Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    arrrgghhh ... no stable version of CM available for Droid 2 .
    Motorola Droid 2: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki
    NOTE: As of right now only nightly builds of CyanogenMod are available for the Motorola Droid 2. Please check the wiki or the forum for updates."

better off - i would have bricked the phone
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Open Garden in the Android Market works perfectly to tether. I use it at least 3 times a week. No issues.

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    can someone please verify if rooted Motorola Droid (original) with WiFi tether can work for TP? In "Change setup method" I see only 2 options: 1. Auto & 2. WEXT (ad-hoc). Does that mean Droid can't support infrastructure mode?

I tried various combinations with different channels, encryption/no-encryption, transmit power from none to highest, access control enabled/disabled, device profile from auto to generic and several other models. Nothing seems to work.
    follow these instructions: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3151589

it WILL work for ad-hoc only devices. i have a samsung moment 2.2 rooted which can only do ad-hoc and it worked. make sure you forget your current wifi network and keep wifi on while you run the commands
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealBeesley View Post
    Open Garden in the Android Market works perfectly to tether. I use it at least 3 times a week. No issues.
    please provide the phone you have, android version, and if the phone is rooted.

Quote Originally Posted by josh0875 View Post
    can someone please verify if rooted Motorola Droid (original) with WiFi tether can work for TP? In "Change setup method" I see only 2 options: 1. Auto & 2. WEXT (ad-hoc). Does that mean Droid can't support infrastructure mode?

I tried various combinations with different channels, encryption/no-encryption, transmit power from none to highest, access control enabled/disabled, device profile from auto to generic and several other models. Nothing seems to work.
    having the same issues. no go so far.
    da Gimp

Quote Originally Posted by 10ten92 View Post
    I managed to get the Touchpad to connect to my phone using JoikuSpot (ad-hoc wifi) on my phone using the following.

1) From preware download xecutah, xserver and xterm, these are in testing feeds, here is the link Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    2) Open Xecutah and tap on Xserver, this will launch a new card.
    3) Go back to Xecutah and tap on Xterm and go back to the XServer card which should now be a terminal.
    4) Type the following, replacing your-hotspot-name with whatever your phones wifi is called:
    iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid your-hotspot-name
    5) Type:
    dhclient eth0

Works perfect with Iphone 3gs MyWi TY !! confirmed no problem with internet, Email, appcatalog, preware everything Ty so much !!
    Works for me too on the same set up, although I had to change the namesever as per RattyDaves instructions.
    I managed to get the Touchpad to connect to my phone using JoikuSpot (ad-hoc wifi) on my phone using the following.

1) From preware download xecutah, xserver and xterm, these are in testing feeds, here is the link Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    3) Go back to Xecutah and tap on Xterm and go back to the XServer card which should now be a terminal.
    4) Type the following, replacing your-hotspot-name with whatever your phones wifi is called:
    5) Type:
    dhclient eth0

Works perfect with Iphone 3gs MyWi TY !! confirmed no problem with internet, Email, appcatalog, preware everything Ty so much !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    the information was already posted a couple weeks ago on post #67 in this thread
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3126420
    This post does not include the change to the nameservers.
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyDAVE View Post
    This post does not include the change to the nameservers.
    Thanks that was the bit that I didn't know and was the missing link I was after.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    i finally got it to work with my OG Droid 1 but the connection dies after about 30 seconds.
    How do you delete the stored profiles? I'm not in the area of the stored profiles any longer. I'm in settings > Wifi > ? Stored Profiles. I can see them, but can't delete them.
    NVM. I found out you just drag/swipe the name to the right then the delete option is displayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by 10ten92 View Post

5) Type:
    dhclient eth0

how come i cant find these programs on preware? They are for the touchpad
    right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgr8wun View Post
    how come i cant find these programs on preware? They are for the touchpad
    right?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3126420
    da Gimp

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gotwillk View Post
    i finally got it to work with my OG Droid 1 but the connection dies after about 30 seconds.
    how? Care to share settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyDAVE View Post
    I have managed to get basic web browsing working.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post3151589
    Adding DNS manually solved my issue with mobile hotspot and joikuspot on n900 It works. Just don't let it go to sleep hehe.
    finally got touchpad to see the xterm method and showing bound to 192.168.2.2 which is Joiku on my N8 but.......doesn't show in the wifi preferences pane as a network. If its just me and its not supposed to excuse my ignorance. But......no internet connection!!!! any ideas guys. This is the only thing stopping me from retiring my iPad1
    Quote Originally Posted by andymckay2001 View Post
    finally got touchpad to see the xterm method and showing bound to 192.168.2.2 which is Joiku on my N8 but.......doesn't show in the wifi preferences pane as a network. If its just me and its not supposed to excuse my ignorance. But......no internet connection!!!! any ideas guys. This is the only thing stopping me from retiring my iPad1
    Follow the instructions here

This only allows a direct connection to your ad-hoc device. It does not utilize the Wifi utility.
    Done all of those steps and when going to surf, I just get the no internet connection popup. Am using Joikuspot and the N8 if there are any other ideas
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gill_za View Post
    Adding DNS manually solved my issue with mobile hotspot and joikuspot on n900 It works. Just don't let it go to sleep hehe.
    Great ! can you elaborate steps on how you got the internet going using n900, I can only get the calls working but no internet.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast