1.    #1  
    Has anyone else noticed the screen lifting a little by the home button and the camera?

It seems to be worse by the button, and it gives some when I push it down, but it lifts back up when I let go.

Anybody else seen this? If so, is there a fix? I know the ifixit site has a teardown, looking for a fix. I have gadget OCD.
    I just got my 32gb today and my screen is lifting around the edges and where the micro usb plugs into. Wouldn't mind knowing how to fix this; feels kinda fragile in its current state
    the build quality on these is quite poor.

i noticed lifting on my 16gb screen some days ago.
    on one side of the screen (the side with the volume buttons) the screen sits flush with the body of the TP.

on all other sides you can see and feel that the screen does not sit flush (to varying degrees).
    it's frustrating to say the least, but after seeing the tear down pics of the TP, the screen seems to be attached quite well.
    i doubt it will fall out without a little help.

also, once you feel that your screen is not flush with the body of the TP, you can't un-feel it.
    you'll notice it every time you pick the bloody thing up.

you will however only see that it is not flush if you hold it up to eye level and examine it closely.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    WOW I have two of these both different manufacturing dates one a 16gb and one a 32gb
    and I have none of the issues
    I doubt it would be a issue at all (as long as no one actively tries prying it apart, and even then they would probably need tools)... have you considered getting a case for it? (the 'folio' kind that should cover most of the bezel and the whole back, with a flip-around front cover; it may be $20-30 and it will protect the TP and keep you from feeling the slight edge, as well as make it slightly easier to hold or prop-up)

BTW I have the screen 'lifting' ever so slightly on the speaker side, but it is a non-issue
    Tablet PC: HP 2730p [all the goodies: 2 slice batteries, slim dock, Intel X18-m 160GB, 8GB ram, ect...] | Toshiba Tecra M4 [Crucial M4 64GB SSD, 2GB ram, ect...]
    entertainment tablet: HP touchpad 32GB -sold it, it just doesn't cut the mustard-
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by je1117 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed the screen lifting a little by the home button and the camera?

It seems to be worse by the button, and it gives some when I push it down, but it lifts back up when I let go.

Anybody else seen this? If so, is there a fix? I know the ifixit site has a teardown, looking for a fix. I have gadget OCD.
    I'm thinking about trying to fix it myself. It looks like it needs to be pryed open and reseated. I already have a piece of dust behind my screen. Need to get it out now. Check on amazon or ebay for soft plastic pry tools if you're up for the task. The screen is the only thing connected to that side of the tablet so there will be only 2 ribbons to disconnect.
    It is ironic to read all these comments from people having the exact same issues I have read about with the iPad. Once something sells in large volumes, you are bound to hear about a few of the lemons that made it through QA checks. Fortunately, my 32 gb TP is absolutely perfect in both the hardware and software areas. It is a real joy to use. It's unfortunate that a few bad ones make it to consumers. And what's worse, it's not like you can take your TP back and get a new one in replacement.