1.    #1  
    Does anyone have the hp bluetooth keyboard? What are your thoughts about it and with what pgms do you use it? Is it the bluetooth standard or hybrid? I wonder if it woukd work with the hated ipad?
    yea aim curious as well...
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    I posted a lengthy description of it in the Touchpad accessories forum somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Does anyone have the hp bluetooth keyboard? What are your thoughts about it and with what pgms do you use it? Is it the bluetooth standard or hybrid? I wonder if it woukd work with the hated ipad?
    I bought it when I bought the TP because Best Buy was selling it for $34.99 and it could be returned unlike the TP if I didn't like it. Its actually very nice and I like the fact there are no logos or branding on it except for underneath. It runs on 2 "AA" batteries. Keys feel nice, not too much of a return on them however. I think it'll be fine for surfing or bloggin but not sure if I'm going to want to write a paper on it. Then again, I don't think I'd want to write anything lengthy on a tablet.

As for hooking it up to the ipad yes, i did it, easy, nothing tricky. I actually have only played with it on the ipad, haven't yet hooked it up to the TP.
    Here's my keyboard review I put up over on the accessories board:

I really like the feel of the keyboard, the keys feel "real" and there's nice tactile feedback as I type. I'm able to type at full speed (+100 wpm) with no issues. Google docs is now a breeze, as the keyboard can scroll through a document with the arrow keys and I can quickly belt out word documents etc with the board as a result - Nice! Also works brilliantly with superNES (although, funny enough, the arrow keys are not recognized for binding so you have to use the letters etc for movement).

The lack of alt or escape don't really bother me, as this was specifically purchased to use with the touchpad and I don't have any need for a bluetooth keyboard for anything else. Of course, if you intend to use this keyboard on other devices, bear in mind that it DOES NOT HAVE alt and escape and will thus lack functionality.

A few annoyances: Arrow keys don't scroll in the browser on REGULAR websites - this is a silly oversight and I'm really hoping a patch will come along to fix this. I don't mind reaching out and swiping at the screen, but having my arrow keys do the scrolling would really improve my user experience. Same goes for card view. I can press the card button on the keyboard and pull up all my cards, but for some strange reason, the keyboard won't let me switch between them. Annoying . Same goes for text input. Tab does a poor job of changing text input boxes etc, so you're constantly reaching out to tap the screen. Once you get into a big writing box (say, to write this comment) it's fine - but getting through the whole subject/address/whatever is highly annoying.

Those are, of course, just a few of the many minor little annoyances I'm noticing when trying to use the keyboard.

I feel like a few patches would make this whole keyboard experience awesome, and I hope that I see some of these patches as time goes on. With everything -exactly- as it is, I'd give the experience a 5 out of 10. It's better than using the screen for longform typing, but really gives you no other advantage to make up for the annoyance of having the carry the thing.

For me, the keyboard is a no brainer since I'll be using this touchpad for some heavy note-taking over the next few months. For an average user though, I'd actually say it's probably not worth grabbing. The onscreen keyboard is sufficient for normal use -especially- with the HP cover, and the bluetooth keyboard doesn't really deliver on it's promise of improved usability - except for when you're doing heavier amounts of writing.

Hell, as nice as this onscreen keyboard is with the low-tilt HP cover stand position, I might just leave the bluetooth keyboard home unless I know I'm going to need to do some serious writing...
    Quote Originally Posted by ncinerate View Post
    Google docs is now a breeze, as the keyboard can scroll through a document with the arrow keys and I can quickly belt out word documents etc with the board as a result - Nice!
    This is great news. I will probably make use of that a lot.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).