Like Tree10Likes
  • 10 Post By kkhanmd
  1.    #1  
    I recently bought a Smart Buy touchpad. What are the hardware or any other differences? Software?
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    What are you talking about?

This is a forum about the HP touchpad

What is a smart buy touchpad?
    I believe smart buy was just some sort of internal code for HP. Don't think it makes any difference.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    I saw on the forums somewhere that the Smart Buy has a different HP SKU number for internal tracking at HP. The Smart Buy was supposed to be sold through the business side so they could see how many small businesses bought the tablet. There is no hardware or software difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by touchpadaddict01 View Post
    I recently bought a Smart Buy touchpad. What are the hardware or any other differences? Software?
    SmartBuy is most definitely a code HP uses. It is often used on their business products. In the case of the touchpad I have not seen any reported differences between the SMART BUY labeled touchpad and any other touchpad. I think it basically means it was sold through the business unit vs consumer products.
    smart buy is when you buy TP for 99 on firesale, non-smart buy is when you buy it for full price or on ebay
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  7. SR1
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    SmartBuy is most definitely a code HP uses. It is often used on their business products. In the case of the touchpad I have not seen any reported differences between the SMART BUY labeled touchpad and any other touchpad. I think it basically means it was sold through the business unit vs consumer products.
    this was my understanding as well
    I've seen the 64GB Touchpads labeled as "Smart Buy".
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    smartbuy is a channel HP uses for closeouts. The products are identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    smartbuy is a channel HP uses for closeouts.
    Nope.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3089111
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I have a "smart buy" touchpad from onSale. I read on a message board that the only difference was that the "smart buy" touchpads were sold by HP Business as opposed to their consumer division. Not sure how accurate this info is.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_T View Post
    I have a "smart buy" touchpad from onSale. I read on a message board that the only difference was that the "smart buy" touchpads were sold by HP Business as opposed to their consumer division. Not sure how accurate this info is.
    Does the Device Information show different info?

Mine has a Product number starting with 'FB', a serial number starting with '5CL', and the name ends with 'HP TouchPad'. In More Info, my Model starts with 'HST'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    if you read the post and the .PDF behind it, you would say "yep"
    I wrote that post. I am also an HP reseller participating in the Smart Buy program. Smart Buy has absolutely nothing to do with closeouts. Smart Buy is the channel through which HP sells preconfigured systems to the business sector without having to purchase large volumes, which is exactly what the PDF says.

HP sells closeouts through its outlet store.

Outlet and refurbished store | HP® Official Store
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    My 64gb Touchpad came in a box labeled "Smart Buy".
    Long Live Palm
    There is no difference in the product between a Smart Buy SKU and a regular SKU. Smart Buy products are not closeout products.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    HP Employee here....Smart Buy is the name of the system used for internal purchases. It's possible that this may have been done to move inventory from one business unit to another
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoTreoGurl View Post
    My 64gb Touchpad came in a box labeled "Smart Buy".
    Sorry to OT, but best avatar EVAR!

Sent from my HTC Eva 4G using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    this thread makes me lol