View Poll Results: Who got the touchpad during the fire sale?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Finally I got it! (Or on the way)

127 90.71%
  • No. Out of stock.

6 4.29%
  • Kinda. My order was canceled.

7 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I got one from the Amazon retailer onSale. I was one of the lucky ones. Who else got one? Answer in the poll.
    I think you missed the poll somewhere along the line. <_< EDIT: Ah, there it is.

But I just got my second TP today courtesy of the firesale, via Office Depot.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    I think you missed the poll somewhere along the line. <_<

But I just got my second TP today courtesy of the firesale, via Office Depot.
    Sorry. I just added it. Also everyone, please put where you got the touchpad. It might help other people hunt for it. I got the 32 gb model and updated to version 3.0.2.88 successfully. Who also got their touchpad from onSale?
    I was able to score one from a Wal-Mart about 30 miles away from my house. I got extra lucky when I ordered a 16GB online for $99. They had a messed up inventory and only had one 32 and gave that to me for the same price. I must say it is nice to be using a webOS device again. I had a 1st day Pre and it was a great phone. I use it for work and after a year there still wasn't an RDP client so I decided to make the switch to Android. Still sad to not be able to find an RDP program but I can say out of the original iPad, an Asus Transformer and the Touchpad, if I'm going to be just goofing around on the web the Touchpad is usually the one I grab.
    Option 4 - I hope so, because I placed an order and got a confirmation e-mail, but I don't actually have the TouchPad yet. I'm just waiting and hoping that I receive the TP and not a cancellation notice.
    - Bubba
    Got a 32gb and a 16gb, both via Amazon lightning deals
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    16gb from OnSale was delivered Friday.
    I got one last week Sunday when they first went on sale at Best Buy.

My wife had first heard they were discontinued and the night before we saw a commercial for them (the Russell Brand one) and kind of laughed about them still playing the commercials. That night, I saw the news stories about the fire sale. The next morning I told her about it just as a "Hey, remember that thing?", but she said I should see if they were available. So I got to Best Buy an hour before they opened and waited with one other guy. Finally, at about ten minutes before they opened, the crowd suddenly grew to eighteen people and once I was actually getting mine run up (I was first!) it was maybe thirty people.

I'm very happy with it; did the various speed tweaks, got me apps and just came back from a weekend vacation with it where it was a nice time waster in the evenings. Would have never paid full price for it (just because it's a pure luxury items and I couldn't justify it) but it was a steal for the price.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Got 1 16gb a week ago (sunday) and 1 32gb last saturday.

Keeping the 32gb, gifting the 16gb.

Best money spent in a while.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    1 x32 2 x 16 keeping all of them for family
    32gig ordered from HP SMB, estimated ship 9/6
    16gig picked up at BestBuy
    --Simon
    Got my 32 from hhgregg. Anyone else go the hhgregg route? Have not seen them mentioned in here at all. I am still kicking myself for having not grabbed one of the 16's for my wife. Arggghhhh!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

Be a Patriot, pray for Obama, Psalm 109:8

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    called hh gregg...no dice...
    Need a limbo option as I got confirmation of my order but nothing else....
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    My first message on here, I ordered mine from PC World. It is currently at a delivery depot about 20 miles from my home, hopefully get it tomorrow.

Steve
    got my 32gb from HP Store
    Walked in Bestbuy
    flirted with the guy behind counter
    he had 3-4 that he was saving for his friends...
    He gave me one..and I'm not his friend.
    he said "sorry I only have a 32 inch"
    I said "pardon"
    I mean, "32 gigs"
    I was, Okkk, sure, I can handel a 32.
    I picked mine up at Aarons on Saturday. I had to pay more. 192.00 after tax, but IMO worth it.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Got two 32gb at Santa Fe NM Staples 30 minutes after they opened on August 20, 2011. Didn't go there looking for them and really wasn't expecting them to have any at all. Bought the last two there and no idea if they had any shipments pending.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    Walked in Bestbuy
    flirted with the guy behind counter
    he had 3-4 that he was saving for his friends...
    He gave me one..and I'm not his friend.
    he said "sorry I only have a 32 inch"
    I said "pardon"
    I mean, "32 gigs"
    I was, Okkk, sure, I can handel a 32.

I'm sorry but I LOLed at this one. Don't think he was really thinking about TouchPads...in fact I'd go as far to say he was doing some SERIOUS wishful thinking!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast