Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Heello
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Seeing as how the battery is non-replaceable without extensive work to open up the touchpad I am trying to conserve it. I am using my touchpad with the touchstone and am concerned that keeping the touchpad in this for the majority of the time (even after fully charged) will deplete the battery's health. I enjoy the touchpad staying in the charger as it allows me to easily view documents but am I hurting the battery in the long run? Thanks!
    Wrong, keeping these types of batteries topped off is better for their health as stated in my Mugen Battery instructions. For an example, my Palm Pre has spent the majority of it's 26 months sitting on a touchstone either at home or in my car and the battery is still at 88% capacity. I have complete faith in HP/Palm design of the Touchstone charger and my TouchPad sits on it when not in use.

What shortens these type of batteries life is draining them way down and then recharging them.
    I wrote up my thoughts about this here
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Wrong, keeping these types of batteries topped off is better for their health as stated in my Mugen Battery instructions. For an example, my Palm Pre has spent the majority of it's 26 months sitting on a touchstone either at home or in my car and the battery is still at 88% capacity. I have complete faith in HP/Palm design of the Touchstone charger and my TouchPad sits on it when not in use.

What shortens these type of batteries life is draining them way down and then recharging them.
    Judging by what you just said it would be safe to assume that the TP doesn't use lithium batteries?
    treodoc755 likes this.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Is the phone left on at all times?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heello View Post
    Judging by what you just said it would be safe to assume that the TP doesn't use lithium batteries?
    The Touchpad, as well as pretty much all laptops, MP3 players, anything portable uses Lithium-ion batteries. Keeping them top upped as the other guy said, is the best way to maximize life. Not draining them and charging them as on older types of batteries.
    The question from the op was about leaving the device on the TS all time. This has improved from the the pre as I posted above (follow the link)
    Last edited by somline; 08/28/2011 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heello View Post
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    The question from the op was about leaving the device on the TS all time. This has improved from the the pre as I posted above (follow the link)

Thanks for the info @somline and BTW, awesome app!
    Thanks for the info @somline and BTW, awesome app!
    Thanks networkr. I think you know that you are THE example of someone using a TS for so long and still has a good (mugen) battery :-)
    With reasonable care a LithiumIon battery will go bad from "time" before number of uses.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    This is going to show my ignorance. I thought that with lithium batteries you want to use it until the battery is low. You are suppose to constantly charge it?