Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
Like Tree12Likes
    I tried the suggested settings (created a script) but can only connect to my phone running WMWifiRouter on Touch Pro 2 only if my pc is connected to it. If I disconnect PC it will drop my touchpad as well. It won't see the touchpad at all without PC connected. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!! my touchpad connects to my iphone 3GS 4.3.3 hotspot with pdanet!!!!!!
    in case you guys follow the "android port" stuff, cm7 got released. the install literally took only a couple minutes and was super easy.

anyway, android cm7 has adhoc enabled. so i was able to connect to my 3GS's pdanet hotspot
    Rescuer,

I have done the same thing and ad-hoc is supported but I cannot get it to connect with WEP (TP in andriod just says it is getting an IP address but never does). Works fine with without WEP but I do not want to run that way. Have you gotten WEP to work. If so, please give details. If not, do you know if this is a hardware limitation of the touchpad or is there some hope that this will eventually support WEP.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!! my touchpad connects to my iphone 3GS 4.3.3 hotspot with pdanet!!!!!!
    in case you guys follow the "android port" stuff, cm7 got released. the install literally took only a couple minutes and was super easy.

anyway, android cm7 has adhoc enabled. so i was able to connect to my 3GS's pdanet hotspot
    I have a 3GS on 4.3.3.

So you are saying the only way I can get my TP to recognize the hotspot is to run the Android port and make it dual boot system, running it on Android?

No one else has found a way to defeat the ad hoc firewall sh&t HP installed in WebOS.
    Theres no patch being done right now to enable Ad-Hoc? I have a 3gs that i want to tether to my touchpad

the Cm7? is there a final build now?!?!? if so link? or are you talking about the Alpha 2?
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/3204684-post95.html

Bedrock is doing some great work. Check out the above
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    ^^^Interesting.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skymann View Post

Bedrock is doing some great work. Check out the above
    too bad it doesn't work for me. not sure if its because 3.0.4 broke it or what. i'm using a Droid 1 to tether and it will recognize the TP when it connects but no actual data is going through. i've tried OpenGarden wifi and Barnacle with different settings and it still doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by cldavis3 View Post
    Rescuer,

I have done the same thing and ad-hoc is supported but I cannot get it to connect with WEP (TP in andriod just says it is getting an IP address but never does). Works fine with without WEP but I do not want to run that way. Have you gotten WEP to work. If so, please give details. If not, do you know if this is a hardware limitation of the touchpad or is there some hope that this will eventually support WEP.
    I have not tried WEP. but those kinda questions should go over to the Android touchpad forums. not sure if i'm allowed to post the link, but google Rootz Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Heist View Post
    I have a 3GS on 4.3.3.

So you are saying the only way I can get my TP to recognize the hotspot is to run the Android port and make it dual boot system, running it on Android?
    I'm not saying it's the only way
    All i said was that i installed cm7 as it got released, and it happens to have ad-hoc support, which allows me to finally connect to my iphones hotspots from pdanet/etc.

anything about cm7 tho should head over to Rootz Wiki forums for support there.
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I stumbled on this link:

It offers an IPK that can be installed using preware or webos-quick-install. I did not write this, all credit to the actual author (maintaining credit to the author is one reason why i'm linking to the post rather than directly to the file)

This works for me: my touchpad is able to connect to the ad-hoc wifi access point created on my mobile phone. ?Here are the steps I have followed:
    1. Install preware (google it if you don't know how)
    2. run preware once, answer 'yes' when asked if you'd like to setup filetype associations (this allows preware to install IPK files you download via the standard browser on your device)
    3. follow the link provided above on your device - it displays a forum post with a direct link to the IPK file that you want to install
    4. copy and paste the direct IPK link into your touchpad browser's address bar and press enter
    5. preware will open up and offer to install the IPK, follow the very simple and short installation procedure it offers.
    6. reboot the touchpad (not certain this is needed, but i did this so i'm including it in my directions)
    7. TURN OFF YOUR WIFI on the touchpad - as i understand it, if the normal wifi control mechanism thinks it is in charge of your wifi settings, it will prevent the ad-hoc app from doing its job
    8. launch 'Ad-Hoc', a new app that was installed using preware in step 5
    9. enter in the SSID (name of your ad-hoc access point) and some valid DNS servers (i used google's public primary and secondary, 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 respectively)
    10. on your mobile phone, fire up your access point software (i used Joikuspot on my Nokia E7)
    11. when the access point is ready and the touchpad wifi is OFF, press 'start ad-hoc' in the 'Ad-Hoc' app on your touchpad.
    12. the 'Ad-Hoc' app reports the IP address you've got once you've connected. for me it took about 3/4 of a second. Joikuspot on my E7 (the 3G->wifi app i used) also beeps once indicating a connected user.
    13. profit! you're now online!

The big caveat: i don't see any way to enable wifi security features on the touchpad using this 'Ad-Hoc' enabler. that's ok, since to the best of my knowledge only WEP is supported by the ad-hoc 3G->WiFi mobile phone softwares, and WEP is so weak you might as well leave it turned off.

I for one am EXTREMELY grateful for the work done to get this feature running, and i'm so excited i'm posting this exact message in response to a number of unsatisfied requests for Ad-Hoc support on the touchpad.

-bit
    gettoraj likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bitflung View Post
    I stumbled on this link:

It offers an IPK that can be installed using preware or webos-quick-install. I did not write this, all credit to the actual author (maintaining credit to the author is one reason why i'm linking to the post rather than directly to the file)

This works for me: my touchpad is able to connect to the ad-hoc wifi access point created on my mobile phone. ?Here are the steps I have followed:
    1. Install preware (google it if you don't know how)
    2. run preware once, answer 'yes' when asked if you'd like to setup filetype associations (this allows preware to install IPK files you download via the standard browser on your device)
    3. follow the link provided above on your device - it displays a forum post with a direct link to the IPK file that you want to install
    4. copy and paste the direct IPK link into your touchpad browser's address bar and press enter
    5. preware will open up and offer to install the IPK, follow the very simple and short installation procedure it offers.
    6. reboot the touchpad (not certain this is needed, but i did this so i'm including it in my directions)
    7. TURN OFF YOUR WIFI on the touchpad - as i understand it, if the normal wifi control mechanism thinks it is in charge of your wifi settings, it will prevent the ad-hoc app from doing its job
    8. launch 'Ad-Hoc', a new app that was installed using preware in step 5
    9. enter in the SSID (name of your ad-hoc access point) and some valid DNS servers (i used google's public primary and secondary, 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4 respectively)
    10. on your mobile phone, fire up your access point software (i used Joikuspot on my Nokia E7)
    11. when the access point is ready and the touchpad wifi is OFF, press 'start ad-hoc' in the 'Ad-Hoc' app on your touchpad.
    12. the 'Ad-Hoc' app reports the IP address you've got once you've connected. for me it took about 3/4 of a second. Joikuspot on my E7 (the 3G->wifi app i used) also beeps once indicating a connected user.
    13. profit! you're now online!

The big caveat: i don't see any way to enable wifi security features on the touchpad using this 'Ad-Hoc' enabler. that's ok, since to the best of my knowledge only WEP is supported by the ad-hoc 3G->WiFi mobile phone softwares, and WEP is so weak you might as well leave it turned off.

I for one am EXTREMELY grateful for the work done to get this feature running, and i'm so excited i'm posting this exact message in response to a number of unsatisfied requests for Ad-Hoc support on the touchpad.

-bit
    I wish this worked for me. I followed all directions completely and nothing. I tried wifi barnacle and wifi tethering from my sprint epic 4g touch. I need this touchpad working.
    3GS here 4.3.3
    i cannot get mywi, pdanet, or anything to work.
    I have a droid with Android Version 2.2.2 and build FRG83G (Verizon).

Can this phone be made to tether the HP Touchpad?

I am willing to unlock, modify whatever this thing to get it to work.

I have read alot of this forum and others and I am unsure if it can be made to work.

I would appreciate a clear answer to this question
    Finally I have an Adhoc connection on my Android HTC Eris that only support Adhoc connections.

I followed bitflung steps and installed the patch and it worked. I used wirelesstether_2.0.5-pre10 as this is the only version of wirelessthether that will work with my Eris.

Thanks so much Bedrock, you just brought my TP to life on the road or the water.
    Last edited by santinog; 11/03/2011 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by powergator View Post
    I have a droid with Android Version 2.2.2 and build FRG83G (Verizon).

Can this phone be made to tether the HP Touchpad?

I am willing to unlock, modify whatever this thing to get it to work.

I have read alot of this forum and others and I am unsure if it can be made to work.

I would appreciate a clear answer to this question
    I have a Droid with CM7 and I can use Bedrock's IPK with bitflung's instructions, but only for about a minute. I ran getprop on the terminal to get the correct DNS numbers for my device. It ain't much but it's definitely a step in the right direction. I've read elsewhere that the short connection time is a prevalent issue that needs to be hashed out. Big ups to Bedrock.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112