Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    When I eject the touchpad, through windows explorer, I receive an error along the lines that the device is busy And/or being accessed. To my knowledge (disabled av) the device is not being accessed by any application, nor by windows explorer. Any ideas how I can unmount my touchpad properly, from my xp box without the dreaded "owww, that hurts" response??
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    From Windows Explorer, right-click on the drive letter that's been assigned to your touchpad.. then hit "Eject". That should do it!
  3.    #3  
    auto_exec, I would assume that would work also; however, that is the exact steps that I am utilizing. I'll have to check if I have the same unmounting issue, using a different pc, and the same process.

Thanks for the reply!
    I'm having the same problem. I have tried ejecting the touchpad from the drive letter as suggested as well as using the "safely remove hardware" thing in the task tray. I still feel like I am abusing my poor little (almost irreplaceable) touchpad.

nnb
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifty View Post
    When I eject the touchpad, through windows explorer, I receive an error along the lines that the device is busy And/or being accessed. To my knowledge (disabled av) the device is not being accessed by any application, nor by windows explorer. Any ideas how I can unmount my touchpad properly, from my xp box without the dreaded "owww, that hurts" response??
    Did you put your Pad in developer mode to load Preware? Unless you are going to use WOSQI on a regular basis turn developer mode off.

I had the same issues and believe my computer was accessing the Novacom drivers each time it was hooked up. After turning developer mode off I no longer had the issue.
    bainx and Biggnaa20 like this.
    Same problem here. I've tried the ejecting and Safely Remove Hardware options.

My computer tells me it's safe to remove, and it disappears from Windows Explorer (and device manager) but the Touchpad still thinks it's connected.

This only happens on my XP Pro machine. All my Windows 7 laptops have no problem ejecting/unmounting.

It's a bit baffling.
    If I've used WOSQI, I need to force novacom shut from the task manager. Otherwise, I can eject it normally.

One thing is that it comes up as (this is from memory but you'll get the idea):
    Eject USB Device
    - I: HP Touchpad

If I right click on the top/bold part, it'll say it ejected but the Touchpad will protest upon disconnect. I have to right click on the bottom/italic part for a proper dismount.
    Same Here...I'm going to try my other Win7 machine tonight.
    Ah, thought it was just me doing something wrong. Clicking "Eject webOS device" and then still get the 'oww' message that touchpad is being abused from improper ejection.
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alfaverde View Post
    Did you put your Pad in developer mode to load Preware? Unless you are going to use WOSQI on a regular basis turn developer mode off.

I had the same issues and believe my computer was accessing the Novacom drivers each time it was hooked up. After turning developer mode off I no longer had the issue.
    Ahhh, that may be the answer. I (have been) leave Developer Mode on all the time. I have noticed that when I go the Safely Remove Hardware in the system tray, it was also showing Novacom. I will turn DM off and try it out. I need to rip some more movies to my pad, so I'll try it then.
    Last edited by wbdillworth; 08/30/2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: clarification
    bainx likes this.
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    If someone confirms this before me that this works, we need to update the Bug report. I have listed it there. It will be a day or two before I can try it out. Post back here if it does solve the problem and that you've updated the Bug Report thread.
  12.    #12  
    Sorry, or not checking this thread sooner. I do not have developer mode enabled, nor the novacom drivers installed. When I get a chance in the next few days, I'll see if my other PCs have the same issue unmounting the touchpad properly.
    I couldn't unmount my Touchpad last night either and received the OUCH message. I then shut the device down overnight after using it for an hour or so... Upon starting it up this morning it displayed a giant USB icon on the screen and I couldn't do anything. It wasn't mounted or charging or anything....I had to reset the device to get it to do anything.

Did I do any damage here?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I've encountered this same problem on both of my Touchpads. It occurs on both of the PCs I use. One running XP 64 bit and the other running Windows7 64 bit and it was taking place prior to enabling Developers mode.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I've had this problem with my phone and TP since going to 64bit OS. Sometimes ejecting the drive before unmounting will work but not always. I've also gone in and killed everything that might be accessing it, but that is a pain and not reliable. Now I just shut down the PC with my device still attached, then unplug it while the PC is off.

I have gotten the phantom USB icon on my Pre before adopting the shutdown procedure. With the phone, a battery-pull power down, or reconnecting to the PC and trying again worked. I don't know about the TP.
    This is not good.... I hope a patch can be made soon.
    Here is the fix I found, when you go to eject the device, eject the drive letter ( - Eject HP TOUCHPAD (L ) and not the actual device, once the drive has been ejected look at the touchpad an wait for the main screen to appear, now disconnect. (see attachment)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpierson View Post
    Here is the fix I found, when you go to eject the device, eject the drive letter ( - Eject HP TOUCHPAD (L ) and not the actual device, once the drive has been ejected look at the touchpad an wait for the main screen to appear, now disconnect. (see attachment)
    tried that also, still gives me the "owww, that hurts" error. The navcom driver stays connected =(
    I found the fix!! Go to "my computer" right click on the HP Touch Pad drive and click eject. Works for me!!
    I've been experiencing this issue as well. One question I have regarding this though is: Does it actually cause harm to your Touchpad or is it just a "cover your ****" screen HP has put in the touchpad? Or is it just a bug?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast