Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I have only owned the TP for a few days but this thing is very unstable. At first I was excited about an Android port, but honestly, if this OS gets stable, I will be sticking to the WebOS...I think it is superior.

I turned off all the excessive logging and things have improved but honestly...this thing is pretty useless if the random reboot issues don't get resolved one way or another. I don't mind tweaking things (actually enjoy doing that part!) but the OS should be way more stable than this.

I bought this from Best Buy (yep...firesale) and it looks like you can't take it back to them for repair/warranty. Now I will have to pay to ship it to HP...probably won't see it for a month or two and may not get a replacement so not sure what I will do yet.

thoughts?
    What version of the operating system are you using?
    Global Posts
    7,241 Global Posts
    I am not experiencing what you are.

but have you tried backing it up, and runnin webOS doctor and making sure you OS is the most up to date, also doing a full device reset might help as well.

your issues are most likely software, and not hardware.
    all my rebooting issues went away with 3.0.2. adding the performance patches and overclocking with uberkernal made a huge speed difference as well.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I updated to the latest OS the 2nd day I had it and still reboots. I have not updated it via the webOS doctor but wanted to understand more about why this is happening before I did that. Guess that is the next step. Do I lose all of my settings and apps?

Are there instructions on how to perform this?

Thanks guys