1.    #1  
    hi all, quick question. How can I create an icon on the desktop for facebook? Also is there
    a way to make google my homepage so when I open the browser it goes right to google? Thanks so much, Chuck
    hi crwmlw,

first thing you'll need to remove one of the icons in the launcher bar. Do this by opening up the launcher, then touch and hold the icon you want to move and drag it into the launcher page. Then do the opposite from the launcher page and drop it on the launcher bar.

As far as the homepage goes, you don't really need it, you have Just Type. Simply tap the Just Type bar and start typing. Google search is one of the options there.

If you want a more accessible way of bookmarks, look into the Advanced Browser in the App Catalog.
    are you using the standard facebook app?

if you are using ten browser, tap the square icon with the arrow and choose "add to launcher"
    do you mean have facebook on the quick launch bar? If so it allows 5 icons. Remove one by simply holding it and dragging it back to the launcher, then drag and hold facebook down to the launcher.

as of right now there is no way to have a home page. Just add google to your favourites. With 'just type' there really isn't a need for a home page. Just start typing and the google function will show up.
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the responses. I have no clue what the launcher is
  6.    #6  
    ok looks like I figured out the launcher and launcher page. Is there a way of putting the apps such as facebook, youtube etc. Right on to the homescreen? Like the ipad?
    Quote Originally Posted by crwmlw View Post
    ok looks like I figured out the launcher and launcher page. Is there a way of putting the apps such as facebook, youtube etc. Right on to the homescreen? Like the ipad?
    no there isn't. The ipad doesn't have a "home screen" its just multiple launcher pages.

just type man.