Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    1. Is it possible to install a Chinese language version on this?

    2. Is there a way to close apps in one step? Right now I have to minimize the app and then swipe the app to the top.

    3. Sometimes when I click a link on the browser it opens up in a new window. How do I prevent that?

    4. Are there any free apps that I can use to test the video camera?

    Thanks.
  2. mrdmc's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #2  
    I can't answer the first 3 questions, but I can the last one... I donwloaded DigiCamera Lite, and you can use it to look at the video camera (and captire screen shots too!)
  3. #3  
    I'm not much help for #1/#3 but:

    #2: Last time I asked about this I was told that no, this is the only way to close. Unless someone has written something new...

    #4: I can echo that DigiCamera Lite works great.

    As for #3, I too would LOVE to know how to stop new web windows from opening. If I could force new tabs only in regular/advanced browser it'd be great.
  4. #4  
    1. I read somewhere in the forums about adding languages, have you tried a search in the forums? Maybe there is one

    2.this is the only way to close the app still best way I know compared to all other OS's

    3. I couldn't tell you this yet, let me get my touchpad and I'll let you know

    4. I hear camera for touchpad is also pretty good.
    _____________________________________________
    Please excuse my grammar,i may be using a virtual keyboard or I just am in a rush.

    >i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    _____________________________________________
    Eclipse Software
    Head Developer
    Apps for Windows Phone 7 / webOS (coming soon)
  5. JeffPom's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #5  
    Wouldn't #3 have more to do with the websites programming? Sometimes when I click a link on a desktop/laptop - it opens a new window too (or a new tab.) Since we don't have tabbed browsing... I can only assume it's going to automatically open a new window.
  6. #6  
    chaoz,

    Not sure if you've figured this out or not, but you can use a swipe up gesture from the bottom bezel onto the screen to minimize an app. From there you use the same gesture to throw it off the screen to close. It's still two actions, but if you have been pushing the button then this might help you out.

    welcome to the webOS community

    -tears
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffPom View Post
    Wouldn't #3 have more to do with the websites programming? Sometimes when I click a link on a desktop/laptop - it opens a new window too (or a new tab.) Since we don't have tabbed browsing... I can only assume it's going to automatically open a new window.
    With the advanced browser we do have tabbed browsing so the hope is that like regular desktop browsers, we can force any new windows to dump to a tab instead.

    That does not appear to be the case as of yet though but things are changing fast with all this new interest/development
  8.    #8  
    How do I get the advanced browser? If it's in preware, what's it under?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoz- View Post
    How do I get the advanced browser? If it's in preware, what's it under?
    EDIT: apparently I got lucky and got it for free off the Preware feeds before it was pulled. Sorry guys, but it's definitely worth the $2 from the HP app store!

    Open Preware and tap the magnifying glass/search thing on the upper right and type in "Advanced". It should be towards the bottom of the search results.
    Last edited by morydees; 08/28/2011 at 08:40 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    Open Preware and tap the magnifying glass/search thing on the upper right and type in "Advanced". It should be towards the bottom of the search results.
    I don't see any browsers listed.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoz- View Post
    I don't see any browsers listed.
    Advanced Browser isn't in Preware, it is a paid app from the App Catalog and it costs $2.
    I am, therefore I think
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoz- View Post
    I don't see any browsers listed.
    Did you search like I said rather than search under Browsers?

    Quote Originally Posted by clayclay350 View Post
    Advanced Browser isn't in Preware, it is a paid app from the App Catalog and it costs $2.
    EDIT: apparently I got lucky and got it for free off the Preware feeds before it was pulled. Sorry guys, but it's definitely worth the $2!

    It may be there but you can get it free in Preware. Here's a screenshot of me going into Preware, hitting the Search Icon and typing in "Advanced Browser". I then installed it for free and LOVE it.

    http://i.imgur.com/p0H15.png
    Last edited by morydees; 08/28/2011 at 08:39 PM.
  13. #13  
    I typed in advanced browser but I get nothing. Do I have to turn on some other feed?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    I typed in advanced browser but I get nothing. Do I have to turn on some other feed?
    Bummer, I'm not sure why I see it and some of you can't. I just went through the entire "New Touchpad Owner" guide that's floating around here and now when I search it in Preware it shows right up.

    Wish I could be of more help
  15. #15  
    you are seeing it in Preware because you must have purchased it from the App Catalog. Preware sees all of your installed Packages
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by indivisibletears View Post
    you are seeing it in Preware because you must have purchased it from the App Catalog. Preware sees all of your installed Packages
    I have not purchased ANY software for this Touchpad in the slightest. I have never once entered any payment information or tied it to any other account.

    I don't know what else to say. Is it possible I got it from a standalone .IPK file and somehow Preware shows it? Seems strange to me but that's the only possibility I can think of.

    Regardless of how one gets it, it's worth it.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by indivisibletears View Post
    chaoz,

    Not sure if you've figured this out or not, but you can use a swipe up gesture from the bottom bezel onto the screen to minimize an app. From there you use the same gesture to throw it off the screen to close. It's still two actions, but if you have been pushing the button then this might help you out.

    welcome to the webOS community

    -tears
    Just to reiterate this. The button is annoying, you don't really need it.
  18. Judman13's Avatar
    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by morydees View Post
    I have not purchased ANY software for this Touchpad in the slightest. I have never once entered any payment information or tied it to any other account.

    I don't know what else to say. Is it possible I got it from a standalone .IPK file and somehow Preware shows it? Seems strange to me but that's the only possibility I can think of.

    Regardless of how one gets it, it's worth it.
    You installed it with preware before it was taken off the feeds. That's why there is the little green circle with the down arrow.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Judman13 View Post
    You installed it with preware before it was taken off the feeds. That's why there is the little green circle with the down arrow.
    Interesting, I didn't know that was possible but thanks for explaining it! I guess I got lucky.

    I'll update my original post.

Posting Permissions