Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Hey all, I am running IOS 4.2.1 with Jailbreak, I have tried using paid versions of PDANET and MYWI in every conceivable configuration, reboots, etc and my touchpad never sees the network, I can't upgrade to 4.3.5 or I will lose my jailbreak, for those that ARE able to tether with iPhone4, are you running IOS 4.3.3? I think when they made factory tethering available that might be when the touchpad starts seeing MyWI? Or if anyone can help or suggest something that would be great!
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Find an alternative that can create a 'normal' wifi access point. The built-in wifi hotspot feature in Gingerbread works great. Use it all the time to provide internet to my TP.
    WebOS Devices: Palm Pre-, HP Touchpad
    Android: HTC G1, HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    807 Global Posts
    I dl'ed the wireless tether beta for my dx found on DroidLife..seemingly, it produces a hotspot - my TouchPad can see it and link to it..however, when I go to open a web page - the progress bar gets a 3rd of the way, sits there, and then it gives me a 'no internet connection' message.

I'm assuming the problem lies on the touchpad's side of things?

my DX is running the latest version of gingerbread also..how'd you get it to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwil85 View Post
    I dl'ed the wireless tether beta for my dx found on DroidLife..seemingly, it produces a hotspot - my TouchPad can see it and link to it..however, when I go to open a web page - the progress bar gets a 3rd of the way, sits there, and then it gives me a 'no internet connection' message.

I'm assuming the problem lies on the touchpad's side of things?

my DX is running the latest version of gingerbread also..how'd you get it to work?
    If your droid has built in tether, use that.
    is wireless tether beta set to Droid X?
    sorry I was commenting to an iphone post earlier
    Quote Originally Posted by rsplatpc View Post
    Hey all, I am running IOS 4.2.1 with Jailbreak, I have tried using paid versions of PDANET and MYWI in every conceivable configuration, reboots, etc and my touchpad never sees the network, I can't upgrade to 4.3.5 or I will lose my jailbreak, for those that ARE able to tether with iPhone4, are you running IOS 4.3.3? I think when they made factory tethering available that might be when the touchpad starts seeing MyWI? Or if anyone can help or suggest something that would be great!
    I'm using an iPhone 4 on firmware 4.3.3 jailbroken and I confirm the Touchpad is working with Tetherme installed. I am currently using my iPhone 4 tethered to my touchpad to write this post. PDAnet did not work for me so I went into Cydia and installed Tetherme.
    Anyone have a solution to tether TouchPad with A S60v3 Symbian phone?

I have looked at JoikuSpot, but it seems Symbian hot spot is only ad-hoc mode

And TouchPad appears not to support BlueTooth DUN/PAN profiles?

Any help please
    My Touchpad connects to my Nexus One (Android 2.3.4) in hotspot mode with no issues.
    I had some problems with this as well. My T-Mobile LG G2x with CyanogenMOD 7 worked right off the bat. My dad has a Verizon Samsung Droid Charge and it wouldn't work until I installed GummyCHARGED ROM and a beta of Wifi Tether (3.1 beta 6) from this link:

Downloads - android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting

I had to change some stuff specifically for Samsung (Device Profile - Samsung Fascinate, Setup Method - Softap for Samsung) to get it to work.

Maybe that'll help some Android phone users with a Touchpad to get Wifi Hotspot/Tethering to work.
    JoikuSpot on Nokia N8 creates ad hoc network
    NO Go with TP!

I read this - http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Ad-Hoc_Networking

How do you do this?

To enable: iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid pre

and

Then, bring the WiFi card up using:

/usr/sbin/wifidriver -i

What app do you use for this?
    Last edited by zz000ter; 09/01/2011 at 10:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bedrock View Post
    Anyone have a solution to tether TouchPad with A S60v3 Symbian phone?
    I have looked at JoikuSpot, but it seems Symbian hot spot is only ad-hoc mode
    And TouchPad appears not to support BlueTooth DUN/PAN profiles?
    I am stuck in the same situation as you with my Nokia N8
    I have unlimited mobile data but I can't use it because TP does not connect to N8
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    MyWi 4.0 works fine for me using the WiFi Hotspot.
    Do you have 4.3.3 or higher?

What I think is anyone that has firmware before 4.3.3 came out and introduced the "personal hotspot" in the Iphone>settings>general>network menu (mine just shows "internet tethering" not "personal hotspot", if they have firmware before that the touchpad does not see the hotspot, and it sucks because we cant update to 4.3.3 we have to update to 4.3.5 which does not have jailbreak
    Looks like 4.3.3 is still available here: redmondpie.com/download-ios-4.3.3-for-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-direct-links/
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Can anyone get tethering to work with a iPhone running 4.2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    3GS here 4.3.3
    i cannot get mywi, pdanet, or anything to work.
    from cydia make sure you have this

sb Settings
    sbsettingstoggles

then swipe your finger across top bar and the settings comes down
    then choose more
    set toggles
    and mywi is there make sure its turned on

after all this reboot the Iphone use the power option on sb settings

then wifi should work ad hot spot

gl

all else fails go to modmyI they can help you more

Let me know how this works for ya
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneelbeforezod View Post
    Looks like 4.3.3 is still available here: redmondpie.com/download-ios-4.3.3-for-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-direct-links/
    According to people here Downgrade 4.3.5 to 4.2.1 then upgrade to 4.3.3? - MacRumors Forums you can't unless you have previously downloaded 4.3.3. But I could be reading that wrong.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigred7078 View Post
    According to people here Downgrade 4.3.5 to 4.2.1 then upgrade to 4.3.3? - MacRumors Forums you can't unless you have previously downloaded 4.3.3. But I could be reading that wrong.
    that is correct from what I've been told, if you had 4.3.3 and went to 4.3.5 you can downgrade but if you never had 4.3.3 (like me) then you can only upgrade to 4.3.5 and not be able to downgrade, or to jailbreak as there is none for 4.3.5
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rsplatpc View Post
    that is correct from what I've been told, if you had 4.3.3 and went to 4.3.5 you can downgrade but if you never had 4.3.3 (like me) then you can only upgrade to 4.3.5 and not be able to downgrade, or to jailbreak as there is none for 4.3.5
    Correct. After reading further, if you have never saved your SHSH blobs when you upgraded you cannont revert back to a previous update. Further, like you said, if you have never updated then you are out of luck
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    holy moley! i just paired with my iphone 3GS 4.3.3 and was able to make a phonecall!

*edit finally! got my internet to tether. used TetherMe from cydia (jailbroken) and finally got it to share the internet after pairing touchpad and iphone via bluetooth.
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3124209
    what do you mean you were able to make a phone call?
    What about people who have Iphone 3gs with 3.1.3 Jailbreak. Can they upgrade to 4? or 4.3.3 manually?
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast