Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree46Likes
    To bring this thread back to the topic, I was at BestBuy buying something irrelevant, and the guy selling me stuff said the employees went on a mad dash to get the TouchPads when they went on firesale.

But after we talked, he said there will be no more shipments, but it could just be to select BB's.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by methods View Post
    droidmatters? Really? Android users can easily buy any of the available droid tablets. nope they want the discounted touchpad so they can port Android on it and kill a perfectly good webOS device. If they start doing this with Pre3s because they like the form factor I'll go mad.
    Leave our touchpads as webOS touchpads and let webOS users get atleast 1!
    The ironic thing is the article discusses tablets that were shipped with Android (or is it android because it ships on a webOS capable tablet? Can I choose to call it Android and call the tablet WebOS capable?)

I guess these users are the black sheep of the webOS community. The tablet were sold without any support, what are they supposed to do? Since Android CANNOT touch the TouchPad, did they truly buy a dead tablet? What would you recommend they do? (Pretending they don't exist isn't an option)

Did I just buy a closed system, that I'm not allowed to modify?
    <RANT off>

With that said, I prefer to keep mine running webOS, but I might install a patch to change 'webOS' to 'WebOS'. I might consider Android with a dual boot install of HoneyComb or Ice Cream sandwich.
    Last edited by cdoty; 08/28/2011 at 03:29 PM.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth View Post
    I will agree with you some. DailySteals.com wants to revert to the mobile site. I've not used an Android device so I can't give an opinion.

Where I disagree is the lack of apps in the future. I feel that if we, as a community, support our devs and even contact the devs we want to see on webOS, there is no reason for them not to continue to support webOS. We have to actively contact the devs and let them know we need them.
    Def agree with what you said about the apps:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3109979
    The posters who noted above that the BB email was for 8/24 are correct. I stopped in to a BB today, and the regional receiving manager happened to be there. He said all stores within 500 miles (I am in Rochester, NY) got their last Touchpads by 8/25.

They are now under orders to return any stragglers back to HP - - they will NOT be hitting the shelves.

Looks like HP is the last hope for many of us.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    What would be better is to see WebOS on one of the Galaxy Tablets. The hardware isn't the good part of the Touchpad, the software is. Just a few application updates away from real functionality.
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Dazo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    The posters who noted above that the BB email was for 8/24 are correct. I stopped in to a BB today, and the regional receiving manager happened to be there. He said all stores within 500 miles (I am in Rochester, NY) got their last Touchpads by 8/25.

They are now under orders to return any stragglers back to HP - - they will NOT be hitting the shelves.

Looks like HP is the last hope for many of us.
    That could be right, but when I stopped in at the local BB this afternoon (Sunday) I was talking to one rep in the computer section (who did not seem to be tired of TP questions) who said they did not have any and he did not know when/if they would get any more in. He did say, though, that their system will show deliveries expected in the next day or two and he would check that. He showed me the screen that came up and that BB (and all others in town or nearby towns) did not show any on the way, but the one in Myrtle Beach, SC (about 4 hours away) is supposed to get 12 in the next day or two....at least according to the delivery schedule he was able to look up.

I'm not going to drive 4 hours for a $99 TP, so I am waiting on HP also, but for those in Myrtle Beach, might want to check that BB on Monday or Tuesday.
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfan3033 View Post
    Although I've never used Honeycomb, Android 2.2, 2.3 etc is quite buggy. Also considering that this will be a port, one would come to the conclusion that there will probably be some issues. Think of all the drivers that have to be ported...

But best of luck to all those Android people out there! If I was going to flash Android, I'll at least wait until Honeycomb is available... but i'll be keeping webOS.
    Sorry, but there are plenty of webOS bugs running around. I believe even after the patches (that don't even come from HP) it is still buggier than android.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123