Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Hello everyone, how are you?

    I was wondering if everyone would share there kernel and governor setting (and any other necessary info) that gives you the best performance and battery life out of your device.

    Also, anyone know the difference between ondemand and ondemandtcl?

    Thanks!
  2. #2  
    Conservative governor
    Min 432
    Max 1.728
    Sampling Rate 0.1sec
    Sampling Down Factor 10
    Up Threshold 70%
    Down Threshold 40%
    Ignore Nice Load: False
    Freq Step 5%


    Not saying this is ideal... my logic is that it ramps up quickly, but in small increments, just high enough to get the job done and stays there long enough to prevent any sort of stuttering and then drops down gradually as demand tapers off.
  3. #3  
    I'm using ondemandtcl with warthog

    changed Max freq 1.728GHz
    changed sampling rate to .1 sec
    changed up threshold 75%
    changed max floor windows to 2 sec
    changed down differential to 2 sec

    i/o scheduler is set to bfq

    Everything ielse is defaults and I get excellent battery life 1 hour of use is about 15% battery loss and get not one single lag.

    My girlfriend is using uberkernel at 1.5GHz with the same settings and hers is just like mine but my browser loads faster.

    Remember to apply all the speed patches and you should be good to go with these settings and uberkernel.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jarnail24 View Post
    I'm using ondemandtcl with warthog

    changed Max freq 1.728GHz
    changed sampling rate to .1 sec
    changed up threshold 75%
    changed max floor windows to 2 sec
    changed down differential to 2 sec

    i/o scheduler is set to bfq

    Everything ielse is defaults and I get excellent battery life 1 hour of use is about 15% battery loss and get not one single lag.

    My girlfriend is using uberkernel at 1.5GHz with the same settings and hers is just like mine but my browser loads faster.

    Remember to apply all the speed patches and you should be good to go with these settings and uberkernel.
    I agree it runs real nice, anyone else have any preferences?

    Anyone know the difference between ondemand and ondemandtcl? Can't seem to find the answer in google.

    Thanks
  5. #5  
    I think ondemandtcl is more of the way that hp intended it to run and ondemand is just another that was made custom by govnah.
  6. #6  
    Do you really get that much of a juice with Overclocking? just curious if its worth it..
    thanks
  7. #7  
    I didn't notice a substantial improvement going to 1.5... going to 1.728 with F15c was huge. One of the reasons I'm using the conservative governor is because I believe that most of the tasks I run can be achieved at far below max speed and probably should be, from a battery savings perspective (And I know that some will argue that finishing a task faster is more energy efficient than keeping the clock lower and taking longer).

    If nothing else, I think giving the CPUs more headroom to work with is a huge advantage to overclocking. With my current settings, I get zero hesitation or stuttering no matter what I do.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekOutDog View Post
    Conservative governor
    Min 432
    Max 1.728
    Sampling Rate 0.1sec
    Sampling Down Factor 10
    Up Threshold 70%
    Down Threshold 40%
    Ignore Nice Load: False
    Freq Step 5%


    Not saying this is ideal... my logic is that it ramps up quickly, but in small increments, just high enough to get the job done and stays there long enough to prevent any sort of stuttering and then drops down gradually as demand tapers off.
    I like your settings but I'm curious as to why your min is at 432 and why chose a sampling down factor of 10?
  9.    #9  
    Anyone use noop as an I/O scheduler? Notice any improvements?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGoldAce View Post
    Anyone use noop as an I/O scheduler? Notice any improvements?
    After googling a bit, it sounds like it's ideal for flash memory but if that's the case it makes me wonder why Warthog uses BFQ and F15C uses SIO instead.

    For the hell of it I decided to try it and do some benchmarking using BrowserMark and the Spider one and both didn't change much at all. I wish there was a more in-depth thread about these sub-settings in Govnah but search hasn't yielded much.
  11. #11  
    here are some explanations: [TUT] SetCPU and Advanced Settings - xda-developers

    noop is the best setting for linux based OS in theory because of the solid state drive (don't ask me, i just picked this up from someone smarter than me)

    for tcp congestion, westwood seems like it gives the best thoroughput

    conservative seems to get the 2nd best results after "performance"

    i've modded ondemandtcl to make it faster - sampling rate .01, up threshold 85%, powersave bias 0, max tickle window 1, max floor window 1, down differential 30. Don't see too many changes with ignore nice load setting.

    running F4 phantom kernel at 1.8 ghz max, 412 ghz min and getting about 70K on browsermark with these ondemandtcl settings, 77K with performance, and 67K with conservative without any modifications.

    Not sure about whether conservative or ondemandtcl is better for battery life, since without any modifications, conservative gets a substantially higher score in browsermark than ondemandtc (67k vs 47k)
    Last edited by mistermojorizin; 08/29/2011 at 04:19 AM.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
    Not sure about whether conservative or ondemandtcl is better for battery life, since without any modifications, conservative gets a substantially higher score in browsermark than ondemandtc (67k vs 47k)
    That is good info, I am running the ondemandtcl and I noticed that my tp is way faster, all I did was change the clock speed to 1.5. Maybe I will try the conservative at that same speed and see what happens.

Posting Permissions