Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 234
Like Tree12Likes
  1. bigred7078's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    What about people who have Iphone 3gs with 3.1.3 Jailbreak. Can they upgrade to 4? or 4.3.3 manually?
    No. The moment Apple releases a new update (4.3.5) the previous ones become unavailable unless you had updated to them in the past and saved the SHSH blobs when you did the jailbreak.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by snowwhitie View Post
    What about people who have Iphone 3gs with 3.1.3 Jailbreak. Can they upgrade to 4? or 4.3.3 manually?
    yes, i updated to 4.3.3 last week and re-jailbroke
    Jailbreak 4.3.3 Untethered iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 [Tutorial] - Jailbreak 4.3.5 / 5.1 / 4.3.1 / 4.3.2 / 4.3.3 / 4.3.4 iOS 5 Untethered - iPad 2 Jailbreak

    <staff edit>, then in itunes hold shift+click restore button. that allows you to choose a file. choose the 4.3.3 update you downloaded. voila, phone updated to 4.3.3, then jailbreak it.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/01/2011 at 04:05 PM. Reason: removed download link
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
    what do you mean you were able to make a phone call?
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3124209
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
  4. bigred7078's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    yes, i updated to 4.3.3 last week and re-jailbroke
    Jailbreak 4.3.3 Untethered iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, 3G, iPad Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 [Tutorial] - Jailbreak 4.3.5 / 5.1 / 4.3.1 / 4.3.2 / 4.3.3 / 4.3.4 iOS 5 Untethered - iPad 2 Jailbreak

    download 4.3.3 , then in itunes hold shift+click restore button. that allows you to choose a file. choose the 4.3.3 update you downloaded. voila, phone updated to 4.3.3, then jailbreak it.
    had you updated to 4.3.3 in the past?
  5. #65  
    Ad-Hoc Networking - WebOS Internals

    wait, if i do this on my touchpad will it work?! cause it seems like it will
  6. rsplatpc's Avatar
    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
       #66  
    here was my problem and fix if someone is reading the thread

    I have been playing around and doing a bunch of research as why I could not tether my jailbroken iPhone4 to my touchpad. I was running IOS 4.2.1

    I came to the conclusion that MiWi (and of course Tetherme) was not showing up when it was reported by some other users it was because I had not upgraded to 4.3.3 when Apple introduced the personal hotspot, I thought I was stuck being forced to upgrade to 4.3.5 with no current jailbreak available to make my touchpad see my hotspot if I wanted to

    After doing research I found that when you open Cydia at the very top of the screen on the home page in small font, it should list a bunch of IOS versions if you happened to click SAVE MY SHSH which Cydia prompted you to do on the home screen which it was doing for a while, I had a bunch of versions ranging from 4.0.1 - 4.3.5 which means I could put the firmware of any of those versions on my phone, I decided to do 4.3.3. because it has the personal hotspot and is supported by jailbreakme.com for a super easy jailbreak

    so to upgrade to 4.3.3 from 4.2.1 (or any as long as Cydia lists the IOS version at the top) do this, don't forget to do a backup first!

    Update iPhone 4 to iOS 4.3 while Preserving Old Baseband with TinyUmbrella | Jaxov

    then when you get the error after the restore almost completes, that IS TOTALLY EXPECTED and NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT, do this

    Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) to Exit iOS 4.3 Recovery Mode Loop | Jaxov

    ALSO NOTE when you do the above you might get another common error, it's listed in the instructions at the link above but just in case you see a

    "missing zlib1.dll error"

    it's totally fine and like I said the fix is in the steps, here they are anyway,

    "file link is in the weblink above this paragraph
    pdate#1: Some users reported that they are unable to use TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3 because of some missing zlib1.dll error. To fix this error, download zlib1.dll from here and place it in same directory in which fixrecovery43.exe is present."

    after that my iPhone booted, I restored it to the backup I did right before I started, went straight to jailbreakme.com, clicked FREE, it installed, I went to Cydia, downloaded PkgBackup, clicked restore, and had my iPhone exactly as it was before but at 4.3.3 with the personal hotspot available. note I have TetherMe and MyWi installed.

    anyway, this all took literally 10 minutes to do (way less then it took to type this but I hope I can help people in the same position I was) and after doing this and using the paid PkgBackup from Cydia, I have everything that was on my 4.2.1 iPhone, will all my data, apps, settings, jailbroken settings, etc was exactly how it was before and now both MiWi and TetherMe both show the network and work perfectly with the touchpad, I can use it anywhere!

    *note my paid PdaNet does not work in any mode at all, from hiding data with full security to not hiding data with ZERO security, only MiWi and TetherMe work*

    hope that helps anyone else in my situation!
  7. anig's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzagable View Post
    Ad-Hoc Networking - WebOS Internals

    wait, if i do this on my touchpad will it work?! cause it seems like it will
    I managed to get the Touchpad to connect to my phone using JoikuSpot (ad-hoc wifi) on my phone using the following.

    1) From preware download xecutah, xserver and xterm, these are in testing feeds, here is the link http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds
    2) Open Xecutah and tap on Xserver, this will launch a new card.
    3) Go back to Xecutah and tap on Xterm and go back to the XServer card which should now be a terminal.
    4) Type the following, replacing your-hotspot-name with whatever your phones wifi is called:
    iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid your-hotspot-name
    5) Type:
    dhclient eth0

    At this point the touchpad showed up as a client connected to my phone when I looked at the information in JoikuSpot. However, when I launched web and tried to go to a website it still said no network, so either there is one last step needed or there is something I need to do on my phone. Useful if some one else could try and see if they get the same error.

    Note If you have a wireless key then the add key your-key to the end of the iwconfig command. See here for more details http://www.ghacks.net/2009/04/14/con...-command-line/
    Last edited by anig; 09/02/2011 at 11:27 AM. Reason: added link for how to get testing feeds
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post
    I managed to get the Touchpad to connect to my phone using JoikuSpot (ad-hoc wifi) on my phone using the following.
    what phone and what OS version?
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
  9. anig's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    what phone and what OS version?
    Sony Ericsson Vivaz, symbian s60v5. But it should work with any ad-hoc wifi as these are the linux commands to connect to a wi-fi network. As I said the software on my phone showed that it was connected to the hotspot and if I typed iwconfig it showed that it was connected.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post
    I managed to get the Touchpad to connect to my phone using JoikuSpot (ad-hoc wifi) on my phone using the following.

    1) From preware download xecutah, xserver and xterm[...]
    Was going to try this to help confirm, but cannot find any of those in preware. I have the webOS internals feed enabled. Is there a feed I have to add manually to get those?
  11. anig's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by ski View Post
    Was going to try this to help confirm, but cannot find any of those in preware. I have the webOS internals feed enabled. Is there a feed I have to add manually to get those?
    Yes, sorry I forgot that I got them when I was trying Ubuntu which required testing feeds. Here is the link for how to get them

    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post
    Yes, sorry I forgot that I got them when I was trying Ubuntu which required testing feeds. Here is the link for how to get them

    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    This is what I got; never showed up on my wifi tether on my OG droid.



    Link: http://i.imgur.com/QliDx.jpg
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by anig View Post
    I managed to get the Touchpad to connect to my phone using JoikuSpot (ad-hoc wifi) on my phone using the following.

    1) From preware download xecutah, xserver and xterm, these are in testing feeds, here is the link Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    2) Open Xecutah and tap on Xserver, this will launch a new card.
    3) Go back to Xecutah and tap on Xterm and go back to the XServer card which should now be a terminal.
    4) Type the following, replacing your-hotspot-name with whatever your phones wifi is called:
    iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid your-hotspot-name
    5) Type:
    dhclient eth0

    At this point the touchpad showed up as a client connected to my phone when I looked at the information in JoikuSpot. However, when I launched web and tried to go to a website it still said no network, so either there is one last step needed or there is something I need to do on my phone. Useful if some one else could try and see if they get the same error.

    Note If you have a wireless key then the add key your-key to the end of the iwconfig command. See here for more details Connect to a wireless network via command line
    thanks that worked as describe! however i can't use the internet either. but at least its a step in the right direction!
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by ski View Post
    This is what I got; never showed up on my wifi tether on my OG droid.



    Link: http://i.imgur.com/QliDx.jpg
    you have to first "forget" the wifi your currently on, then with wifi turned on but not connected to anything run the commands. if done that way it'll show up on your phone
  15. #75  
    Using jailbroken iphone4, w/cydia & MyWi 4.0 as hotspot. Works great with my TP. Haven't tried ad hoc since hotspot is good enough..

    I will put everything to the test tomorrow as I drive to Cincinnati. I'm going to test tethered iPhone4 and streaming signal to my TP so I can watch college football while i'm taking a break from driving.
  16. #76  
    I'm attempting to make a car hotspot by sharing a 3g connection from Windows 7 3g laptop. I have successfully got the laptop share it's 3g connection with the lid closed and have other Windows computers connect to it as an adhoc hotspot.

    Unfortunatly is seems the Touchpad cannot see adhoc networks. Does anyone know of another way to make this work?
    timjhenry likes this.
  17. #77  
    <<threads merged>>
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    I'm very disappointed I can't tether my TouchPad with my iPhone. Does anyone think that there will ever be a hack for the TouchPad that will allow it to use adhoc?
    Get a pre2.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsplatpc View Post


    so to upgrade to 4.3.3 from 4.2.1 (or any as long as Cydia lists the IOS version at the top) do this, don't forget to do a backup first!

    Update iPhone 4 to iOS 4.3 while Preserving Old Baseband with TinyUmbrella | Jaxov

    then when you get the error after the restore almost completes, that IS TOTALLY EXPECTED and NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT, do this

    Download TinyUmbrella (Fix Recovery) to Exit iOS 4.3 Recovery Mode Loop | Jaxov

    ALSO NOTE when you do the above you might get another common error, it's listed in the instructions at the link above but just in case you see a

    "missing zlib1.dll error"

    it's totally fine and like I said the fix is in the steps, here they are anyway,

    "file link is in the weblink above this paragraph
    pdate#1: Some users reported that they are unable to use TinyUmbrella (FixRecovery) for iOS 4.3 because of some missing zlib1.dll error. To fix this error, download zlib1.dll from here and place it in same directory in which fixrecovery43.exe is present."

    after that my iPhone booted, I restored it to the backup I did right before I started, went straight to jailbreakme.com, clicked FREE, it installed, I went to Cydia, downloaded PkgBackup, clicked restore, and had my iPhone exactly as it was before but at 4.3.3 with the personal hotspot available. note I have TetherMe and MyWi installed.

    anyway, this all took literally 10 minutes to do (way less then it took to type this but I hope I can help people in the same position I was) and after doing this and using the paid PkgBackup from Cydia, I have everything that was on my 4.2.1 iPhone, will all my data, apps, settings, jailbroken settings, etc was exactly how it was before and now both MiWi and TetherMe both show the network and work perfectly with the touchpad, I can use it anywhere!

    *note my paid PdaNet does not work in any mode at all, from hiding data with full security to not hiding data with ZERO security, only MiWi and TetherMe work*

    hope that helps anyone else in my situation!
    Thank you very much for posting this. You motivated me to finally upgrade my ANCIENT iPhone 4 w/ iOS 4.0 jailbreak! I'm on 4.3.3 now and TetherMe works great over wifi with my touchpad. Thanks again for the help.

    I'm going to a conference next week and would much rather tether to my iPhone than pay for hotel internet. Seriously, the more expensive the hotel, the more likely they'll charge for wifi. Ridiculous.
    Last edited by UCLAKoolman; 09/03/2011 at 04:52 AM.
  20. #80  
    today is a new day! any devs out there that can re-enable ad-hoc for us?
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions