Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By geegolly#WN
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Tried searching for something similar, but did not have any luck. I am one of the many new TouchPad owners, and I just noticed there is a strip on my screen about 3/4" by maybe 5 or 6 inches that is non-responsive (in the middle, not at an edge). If I touch it there, it will show me touching it higher or lower depending on which side I'm closer to. I tried to use a paint app to show what I am talking about, and it does for the most part, but it often just connects the two edges, so there are some lines that will run through the area. If someone has a better paint program (free) to try other than Simple Paint Free, I will get a screen shot to show it.

Is this something that a hard reset might fix? Does this erase my data, and if so, is there something to try that won't erase what I've done to it so far? Also, it has been taken care of, and nothing has been pushed very hard there or dropped on it to cause it. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    sounds like hardware the digitizer may be messed up

I would do warranty with HP
  3. k1l
    yes, that sounds like a hardware issue.
    Settings > device info > Menu at top left corner > diagnostics > touch sensors > follow instructions

My screen is dead in about the same area as you described. After about 30 minutes with hp webos web chat they scheduled my tablet to be sent in for repair.
    morydees likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by geegolly View Post
    Settings > device info > Menu at top left corner > diagnostics > touch sensors > follow instructions

My screen is dead in about the same area as you described. After about 30 minutes with hp webos web chat they scheduled my tablet to be sent in for repair.
    Very handy. I hadn't realized there was a Diagnostics section hidden in that upper menu.
    New owner here too. I had the very same problem, although mine was intermittent. I really thought I had caused it at first by adding preware and other tweaks. I ended up doing a full secure wipe and a reset through webos Dr. Neither worked. Just sent it back to HP yesterday for repairs.
    Yes, I too, have had issues with my TouchPad (TP) touchscreen. Thanks for posting your issue.

On my TP, sometimes I can tap an app to start it in a vertical direction while others require me to shift the TP to the horizontal position. Pretty irritating. I can't even play Angry Birds...

At first, I thought it was my screen protector that I placed on it. So, I took it off. That didn't make a difference even after I rebooted several times. I also wasn't sure if some PreWare patches caused this issue too.

So, now my next step is to write HP for technical help. Ugh...
    Got my touchpad. But there seems to be an issue.
    The right 1/4th part of the screen seems to bit of having calibration issues. It is like the launcher icon needs to be clicked on bit left side than the actual icon to make it work.
    Similarly when using the on screen keyboard, the keys Backspace, enter are really tough to use, they either work by clicking on left most part of that key and that too only after multiple attempts.
    What can i do ? Any solution ?

Can anyone tell me how do i contact HP ?