Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 234
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #181  
    [QUOTE=10ten92;3153430]I managed to get the Touchpad to connect to my phone using JoikuSpot (ad-hoc wifi) on my phone using the following.

    1) From preware download xecutah, xserver and xterm, these are in testing feeds, here is the link Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    2) Open Xecutah and tap on Xserver, this will launch a new card.
    3) Go back to Xecutah and tap on Xterm and go back to the XServer card which should now be a terminal.
    4) Type the following, replacing your-hotspot-name with whatever your phones wifi is called:
    iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid your-hotspot-name
    5) Type:
    dhclient eth0





    I refer your step to configure my 3GS + (pdaNet +MyWI both tested), the result of finally is not work..

    this is my step, please clarify of me:

    1) turn on WiFi on TP
    2) Open Xecutah and tap on Xserver, this will launch a new card.
    3) Go back to Xecutah and tap on Xterm and go back to the XServer card which should now be a terminal.
    4) command: iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid <your-hotspot-name>
    5) command: dhclient eth0



    show the command result:
    No DHCPOFFERS received
    No working leases in persistent database - sleeping ..

    What wrong of my command on above....
  2. #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by gill_za View Post
    I have n900 with power kernel 48 and latest CSSU.
    Installed mobile hotspot (and joikuspot if you wish)
    in the mobile hotspot:
    I have exactly the same phone and configuration with latest power kernel and CSSU. Mobile hotspot does not work for some reason. Going to try it again.

    Edit: just installed JoikuSpot. My laptop connects just fine to it. Touchpad still cannot discover DHCP.
    Last edited by arcticrobot; 09/20/2011 at 12:40 PM.
    When I bought my Maemo-linux powered N900, its future was doomed.
    When I bought my WebOS powered Touchpad, its future was uncertain.
    IAmA multitasking necrophile!
  3. #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Earlier in this thread is was stated The touch pad does NOT work with an ad Hoc network (if u wan the details, please reread, i dont recall them) Find a Non-adhoc mode. I believe to was STOP or HTOP , or something along those lines, in the wifi setting. If HTC diamond is an Dnroid phone, i would suggest you down.load beta of WifiTehter (again, link in this thread)
    Hmm sorry but I think you misunderstood me, of course I know Ad-hoc is not natively supported but unless I'm wrong, the method described in this thread is to help tethering in wifi ad-hoc mode. So, as I stated in my original reply, this method is not working for me. My Diamond 2 is a WinMo 6.5. I can connect to the hotspot, but it won't conenct to the inet. Thing is I don't know if this is a DNS matter (i tried some others but it won't change anything), a port map matter or something else :/
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by 10ten92 View Post
    I managed to get the Touchpad to connect to my phone using JoikuSpot (ad-hoc wifi) on my phone using the following.

    1) From preware download xecutah, xserver and xterm, these are in testing feeds, here is the link Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    2) Open Xecutah and tap on Xserver, this will launch a new card.
    3) Go back to Xecutah and tap on Xterm and go back to the XServer card which should now be a terminal.
    4) Type the following, replacing your-hotspot-name with whatever your phones wifi is called:
    iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid your-hotspot-name
    5) Type:
    dhclient eth0


    Works perfect with Iphone 3gs MyWi TY !! confirmed no problem with internet, Email, appcatalog, preware everything Ty so much !!
    wow, i FINALLY got it to work on my iphone 3GS 4.3.3 with mywi 4.0

    there is a HUGE reason it wouldn't work before and it's because your instructions (as well as others) is missing a key step BEFORE your steps 1-5

    I found this thread at XDA from two weeks ago
    [webOS] [GUIDE] Connect to an Ad-Hoc Network - xda-developers

    Look at their step 1....

    1. Disconnect any current wifi connections and delete all stored Wifi profiles: Navigate to Settings > Wifi > Stored Profiles, Swipe/drag stored profile to right or the left and select delete. Keep the Wifi turned on.
    2. Configure your wifi hotspot on your phone to have all lower case ssid with no encryption/password.
    3. Launch Preware and find and install Xecutah. This should automatically install xserver and xterm.
    4. Launch Xecutah. Start Xserver. Navigate back to Xecutah and Start Xterm. Now go back to the Xserver window. You should now have a green command prompt.
    5. In Xterm/Xserver input the following commands:
    5a. iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid WIFINAME
    5b. dhclient eth0
    5c. echo nameserver 8.8.8.8 >> /etc/resolv.conf
    5d. echo nameserver 8.8.4.4 >> /etc/resolv.conf



    that step 1 was KEY to getting it to work. other people said to "forget your network", which didn't solve the issue. the true key was going to the Stored Profiles located at the top left in the wifi settings, and deleting every single profile there. once i did that, it finally connected to my iphone.

    internet browsing works, but for some reason the maps program doesn't.

    *edit
    just got it working with PDAnet too which is better since it has the "hide usage" option.

    screenshot of pda net showing it connected


    Last edited by Rescuer; 09/22/2011 at 11:58 AM.
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
  5. #185  
    Hi to all,
    I have tried many things to connect my iPhone 4 to the TP. Nothing works.
    But i have finally found !
    Regarding the former post, just before mine, you have to forget all the wifi connection you made. You must do it on the TP AND on the iphone.
    I was doing it only on the TP and i didn't get to have internet working on the TP.

    So, you follow instructions and it works for me.
    My configuration is : iphone 4 4.2.1 Jailbroken + MyWi 4.0
  6. #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    wow, i FINALLY got it to work on my iphone 3GS 4.3.3 with mywi 4.0

    there is a HUGE reason it wouldn't work before and it's because your instructions (as well as others) is missing a key step BEFORE your steps 1-5

    I found this thread at XDA from two weeks ago
    [webOS] [GUIDE] Connect to an Ad-Hoc Network - xda-developers

    Look at their step 1....

    1. Disconnect any current wifi connections and delete all stored Wifi profiles: Navigate to Settings > Wifi > Stored Profiles, Swipe/drag stored profile to right or the left and select delete. Keep the Wifi turned on.
    2. Configure your wifi hotspot on your phone to have all lower case ssid with no encryption/password.
    3. Launch Preware and find and install Xecutah. This should automatically install xserver and xterm.
    4. Launch Xecutah. Start Xserver. Navigate back to Xecutah and Start Xterm. Now go back to the Xserver window. You should now have a green command prompt.
    5. In Xterm/Xserver input the following commands:
    5a. iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid WIFINAME
    5b. dhclient eth0
    5c. echo nameserver 8.8.8.8 >> /etc/resolv.conf
    5d. echo nameserver 8.8.4.4 >> /etc/resolv.conf



    that step 1 was KEY to getting it to work. other people said to "forget your network", which didn't solve the issue. the true key was going to the Stored Profiles located at the top left in the wifi settings, and deleting every single profile there. once i did that, it finally connected to my iphone.

    internet browsing works, but for some reason the maps program doesn't.

    *edit
    just got it working with PDAnet too which is better since it has the "hide usage" option.

    screenshot of pda net showing it connected


    can't load the pictures..

    Touchpad is quite difficult to delete any store wifi profiles...
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by kuen94 View Post
    Touchpad is quite difficult to delete any store wifi profiles...
    not sure what you mean. it was quite easy.

    go to wifi preferences, then click the thing on the top left, and click stored profiles

    then swipe and hit delete button for each one.

    took me 20 seconds or so.
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by 10ten92 View Post
    here u go my iphone is same version as u 4.33 and MYwi version is 4.0

    after I type those commande, still wifi icon isn't light up, but working internet and email

    everything. I hope u get this soon and make sure go to wifi config and forget networks whatever u connected before.


    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting


    Many people here, told u guys to do the step of forget networks on tp
  9. #189  
    I used my mum's iPhone 4 hotspot to setup my TouchPad.
  10. #190  
    I'm on 3GS 4.0.1 and it works going by Rescuers instructions.

    But its too much of a hassle having to type that all in every time and would like to have some security on at least WEP. Anyone come up with a profile we can just select.

    If you get Onavo on you iPhones you can lower your data usage.
  11. #191  
    I use Connectify » Your Hotspot, Your Way it's not ad-hoc (it can be) but I plug my RJ-45 in and broadcast it over my wi-fi.. touchpad connects without a problem
  12. #192  
    I'm on iPhone 3G (wifi-chip firmware is limited to ad-hoc ap mode only) and i can establish a connection between phone and TP, but i almost always get the 'no internet connection' popup when i try to use the built in browser. Sometimes (1 out of 10) the connection works - for a few seconds, just enough to load the google page one time - then it still is bound to my phone's ip but stalls - the popup is coming.
    Trying 'Advanced Browser' gives even worse results. iPhone+TP connected, no popup this time, but still zero data delivered. AB seems to load...and load...and load...forever.

    iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2.1 JB
    MYWI 4.0 / PdaNet 5.0.2

    Yes, i'm sure i followed the instructions.
    Wifi profiles deleted,
    tried modprobe ar6000 and/or ifconfing eth0 up prior to step 5,
    tried wlan0 instead of eth0,
    and the nameserver change: echo nameserver X.X.X.X >> /etc/resolv.conf did NOT change the nameserver entries in my resolv.conf file, at least not permanently. I even figured how to use vi to edit my resolv.conf file manually. Tried Google and my providers nameservers.

    Still not working longer than a few seconds. Input anyone?
    Last edited by KarlBart; 09/24/2011 at 07:26 AM.
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by 10ten92 View Post
    Many people here, told u guys to do the step of forget networks on tp
    forgetting the network and deleting the stored profiles are two different things and both must be done, not just the first one...

    that is how i was able to get it to work on my iphone 3GS. too many people said to just forget the networks and that was not enough.
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by daz123 View Post
    I'm on 3GS 4.0.1 and it works going by Rescuers instructions.

    But its too much of a hassle having to type that all in every time and would like to have some security on at least WEP. Anyone come up with a profile we can just select.

    If you get Onavo on you iPhones you can lower your data usage.
    still hoping a dev will make a patch we can just apply via preware to re-enable adhoc so we can just connect like normal ;/
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
  15. #195  
    thanks rescuer for linking that article, that helped me a bunch in trying to get connected to my phone.

    Now the remaining hurdle is convincing the touchpad that it has a network connection so that I can use the messaging app and the vpn app. Without the touchpad "knowing" that it is connected to a wireless network, those apps can't be used.
  16. #196  
    Works great on my T-Mobile 4G connection.

    MyTouch4G
    Royal Ginger 3.0 ROM (based on the CM7 ASOP ROM)
    Built-in wi-fi tether program
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
  17. #197  
    I have a droid running on gingerbread that I can connect to. And the internet works for about a minute. Enough to open the browser and get a page or two in and then after that it stops working and I get "Error : No internet connection."

    I try to rerun my wifi script and it doesn't reconnect. Anyone run into this?
  18. #198  
    please release a patch for my touchBrick
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
  19. gotwillk's Avatar
    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    #199  
    so there is still no definitive fix/patch for this huh?
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by gotwillk View Post
    so there is still no definitive fix/patch for this huh?
    nope
    Touchpad, webOS 3.0.2, f15c eagle 1.728GHz
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 jailbroken
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions