Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
Like Tree46Likes
  1.    #1  
    i'm not sure whether this has already been posted:

    Best Buy expecting more HP Touchpad shipments | DroidMatters.com

    who knows, maybe i'll be able to find one this week
  2. methods's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #2  
    droidmatters? Really? Android users can easily buy any of the available droid tablets. nope they want the discounted touchpad so they can port Android on it and kill a perfectly good webOS device. If they start doing this with Pre3s because they like the form factor I'll go mad.
    Leave our touchpads as webOS touchpads and let webOS users get atleast 1!
    kjb86 and tmark86 like this.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    droidmatters? Really? Android users can easily buy any of the available droid tablets. nope they want the discounted touchpad so they can port Android on it and kill a perfectly good webOS device. If they start doing this with Pre3s because they like the form factor I'll go mad.
    Leave our touchpads as webOS touchpads and let webOS users get atleast 1!
    Dude, if you dont like Android fine, when the port is finished just dont use it. Just because you dont want to have more options for your touchpad that doesnt mean that everybody else feels the same way.
  4. methods's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtyfingers View Post
    Dude, if you dont like Android fine, when the port is finished just dont use it. Just because you dont want to have more options for your touchpad that doesnt mean that everybody else feels the same way.
    Listen, there are limited amounts of these things and you don't understand what webOS users have gone through waiting for devices, especially those on Sprint. We are still using the first devices that was produced with no avenue to upgrade. We had to wait until contracts expired to make a move. Our choices are very limited and the devices we want with the OS we love is scarce.
    k4ever, tmark86 and circadia like this.
  5. DRFP's Avatar
    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    droidmatters? Really? Android users can easily buy any of the available droid tablets. nope they want the discounted touchpad so they can port Android on it and kill a perfectly good webOS device. If they start doing this with Pre3s because they like the form factor I'll go mad.
    Leave our touchpads as webOS touchpads and let webOS users get atleast 1!
    Its a tough situation
    WebOs is poor with Apps
    apps is what makes a Tablet not the OS so much

    But most buyers are not true tech savvy so even if a port is found most will be on WebOs this means at least a market of 250 to 300,000 for Devs

    I think there will be Apps

    I bought Advanced Browser lastnight because I want better browsing and updates to the browser
  6. #6  
    I admit, went into this whole touchpad thing fairly closed minded with the expectation that I'd be porting to android. Didn't take long for me to fall in love with webOS. I'm hoping the hundreds of thousands of new touchpad owners will share my feelings to help with app development on this OS.
    Dazo, RoverNole, 11B1P and 10 others like this.
  7. #7  
    I am hoping to run android in a card like ubuntu. That way we can have the best of both worlds.
  8. 11B1P's Avatar
    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,113 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    WebOs is poor with Apps
    apps is what makes a Tablet not the OS so much
    No, apps are what make the phone. Do you even understand why apps are created? It's because the screen size of the phone and the operating limits of a phone, keep it from using all the features of a website. With a tablet, you don't need an app, you simply go to the website. You don't need an app that is optimized, because the Touchpad will render the website as it is.

    And it's webOS. The "w" is not capitalized. Thanks.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    No, apps are what make the phone. Do you even understand why apps are created? It's because the screen size of the phone and the operating limits of a phone, keep it from using all the features of a website. With a tablet, you don't need an app, you simply go to the website. You don't need an app that is optimized, because the Touchpad will render the website as it is.

    And it's webOS. The "w" is not capitalized. Thanks.
    I'm a newbie here and I couldn't agree more. I will admit at first I toyed with wanting android, then I used this tablet. Webos (sorry, auto capped) is a hundred times more polished than android, doing things in webos is effortless and does not make me want to rip pubic hair out with pliers, cannot say the same for android. It is truly sad that it took a firesale and death of a tablet to discover webos.


    I'm a tad confused at the account I just made.... I didn't join in 2000 and I'm not michael from indiana...
    Last edited by mdonato; 08/28/2011 at 09:28 AM.
  10. #10  
    This memo is from earlier in the week. It's old at this point.
    Last edited by MrAlmostPopular; 08/28/2011 at 03:43 PM.
  11. #11  
    soo..someone want to get me a spare..pleaseeeee
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    With a tablet, you don't need an app, you simply go to the website. You don't need an app that is optimized, because the Touchpad will render the website as it is.
    Unfortunately the browser doesn't render a lot of sites correctly. Mint.com for example is unusable in touchpad so it would need an app which i'm sure is not gonna happen. There are many other sites that don't render correctly. While webOS is ok in my opinion, Android on the Samsung 10.1 blows this thing away. I'll be porting as soon as it becomes available. I just don't see apps in the future here.
  13. #13  
    Not to stir the pot, but if people want to flash a buggy OS (ie. Android) to some pretty good hardware, let them. Just hope the battery life lasts longer than an hour.
  14. prim8's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    #14  
    I don't think android is any more buggy then webOS.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    Unfortunately the browser doesn't render a lot of sites correctly. Mint.com for example is unusable in touchpad so it would need an app which i'm sure is not gonna happen. There are many other sites that don't render correctly. While webOS is ok in my opinion, Android on the Samsung 10.1 blows this thing away. I'll be porting as soon as it becomes available. I just don't see apps in the future here.
    Did you try the hulu fix that makes websites think it is a windows browser?
    Look in the hulu fix thread. Mint seems to run fine on my TOuchPad but I did not go past opening page.

    KIndle got an app update this week, Open Office next week, CompanionLink shortly will have USB syncing so I am not going anywhere for now.

    As a last resort, if websites don't work right, I can always use Chromium browser in ubuntu (look in ubuntu tutorial thread for how to install)
    RoverNole and tmark86 like this.
  16. #16  
    Best Buy employee here: The full article that it refers to was posted on 8/24. In the full article it said that THAT WEEK all stores would be receiving their FINAL shipment of Touchpads and would not be receiving anymore. That Friday Best Buy stores would receive their FINAL (clearing out warehouse) shipment of accessories (mostly cases). Best Buy has cleared their warehouses for the most part, if any stores have them it's due to not selling them, not because of continued stock replenishment.

    Right from the comments. The person says there a BB employee. I'm just waiting for HP.com to have them.
    My Pixi *Plus* can handle the "new features" of WebOS 2

    Your 2.1 Pixi is only 15 minutes away: http://nuttybunny.wordpress.com/2011...pixi-plus-gsm/
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
    I don't think android is any more buggy then webOS.
    Although I've never used Honeycomb, Android 2.2, 2.3 etc is quite buggy. Also considering that this will be a port, one would come to the conclusion that there will probably be some issues. Think of all the drivers that have to be ported...

    But best of luck to all those Android people out there! If I was going to flash Android, I'll at least wait until Honeycomb is available... but i'll be keeping webOS.
  18. 11B1P's Avatar
    Posts
    178 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,113 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmytvc15 View Post
    Unfortunately the browser doesn't render a lot of sites correctly. Mint.com for example is unusable in touchpad so it would need an app which i'm sure is not gonna happen. There are many other sites that don't render correctly. While webOS is ok in my opinion, Android on the Samsung 10.1 blows this thing away. I'll be porting as soon as it becomes available. I just don't see apps in the future here.
    I will agree with you some. DailySteals.com wants to revert to the mobile site. I've not used an Android device so I can't give an opinion.

    Where I disagree is the lack of apps in the future. I feel that if we, as a community, support our devs and even contact the devs we want to see on webOS, there is no reason for them not to continue to support webOS. We have to actively contact the devs and let them know we need them.
  19. NeoGeo71's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #19  
    I vote for android in a card as well. this would give us best of both worlds.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdonato View Post
    clip...


    I'm a tad confused at the account I just made.... I didn't join in 2000 and I'm not michael from indiana...
    is this happening on your phone or PC? Please clear your cache and cookies, and log in again after a reboot. If it continues, please let us know!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions