1.    #1  
    After installing some apps via Preware my TouchPad is eating far too much battery while in standby mode. However, I am unable to find an app that tells me what apps are using how much power. Everything in the forum seems rather old on this and this seems like a very basic/needed thing.

Does anyone know a way to find this out without having to uninstall all Preware apps and add them one at a time. . . over a very long time in order too see what's going on with the battery usage/app?

THX
    Unfortunately such app doesn't exist. I would like to write it, but haven't found a way to do so.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Unfortunately such app doesn't exist. I would like to write it, but haven't found a way to do so.
    I was afraid of that. Here's to you finding a way to make it happen ;-)

Nonetheless, thank you for the reply. What I think might work is using gonna and watching the battery usage and how it changes as I add/remove apps.

thx!
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Preware has the battery monitor app, doesn't that app provide that information?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by joos519 View Post
    Preware has the battery monitor app, doesn't that app provide that information?
    battery monitor & Dr. battery both give stats about the battery and overall use but not battery use per app

thx
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hey there,

I've also got the same issue... Battery life appeared to be fab , but recently I've noticed that battery life is being eaten whilst in standby...

Im currently erasing everything, reverting to stockROM and installing one -at a time :-)

something like "top" , or what apps/battery usage app would be nice..
    Angelo
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by asantaga View Post
    Hey there,

I've also got the same issue... Battery life appeared to be fab , but recently I've noticed that battery life is being eaten whilst in standby...

Im currently erasing everything, reverting to stockROM and installing one -at a time :-)

something like "top" , or what apps/battery usage app would be nice..
    One thing to note when you are cleaning off patches. Make sure you uninstall them via preware before doing a webOS Doctor. Some patches will remain if you do not delete them before doctoring.
    been wondering about this myself
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    One thing to note when you are cleaning off patches. Make sure you uninstall them via preware before doing a webOS Doctor. Some patches will remain if you do not delete them before doctoring.
    Hi Strodtbeck,

Just curious, I thought WebOS doctor effectively formatted the internal memory and restored everything.. or doesnt it work that way
    Angelo
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by asantaga View Post
    Hi Strodtbeck,

Just curious, I thought WebOS doctor effectively formatted the internal memory and restored everything.. or doesnt it work that way
    One would think that it would work that way, but it doesn't seem to. There was another thread somewhere where it was also pointed out that you ought to remove patches first, especially OC kernels, before Doctoring the device especially before sending it in to be worked on.

I had left the app launcher tabs patch on and doctored the device. After it was done the extra tabs were still there. The only way I got it off was to install preware, re-install the patch, then remove it.

Obviously some patches aren't noticeable as they don't effect the GUI in any way but the case above tells me not everything is erased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strodtbeck View Post
    After installing some apps via Preware my TouchPad is eating far too much battery while in standby mode. However, I am unable to find an app that tells me what apps are using how much power. Everything in the forum seems rather old on this and this seems like a very basic/needed thing.

Does anyone know a way to find this out without having to uninstall all Preware apps and add them one at a time. . . over a very long time in order too see what's going on with the battery usage/app?

THX
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Android app for this merely counts the CPU usage of all programs, and makes some sort of calculated guesstimate. It looks like a neat idea, but in any case, the vast majority of your battery is likely being eaten by your backlight.

Assuming that Dr. Battery and Govnah have somewhere even remotely resembling an accurate depiction of power consumption, I've been almost completely unable to change current consumption of the touchpad to an obvious level by doing anything other than changing the backlight settings. even running it at 600mhz vs 1200 seems to have no obvious effect on the device, except that the really long pause after you open an Enyo app becomes excruciatingly long.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    you could look in jstop and see which programs are hogging resources
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!