Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By andrest107
  • 1 Post By LuD
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Hello,

Today marks a week that I have had my HP TouchPad. I have had the iPad 2 since its first came out. So there is no real need for me to have two tablets. But once I heard that the tablet was marked Down to $99 I couldn't pass that offer.

So at 5AM I ran out my door and went to my local Wal-Mart . I grabbed the last one on the shelf and was ecstatic it also didn't hurt that my mother is a manager at the local Wal-Mart and I got her 20% discount. I had an original pre but quickly dumped it because the cell service with Sprint was horrible. But webOS left such an impression on me I could wait for webOS and I to rekindle the flame we once had.

The unboxing experience was almost apple esque. The device took sometime to get setup but once the splash screen disappeared and I was introduced to the main screen all I can say was WOW! This is what I was waiting for an elegant UI. I got some what tiresome of the iPad icon grids it was always the same style from iphone to ipad . It always felt I was handling a big phone. But that all changed once I started using the TouchPad. I guess what I want to say is that I am in love with my new tablet.

P.S I wrote this on my touchpad
    MobileBill23 likes this.
  2. LuD
    If you have an iPhone, I would highly recommend something else then.
    MobileBill23 likes this.
    I agree completely. Elegant is the word. I love the home page with no icons instead of a grid. It is like an empty desk instead of a cluttered desk. Then I use what I want on the desk.
    this thing is way better than most people thought.
    I like this TouchPad and webOS so much that I am wishing I could score a Pre 3.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnyman View Post
    I like this TouchPad and webOS so much that I am wishing I could score a Pre 3.
    Same here... I'm a die-hard iPhone user but, after a few days with my Touchpad I'd really like to have a Pre3 in the stable to try out.
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime View Post
    I agree completely. Elegant is the word. I love the home page with no icons instead of a grid. It is like an empty desk instead of a cluttered desk. Then I use what I want on the desk.
    this thing is way better than most people thought.
    This is exactly what I love about webOS - the clean uncluttered UI. I'm an organized person, and the thing that bugged me most about i-Devices/Android was the mess of apps/icons littering the UI.

Then, there's also the kick-*** multitasking......
    I had a Pre on launch day, I then moved on to At&T and Android. I forgot how cool webOS is.