Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    May I please direct you to this thread

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-purchase.html

Its beyond a joke this is happening to a unit straight outta the box.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Surely out of 484k registered members, there is bound to be atleast a few HP staff lurking around to assist in matters that are beyond precentral capabilities(great place btw).

Email response has yielded zero response. Twitter with no success either, live chat with no solution. Where is the customer support gone? After all touchpad tablets are out of stock, I would think more care would be taken to ensure more customers are happy.
    There are some HP reps here. You can PM HardBeatZ, but from the other thread, it looks like he won't be able to do any more for you, since you're already escalated.

I wonder if your name matches some list of people US companies can't do business with.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    There are some HP reps here. You can PM HardBeatZ, but from the other thread, it looks like he won't be able to do any more for you, since you're already escalated.

I wonder if your name matches some list of people US companies can't do business with.
    Mhhhhh, if this is the case shame on both US and HP. I would think getting in touch with me would have been the best for all parties.

here is another thread of someone else with the same problem but owning a pre phone I think.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post3101862
    send a PM to HardbeatZ
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    send a PM to HardbeatZ
    I've sent HardbeatZ pm and also received a response back asking for more info which I've provided. From the looks he is the only one that might solve this for me.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I received a call yesterday from HP Customer support to inform me that the Escalation department after two weeks waiting for a solution to fix this problem was to change my last name. Two weeks of researching and all I was told was that!!!!

Even a dragon doesn't fume the way I am now. All along this was the US profiling foreign citizens as frankly what would be the reason for me to change my last name. Is this even a law for what this country the so called "World Policeman" preaches freedom and all that crazy Rambo stuff?

And even after trying what was suggested to just get on with using my TP the way everyone is using theirs, it didn't fix the problem.

my rant can also be found at Twitter with the tag #WebOS
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This is discrimination at the highest level. My name is not good enough for HP, I have to change it to get the App Catalog to allow me to purchase. When I ask about the technical issue, no one is prepared to provide me these details.
    I HIGHLY doubt this is an issue of discrimination. Sounds like a glitch in HP's systems/the code