1.    #1  
    Hey guys, one of the people who brought a TP on the ongoing sale. A few issues:

When I plug the TP into my computer it doesn't do anything, the computer doesn't reconqize it or anything. I download webdoctor and it doesn't see the device when I plug it in.

Also when I plug the unit into the charge it tells me that there isn't enough power to charge it even though I am using the adapter that came with it. It was working at first and now it doesn't any ideas?
    have you tried doing a full reboot? Power button and home key for like 15 sec? If not try it, my webos experience taught me when all else fails, full reboot!

also for the doctor, is developer mode turned on? If not you need to search about this, there is to much to just tell you here. Welcome to webos, its great but you might have to take at least a little taste of the blue pill to get the full experience
    Cheers
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    there is a thread about the power adapter needing to be opened and closed again. it kind of twists open
    the computer doesn't put out enough power to charge the TP.

it must also be plugged directly in to the pc, not in to a hub.

if you can't install the novacom drivers on your pc, get the Universal Novacom install utility from the Canucks Coding subforum.

you don't need to be in developer mode to run the doctor, but you need to be in dev mode to install Preware.

Let us know as you have questions!
    [QUOTE=Cantaffordit; don't need to be in developer mode to run the doctor, but you need to be in dev mode to install Preware.
    [/QUOTE]

oh yes, my bad
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the friendly advice. For some reason the power issue corrected itself. I was using the charger that came with it and it was still giving me a warning.

Can any of you guys tell me what I need to do to get music and pictures onto the TP? I will have to do some more research.

BTW, I am a big Android guy but I am very much digging WebOS, just wish there was a better choice for an ereader. I have to email the guys over at overdrive and ask them to do the app for WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by hey1steve1 View Post
    Thanks for the friendly advice. For some reason the power issue corrected itself. I was using the charger that came with it and it was still giving me a warning.

Can any of you guys tell me what I need to do to get music and pictures onto the TP? I will have to do some more research.
    You need to connect the Touchpad and it should show you a menu to put it in "USB Mode", after that just copy the files over!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You need to connect the Touchpad and it should show you a menu to put it in "USB Mode", after that just copy the files over!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Got it working, thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by hey1steve1 View Post
    Got it working, thanks guys.
    Cool... no need to power it off and stand upside down over your head while juggling the device
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg