Page 1 of 12 123456 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Just wanted to confirm that the HP Touchpad does not connect to a jailbroken Iphone 4 WIFI hotspot (currently only ad-hoc to my knowledge, no infrastructure available) such as PDANET or MIWI, have not been able to get it to see the network. If anyone knows a workaround holla
    same here. Using wmwifirouter on a windows 6.1. Bluetooth tether won't wok either since it can't pick up my phone to pair
    Yep, not able to get it work with MyWi here.
    Unable to do through jokuspot via a wirelss adhoc. Was counting on this to work, but was surprised to see it doesn't.
    gmclean likes this.
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    I'm very disappointed I can't tether my TouchPad with my iPhone. Does anyone think that there will ever be a hack for the TouchPad that will allow it to use adhoc?
    webOS does not support ad-hoc wi-fi for security reasons (it did back in 2009, but this was disabled).

If you are a tech-savy guy, you can play around with it and try to inject an ad-hoc connection to webOS.

See also: Ad-Hoc Networking - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rot View Post
    webOS does not support ad-hoc wi-fi for security reasons (it did back in 2009, but this was disabled).

If you are a tech-savy guy, you can play around with it and try to inject an ad-hoc connection to webOS.

See also: Ad-Hoc Networking - WebOS Internals
    Great link. I wish I understood it a lot better. lol
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Huh? It will connect to my wi I did it and can do it now

Two TP both of them we were surfing using the hotspot

did you update the OS?

I think I had to type in the info though
    Got it (Kind of). I connect via wireless adhoc from my N900 to my laptop. Next I share the internet via connectify-lite. It works fine, but it is 3 devices to do this. Not bad for me, because these devices all travel with me. Thanks for the link above, I will read that later and try to cut it down to my phone and tablet.
    I'm using TetherMe and it's working splendidly.
    a workaround should be the first thing on every developers list to make into a patch/app

as these TPs are wifi-only. it'd be great to use it in the car in the middle of the interstate/highways

i'd pay money for it too
    Bones likes this.
    Unfortunately my knowledge stops short of being able to understand anything in that link

Any chance someone could write a patch for this and distribute it via Preware?
    I'm not a tech guy but I rooted my droid2 and use opengarden and it works ok.
    yep TetherMe (in cydia) works great. I can confirm. awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    I'm very disappointed I can't tether my TouchPad with my iPhone. Does anyone think that there will ever be a hack for the TouchPad that will allow it to use adhoc?
    I too think it's very disappointing that the great iPhone is incapable of creating a real wifi hotspot and can only do the insecure ad hoc thing.
    All webOS phones can create REAL hotspots.
    There are several threads about this, you can get a little router, somebody makes it, it can connect to your ad hoc network, and then beacon an infrastructure network, a search should turn up the thread, I can't remember the brand of the routers that do this. Alternatively, you can upgrade to Android, and use one of the several solutions to beacon in infrastructure mode.
    Blasphemous webOS fan, using Android (with a big phone buying problem)
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    MyWi 4.0 works fine for me using the WiFi Hotspot.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    also confirm MyWi 4.0 is working. Paid version. Have not updated my firmware since vzw launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I too think it's very disappointing that the great iPhone is incapable of creating a real wifi hotspot and can only do the insecure ad hoc thing.
    All webOS phones can create REAL hotspots.
    The iPhone does infrastructure mode wifi fine in the current official software actually. It's just the original poster's choice of jailbreak apps that were ad-hoc only.

Anyway, to the original poster: TetherMe will do infrastructure on your jailbroken iPhone 4.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Can At&t detect TetherMe usage? I have always used TetherMe lightly and never got a message from them telling me but I have been using it a lot more with my TP and am a little worried.
Page 1 of 12 123456 11 ... LastLast