Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello, my friend fraser purchased a hp touchpad 16gb the other day off the internet to find that when it arrived, it was not the device he thought he had purchased it was a "beatpad". we searched the internet for anything relating to this and nothing had come up. After looking through the beatpad we have discovered that it is indeed was running a diffrent build of the os, running "HP webOS 3.0 Build 4920" which must be some sort of os beta for the device. It also rocks a 64gb flash memory and a sim card slot which a sim card can actually fit unlike the others. It also has a custom music player than the regular touchpads and has some app called "mybeats" which so far does not work for some reason. If anyone has any idea what this may be or has any information about this device, please inform me in this thread.

<<post restored and updated by staff>>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/27/2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: old info
    what the what!?
    So I've got a 32gb and I just found out about this little slot....does anyone know what it is? Is it a SIM slot? I've never seen nor heard any mention of it /highjack
    that isn't a sim slot, it's where the sim card would go for the 3g version.

be sure to hit the tip button on the main page, because this is a real scoop...
    Not a sim slot. All touchpads have it, just holds the serial number.

The rest however, is quite interesting.....
    I want to see someone pull out the install of the music player app...
    Bet its from dre's I need a doctor vid

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    I say put it on ebay and see how much you get for it
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Want!
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I say put it on ebay and see how much you get for it
    agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge View Post
    Not a sim slot. All touchpads have it, just holds the serial number.

The rest however, is quite interesting.....
    It has a different serial number from the info screen it looks like.
    I note on the launcher it says "Favourites" rather than Favorites and has a Sky news app.

Was this found in the UK?
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    yes where was it purchased?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    ...and now the first post is gone???
  15.    #15  
    Hello, my friend fraser purchased a hp touchpad 16gb the other day off the internet to find that when it arrived, it was not the device he thought he had purchased it was a "beatpad". we searched the internet for anything relating to this and nothing had come up. After looking through the beatpad we have discovered that it is indeed was running a diffrent build of the os, running "HP webOS 3.0 Build 4920" which must be some sort of os beta for the device. It also rocks a 64gb flash memory and a sim card slot which a sim card can actually fit unlike the others. It also has a custom music player than the regular touchpads and has some app called "mybeats" which so far does not work for some reason. If anyone has any idea what this may be or has any information about this device, please inform me in this thread.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/27/2011 at 10:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    ...and now the first post is gone???
    And the mystery gets deeper or "beater"
    All TouchPads have this slot. The same case is used for devices that have 3G radios and those that dont. The slot is only used for the 3G radio version for a SIM card.
    why change the thread?
  19.    #19  
    to remove my email address from the photo & to rearrange the images order
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    This is the Tablet that At&t was going to get but it was cancled
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast