Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Any solutions for 3GS owners? Tetherme only works via WiFi on iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by greatkingbowser View Post
    Any solutions for 3GS owners? Tetherme only works via WiFi on iPhone 4s
    I to have the 3gs I think that is difference in why some people are getting mywi to work. I haven't seen a 3gs owner that was able to get it to work. Can anyone verify this please?
    i want to tether my touchpad to my phone but i can't because it won't accept ad-hoc connections. any knowledge of a patch being worked on?
    Confused on what you want to do. Tether means to use the phone to provide an internet connection. Ad-hoc is a peer to peer connection to share files.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knucklehead View Post
    Confused on what you want to do. Tether means to use the phone to provide an internet connection. Ad-hoc is a peer to peer connection to share files.
    I believe he wants a solution (Patch)to tether a phone that uses ad hoc (ex OG Droid) to tether to his Touchpad (Does not support ad-hoc).
    Quote Originally Posted by yoda View Post
    I believe he wants a solution (Patch)to tether a phone that uses ad hoc (ex OG Droid) to tether to his Touchpad (Does not support ad-hoc).
    exactly!
    3GS here 4.3.3
    i cannot get mywi, pdanet, or anything to work.
    Last edited by Rescuer; 08/31/2011 at 11:22 AM.
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    3GS here
    i cannot get mywi, pdanet, or anything to work.
    Iphone 4 here - cant get PDANet, mywi, or tetherme to work either. However laptop sees mywi and pdanet
    MyWi 4.0, iPhone 4 (4.3.3) at&t, tethering working great
    A patch to enable ad-hoc networking on webos would be great
    Dis and zouloux like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by gill_za View Post
    A patch to enable ad-hoc networking on webos would be great
    yes, and i hope it comes VERY soon!
    this thing is a brick to me with no internet when out and about

hopefully it's not too difficult for a dev to do
    Last edited by Rescuer; 08/31/2011 at 11:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    yes, and i hope it comes VERY soon!
    this thing is a brick to me with no internet when out and about
    Didn't you read the thread? This is a positive FEATURE that you can't connect to ad-hoc.
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Didn't you read the thread? This is a positive FEATURE that you can't connect to ad-hoc.
    Smells like sarcasm...

I followed the link to Ad-hoc networking, wifidriver file does not exit in the folder that command is pointing too, also looking for it through the entire / yeilded no results. I don't mind turning it on using command line but would be great is someone could amend the command for touchpad.
    well i have a microscopic amount of knowledge when it comes to this stuff, but does anyone know where the files are that deal with wifi? maybe i can tinker with them and get something out of it.
    How is it a positive feature?
    jeeze, jump on my back why don't you. and to accuse me of not reading the thread

putting as a patch means it gives US THE OPTION to add it back in to be used in tethering.

THIS IS A POSITIVE THING AND IT'S YOUR OWN OPTION TO DO SO.

JEEZE
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Isnt ATT cracking down on jailbroken tethering???

I know its old, but the process would be the same.
    How AT&T Recognizes Unauthorized Tethering from Jailbroken iPhones

I have an Iphone 4, and want to jailbreak it for the sole reason of using the tethering option. so let me know if they are cracking down or not. thanks
    Last edited by ac921ol; 08/31/2011 at 12:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
    Isnt ATT cracking down on jailbroken tethering???

I know its old, but the process would be the same.
    How AT&T Recognizes Unauthorized Tethering from Jailbroken iPhones
    T-mobile doesn't. Besides, you are already paying for internet access, does it matter what device you are accessing it from????
    Last edited by gill_za; 08/31/2011 at 12:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    From Intelliborn (maker's of MyWi):

"Can MyWi 4.0 create an Infrastructure network instead of Ad-Hoc?

Yes. This works only for the iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.6+ (Verizon iPhone or GSM 4.3+). The limitation is due to the Broadcom firmware running on the iPhone 4 vs other iOS firmwares/devices (in other words, requires an update from Apple to work on other devices)."

I bought MyWy and it's worked well for me, but I hear that it uses the different tethering APN of the iPhone, instead of the iPhone's own data plan APN. This is an easy way for AT&T to know you are tethering. TetherMe, which is $5, uses the same APN as the iPhone, so AT&T will have a more difficult time determining if you are tethering. If MyWi isn't updated to match, I may be forced to spend the $5. So far I've yet to get the dreaded AT&T letter, but I also try to minimize my tethering usage...
    With the latest PDANet vesion there is an option to hide it from att - the tether looks like regular cell data rather than going thru the different APN for internet data.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast