Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree58Likes
    Don't forget the TouchPad's unbelievably slow scrolling. It sucks when I finally find the few apps that aren't completely horrible (like Spaz HD and Paper Mache) only to see them hobbled by webOS' terrible scrolling.
    I think the reason why TouchPad's browser slow at rendering because it hasn't 100% GPU accelerated. It depends only to the CPU. Guys.. Please remember that WebOS 3.x is complete re-write from previous 2.x which can be said as make new a OS. And if we follow the history back to last year, then WebOS team at HP only have time no more then a year to do what you now get on TouchPad. So don't be surprise that still bugs here & there & slow problems. Don't compared to OS that already more then 2 years mature. I don't say TouchPad browser will be better to other competitor OS such iOS if they have same maturity, but at least TouchPad browser will still have Flash & complete desktop view while Safari won't have flash from now and at future time, until Tim Cook will change that. I'm quite sure it will far better if HP still support & update TouchPad firmware. No OS is perfect and so does the tablet itself. If you already have TouchPad but don't love it because iPad still better for you then why don't you start thinking to sell it for a bit profit?. There are lots of people out of luck to buy TouchPad (so do I). So why just give them chances to grab one from you while you still can get a bit money profit and forget about weakness of TouchPad and love your iPad instead. Peace!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    daffy4u likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    ... Guys.. Please remember that WebOS 3.x is complete re-write from previous 2.x which can be said as make new a OS. And if we follow the history back to last year, then WebOS team at HP only have time no more then a year to do what you now get on TouchPad. ...

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    While that is true...it does not matter. We are comparing the devices RIGHT NOW. I have read that webOS is not dead and it is going forward...but so far that is only words. HP could shut everything down tomorrow.

I do not, and have never owned an iPad due to the fact that it was cost prohibitive. I ordered a Touchpad and am hoping that HP gets their act together and can keep/increase their third party developers AND keep updating the webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by zappcatt View Post
    While that is true...it does not matter. We are comparing the devices RIGHT NOW.
    Yes that's main problem on market. New OS don't have enough space to breath, or grow. Not surprise if MeeGo, QNX, and including WebOS struggled to survive. Market so fierce, because I found somewhat techs become like religions

Beside the OS, hardware maybe the culprit too, TouchPad design older then iPad1. I read somewhere it said that TouchPad design created by HP firstly to run Windows. But then changed to WebOS. So WebOS forced to works on 2 years old tablet design. If we read article about TouchPad being dissected.. you will know that TouchPad design differs from new generation Tablets. It build like a laptop but small one. So this is major impact or not, I'm quite sure this have contribution to TouchPad performance issue.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234