Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 234
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by vimak View Post
    Great ! can you elaborate steps on how you got the internet going using n900, I can only get the calls working but no internet.
    I have n900 with power kernel 48 and latest CSSU.
    Installed mobile hotspot (and joikuspot if you wish)
    in the mobile hotspot:
    Interface >> wlan
    Connection >> tmobile, att, etc.
    Network name >> n900tether
    Encryption >> none

    on touchpad
    Xecutah >> Xserver
    Xecutah >> Xterm
    in Xterm type in
    iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid n900tether
    dhclient eth0
    (wait for it....)
    echo nameserver 8.8.8.8 >> /etc/resolv.conf
    echo nameserver 8.8.4.4 >> /etc/resolv.conf
    Open browser start using.

    Similar settings apply for JoikuSpot, just remember that whatever name you select for your tethering connection in JoikuSpot your essid will be JoikuSpot_whatever_you_decided.
    Thats it.
    arcticrobot likes this.
  2. #162  
    Does this process of Xecutah / Xterm etc...have to be carried out each time one needs to connect to the internet?!

    Is there any potential (ie people actually working and spending time developing) of there ever being a patch on preware for this, or technically will we always have to have a work around like this one? Cheers.
  3. #163  
    Working!!

    VZ Droid 2, most recent Android version, Rooted
    Using Wift Tether Beta
    Setting for Droid X, setup as hostapd (master)
    SSID all lowercase
    No password (yet)

    Soooo happy. thank you to everyone who took the time to post your experince. LEarned alot aboutRooting, wifi networks and the TP

    Note; I did NOT chngne any of the settings for TP.
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  4. #164  
    I worked fine the other day using my Nokia N8. Now I'm getting a dhcp lease of always around 400~ seconds.

    Anyone know how to fix that?
  5. #165  
    won't work for me (w/ HTC Diamond 2 + WMWifiRouter in ad-hoc mode) :/
    Any of you guys who succeded know which Wifi channel your tether app used?
  6. #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by andymckay2001 View Post
    Done all of those steps and when going to surf, I just get the no internet connection popup. Am using Joikuspot and the N8 if there are any other ideas
    Try inputting these commands first
    modprobe ar6000
    ifconfig eth0 up
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by lebye View Post
    won't work for me (w/ HTC Diamond 2 + WMWifiRouter in ad-hoc mode) :/
    Any of you guys who succeded know which Wifi channel your tether app used?
    Earlier in this thread is was stated The touch pad does NOT work with an ad Hoc network (if u wan the details, please reread, i dont recall them) Find a Non-adhoc mode. I believe to was STOP or HTOP , or something along those lines, in the wifi setting. If HTC diamond is an Dnroid phone, i would suggest you down.load beta of WifiTehter (again, link in this thread)
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  8. #168  
    iPhone4 iOS 4.3.1
    Jailbroken
    MyWi 4.0
    WiFi hotspot mode, security off, WiFi channel 6, 30% transmit power, bridged to 3G, infrastructure mode.

    above settings allowed me to tether my touchpad to my iPhone.
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by 10ten92 View Post
    I managed to get the Touchpad to connect to my phone using JoikuSpot (ad-hoc wifi) on my phone using the following.

    1) From preware download xecutah, xserver and xterm, these are in testing feeds, here is the link Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    2) Open Xecutah and tap on Xserver, this will launch a new card.
    3) Go back to Xecutah and tap on Xterm and go back to the XServer card which should now be a terminal.
    4) Type the following, replacing your-hotspot-name with whatever your phones wifi is called:
    iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid your-hotspot-name
    5) Type:
    dhclient eth0




    Works perfect with Iphone 3gs MyWi TY !! confirmed no problem with internet, Email, appcatalog, preware everything Ty so much !!
    cannot get this to work at all on my 3GS. it continues to say "no DHCPOFFERS received."

    please explain this part "I managed to get the Touchpad to connect to my phone using JoikuSpot" as it's not listed in your 1-2-3 steps
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
  10. vimak's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by gill_za View Post
    I have n900 with power kernel 48 and latest CSSU.
    Installed mobile hotspot (and joikuspot if you wish)
    in the mobile hotspot:
    Interface >> wlan
    Connection >> tmobile, att, etc.
    Network name >> n900tether
    Encryption >> none

    on touchpad
    Xecutah >> Xserver
    Xecutah >> Xterm
    in Xterm type in
    iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid n900tether
    dhclient eth0
    (wait for it....)
    echo nameserver 8.8.8.8 >> /etc/resolv.conf
    echo nameserver 8.8.4.4 >> /etc/resolv.conf
    Open browser start using.

    Similar settings apply for JoikuSpot, just remember that whatever name you select for your tethering connection in JoikuSpot your essid will be JoikuSpot_whatever_you_decided.
    Thats it.
    I am following exactly the same steps but I get error

    gre0: unknown hardware address type 778

    and then it follows with the following lines repeating :

    DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval xx
  11. #171  
    Finally, please help to clarify?

    Iphone 3GS + MyWi (cydia) is it not working connect with TP for internet service?
  12. djqwik's Avatar
    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #172  
    to make this EASY - if you have a ROOTED ANDROID PHONE, just download the WIFI ROUTER BETA from Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting ... Then set it for Softap (Master) and you can also set a password for the network etc.. then you are good to go!
  13. #173  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    cannot get this to work at all on my 3GS. it continues to say "no DHCPOFFERS received."

    please explain this part "I managed to get the Touchpad to connect to my phone using JoikuSpot" as it's not listed in your 1-2-3 steps


    oh forget it about JoikuSpot,

    Just follow the step 1~3

    and make sure if ur hotspot name has a capital letter u need to type a capital letter in command.
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by 10ten92 View Post
    oh forget it about JoikuSpot,

    Just follow the step 1~3

    and make sure if ur hotspot name has a capital letter u need to type a capital letter in command.
    did all that, it doesn't work on my 3GS 4.3.3
    you are the only person who has said that it worked on yours...

    can you please post as screenshot of the xserver screen after typing in the commands showing that it connected to your dhcp on your iphone 3GS hotspot?
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
  15. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    did all that, it doesn't work on my 3GS 4.3.3
    you are the only person who has said that it worked on yours...

    can you please post as screenshot of the xserver screen after typing in the commands showing that it connected to your dhcp on your iphone 3GS hotspot?


    here u go my iphone is same version as u 4.33 and MYwi version is 4.0

    after I type those commande, still wifi icon isn't light up, but working internet and email

    everything. I hope u get this soon and make sure go to wifi config and forget networks whatever u connected before.


    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
  16. #176  
    thanks for posting that.
    quick question, is your 3GS the "2nd batch" or the first batch? mine is the first one before they changed the baseband and came out with the 2nd 3GS.
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    thanks for posting that.
    quick question, is your 3GS the "2nd batch" or the first batch? mine is the first one before they changed the baseband and came out with the 2nd 3GS.
    1st one, mmmm still doesn't work ?
  18. #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by 10ten92 View Post
    here u go my iphone is same version as u 4.33 and MYwi version is 4.0

    after I type those commande, still wifi icon isn't light up, but working internet and email

    everything. I hope u get this soon and make sure go to wifi config and forget networks whatever u connected before.


    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

    Hi,

    I am using 3GS with 4.2.1 (jb) and using MyWi 4.0. Can I know my HP touchpad can or cannot able work with access internet.... please help and explain the step as details.

    Regards,
    Kuen
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuen94 View Post
    Hi,

    I am using 3GS with 4.2.1 (jb) and using MyWi 4.0. Can I know my HP touchpad can or cannot able work with access internet.... please help and explain the step as details.

    Regards,
    Kuen
    He's already done that.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3153430

    Although it does not work with my 3GS still
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by 10ten92 View Post
    1st one, mmmm still doesn't work ?
    Still doesn't work at all. You are the only person out there that has said their 3GS works this way. Not sure what is going on =/
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions