webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Can I remove a webOS account from a TouchPad?
Can I remove a webOS account from a TouchPad?

Old 08/27/2011, 06:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

My TP (32 GB) won't arrive until Monday or Tuesday, and today the one I ordered for a friend (16 GB) arrived although he won't be visiting until next weekend. I'm really itching to play with the TP during this weekend and obviously my only option is to fire up the 16 GB, but apparently I have to link it to a webOS account to even try it out.

What I want is to be able to test it out, update to 3.0.2 and maybe install Preware, etc. but then remove my webOS account completely so my friend can then register the next time he turns it on and put his own account on the TP.

I googled around and found the option to Full Erase/Secure Full Erase. Will these options work for this purpose? This sounds like a hard reset for me, which means it removes the update as well. Do I have any other options?

Thanks.
Newcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/2011, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Your only option will be to perform a full erase if you log into the TP. The TouchPad wasn't designed for multiple user accounts. All the Synergy accounts and apps that are linked to your profile will just take up space if there were multiple user accounts on there. Hope this helps!
artitumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Newcron
Old 08/27/2011, 07:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Full erase should do the trick. WebOS doctor works too.
FenrirWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: Newcron
Old 08/27/2011, 07:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys!
Newcron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/2011, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

You're welcome!
artitumis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/27/2011, 08:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

FWIW, the full erase will NOT get rid of 3.0.2, so you're safe there.
Old 01/10/2013, 09:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think there is a 2nd easier option, if you go to:

https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

login with the account on the device, remove the device in question from your account! You have remove the account from your device!
Shadowpuppetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 10:08 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowpuppetx View Post

login with the account on the device, remove the device in question from your account! You have remove the account from your device!
Possibly, but a bad idea if you are running a webOS phone since your TouchPad and webOS phone share the same profile. If you delete it from your Manage My Accounts page, it will be deleted from both devices and you will lose everything on your phone too. Gone.

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/2013, 11:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowpuppetx View Post

And it will wipe the device as well, if it's connected to the Internet.
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: HelloNNNewman
Old 03/31/2014, 07:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

I tried to log in to my account but web page won't load: https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/cons...oginPage.iface

The account app on my Pre2 phone has a grey icon to "change login settings" and a red icon to "remove account." However, the icons are grayed out.,

Twice, I did a hard erase and incurred data charges to set up my profile again. However, the same problems. Can't delete profile in account apps.

Also I cannot change "Use account with". Be default, profile uses contacts, calendar, tasks, memos, phone and messaging, I cannot switch the on to the off on these.
freebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2014, 08:05 PM   #11 (permalink)

Just curious why OP would want to erase it?
daver61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0