1.    #1  
    Well, I've been waiting for three weeks to receive the HP promo code. I have:
    - chatted with HP FIVE times over the past two weeks,
    - have faxed them my proof of purchase (which they told me they received)
    - have been told by HP that the "proof of purchase is updated on our side so that you will receive the Promo Code."
    - and just got off the phone with their live support person. STILL NO PROGRESS.

HP's standard answer has been "be patient", "we're still working on it", and it might be fixed "soon". The live support person just said my case has been elevated to "very high level support".

Would love to go buy some more apps, but with a $50 credit coming "soon", I've been waiting to do so.

Can't believe how inept HP has been in this. HOW HARD can it possibly be for them to type in a promo code into my account, or give me the promo code via chat or telephone!?!?!?!!??????

Been a webOS supporter since 2009. Nice customer service, HP (not)!

P.S. For those who who are new Touchpad owners and don't know what this promo code is about, it is from an 8/6 HP blog (http://blog.palm.com/palm/2011/08/10...-touchpad.html) where HP was issuing app catalog credits to early TouchPad adopters to help "make it right" given all of their other August discounts.
    Last edited by ericblackdv; 08/27/2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Added "P.S."
    The promo code was only for the early adopters. I can tell you I bought my first TP on 8/5 and never was promised anything. So, would you prefer your refund or the $50 credit. Don't get greedy, you're not getting both.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by beachin99 View Post
    The promo code was only for the early adopters. I can tell you I bought my first TP on 8/5 and never was promised anything. So, would you prefer your refund or the $50 credit. Don't get greedy, you're not getting both.
    Actually, I am supposed to get both. Nothing greedy about it.

I bought my TP on 7/1 the first day it came out (and have been a Pre- owner since they came out in 2009). I'm not being "greedy". I'm just looking for HP to honor what Jon Zilber promised in the blog I linked above. His key statement:

"If you qualified for our mail-in rebate program for customers who'd previously purchased certain webOS phones, the app credit is on top of that rebate."

The problem is that HP can't figure out their own internal mess of systems. They have sent emails a couple of weeks ago to many early adopters already about the app credit. I, and many other early adopters, haven't received anything and the HP chat and support lines simply give us the runaround.

The reason this irks me is because it's just another example of the many failed promises HP and Palm have made for 2 years to their "WebOS faithful".
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I've had the same experience as you regarding the Promo Code and I'm not happy about it!
    All of that happened before the fire sale. Is there a link to where hp promised both a refund and the app credit?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by lafester View Post
    All of that happened before the fire sale. Is there a link to where hp promised both a refund and the app credit?
    Yes, here:
    The Official HP Palm Blog: 100 more reasons to love the HP TouchPad

Quote from the blog: "If you qualified for our mail-in rebate program for customers who'd previously purchased certain webOS phones, the app credit is on top of that rebate."

Also, once I faxed to HP my July 1st proof of receipt, the HP Chat person on 8/19 said "The proof of purchase is updated on our side so that you will receive the Promo Code."
    Not sure if saw the thread I posted but there is a tech problem for some of us that is preventing HP from giving us the promo code. I wasn't given details, but posted about it here.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...uld-cause.html
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the link, artitumis. I must have missed that post a few days ago.

I still am surprised at what kind of "technical glitch" could be this problematic. Guess we'll wait and see. Sounds like another case of an HP/Palm executive making some public proclamation and only to have his technical folks later tell him behind closed doors "uhhhh, boss...??....??.... we really can't do what you just promised."
    I just got finished with the Live Chat on the TouchPad. Boy what an ordeal.

They tried everything to NOT help me.

-They asked if I did get my confirmation email. I said no email received.
    -They asked where did I purchase the TP. I said WalMart.
    -They asked did I contact WalMart. I said WalMart has nothing to do with this promo code deal. I then gave them the HP Blog link.
    -They asked if I checked my palm profile page. I said yes and the promo code is not showing anywhere on the page.
    -Now they ask for my TP SN. I give that to them.
    -Now they send me a link to the early adopter $50 rebate form to fill out. I tell them this does not have anything to do with the promo code and I have already filled that out and sent it in (BTW I have not gotten a check yet).
    -Now they finally ask for my info on the TP and to fax the receipt to 408-547-0340. I give them the info and fax them the receipt.
    -They now will give this to their superior so they will work on the issue.

I get the Chat session ID from them for tracking this case.

I guess I will wait for a call back with what they are going to do next.