Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By plariers
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys. Just got a Touchpad. I tried to import my Pre plus's data to the Touchpad, but it's hung at 70 percent. It's been hung for over twenty minutes now.

What's the best way to get around this? I'm more than fine with not having that data, but I don't want to interrupt a system process and brick/mess up the device.

Thanks for any advice.
    tobeaman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by plariers View Post
    Hey guys. Just got a Touchpad. I tried to import my Pre plus's data to the Touchpad, but it's hung at 70 percent. It's been hung for over twenty minutes now.

What's the best way to get around this? I'm more than fine with not having that data, but I don't want to interrupt a system process and brick/mess up the device.

Thanks for any advice.
    Same question here. Mine's "stuck" at about 30% for over 20 minutes now.
    Had the same issue... this is what I did

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...data-help.html
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post

Laoh - Thanks so much for the link. Unfortunately, mine hasn't given me an error message... it's just sitting there as if it's stalled out. As a result, there doesn't seem to be any logical way to "stop" the restore process. Also, even if I'm successful at getting out of the restore process, how can I be sure that I'll be able to get back to the screen with the restore option in order to be able to choose the "skip" option? How did you go from the error to signing in again??

Thanks again for your response.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobeaman View Post
    Laoh - Thanks so much for the link. Unfortunately, mine hasn't given me an error message... it's just sitting there as if it's stalled out. As a result, there doesn't seem to be any logical way to "stop" the restore process. Also, even if I'm successful at getting out of the restore process, how can I be sure that I'll be able to get back to the screen with the restore option in order to be able to choose the "skip" option? How did you go from the error to signing in again??

Thanks again for your response.
    Hmm... ok, the problems are a bit different then. But when you sign in initially and it asks you to either create a new profile or use an existing one, after you enter in the credential of your existing profile, doesn't it give you an option to "restore" or "skip"? I just selected skip.

Hmm... ok, the problems are a bit different then. But when you sign in initially and it asks you to either create a new profile or use an existing one, after you enter in the credential of your existing profile, doesn't it give you an option to "restore" or "skip"? I just selected skip.
    Yes... it did... and I chose "Restore". So it started to restore, and has been stuck at about 30% ever since. I just don't know how to stop it in a way that ensures I'll be able to get back to the "restore or skip" decision point. It's just sitting here doing nothing at about 30% 'restoring' progress. I'm afraid if I manually kill the process I'll screw something up (that is, if I could even figure out how to manually kill the process).
    Well I ended up just doing a force re-boot (Power+Home), which automatically sent it back through the beginning set up screens. Then I chose to "skip" the restore process, which is OK since I was more concerned about my apps than about my user data. One thing I forgot though... your accounts are considered part of the user data. So even though it re-downloaded all my apps, I still had to manually re-add my email/calendar/contacts accounts, but that's no big deal since I have all my contacts info in my gmail account, and adding accounts is pretty quick and painless. Anyways... moving on to homebrew goodness next.