Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By noobftw
  • 2 Post By ceejay83
  • 1 Post By omullins
  1.    #1  
    ;-) just thought I would find out what type of usage you guys are putting ur touchpads 2, and what you think of it, it would also be great 2 hear what webOS newcomers think of the touchpad/webos..........
    have you overclocked your touchpad and what patches are you using
    Flatso likes this.
    Not new to webOS but its been a minute, have had a few android phones in between.

i'm using all the recommended patches to speed up this lil beast, including the 1.5ghz OC and Govnah. I really love this thing, i use it primarily for web browsing, flash content, reading the news and a few 2 player games like air hockey and tanked. My gf is stoked cuz of how nice angry birds plays. I just wish someone could make a patch or fix for gameloft game graphics not to come up all white making the games unplayable (i doubt a patch could fix it tho )

I'm gunna try a mock draft for fantasy football on yahoo in the next couple days, i hope it works, that would be siiick.

So far, for $99, I will not sell it just to make a few bucks. I'm keeping this hardware giant in hopes of further development of webOS apps and/or the port of Android.

The browser really is top notch, only issue i've came across is it won't load one of my fav websites which ends in .eu
    Mine is downloading 3.02, I haven't had a chance to check out the patches, the first one I'll do is the glass effects!! I love Garrett. If I were 20 years younger and 200 lbs lighter, I'd offer to bear his children. Seriously. I know he didn't create the patch, but he kept it going.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I use my TP in meetings and classes to take notes. I am using tapnote, but I also sometimes just use it to read my book [pdf] I love to play games and I love how good it sounds when playing music.

Overall, if they fix the memory leak thing and the audio bug, it'll be awesome.

There is a bug where it won't display inline docs on blackboard. I can see them on my ipad. weird.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noobftw View Post
    help me I can't put my touchpad down
    If you spend too much time with your touchpad and can't put it down then I would say its time to find a girlfriend to have some fun with
    Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    If you spend too much time with your touchpad and can't put it down then I would say its time to find a girlfriend to have some fun with
    i don't get into fights, buy things, talk, open things, or do chores for my touchpad. win
    Dionte and Eigan like this.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    read PDF Medical Material ( Kaplan other)
    Read news
    Surf to this site
    Surf to other sites
    Read email
    So far

Yes I have the free Tap note
    I have the patches
    I have Kalem video and I can play AVIs on it
    Music on it too
    Pictures to show people

I feel its pretty useful
    Global Posts
    1,006 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Mine is downloading 3.02, I haven't had a chance to check out the patches, the first one I'll do is the glass effects!! I love Garrett. If I were 20 years younger and 200 lbs lighter, I'd offer to bear his children. Seriously. I know he didn't create the patch, but he kept it going.
    Where is these patches at? I just got me a Tp as well. I was going to sell it. But I'm highly thinking against it, the more I play with it.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    When tablets started getting popular, I thought I'd never have a use for one. Later I thought having one would be perfect for reading comics, but could never justify paying so much for just that. I entertained the idea of the Touchpad during the $300 deal at Staples but still couldn't seem to justify that. When it reached 100 bucks I absolutely couldn't say no.

I've had my Touchpad since Thursday and haven't put it down either! I have been reading comics, browsing the web like crazy, and even playing Machinarium on the go! I lovelovelove it. I really hope there are still great things to come for the Touchpad. I find myself not too bothered by the smaller number of apps because the browser IS great, but I'm still looking forward to a few things (Netflix and document editing like the whole rest of the crowd lol).
    Sukiyaki likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobftw View Post
    ;-) just thought I would find out what type of usage you guys are putting ur touchpads 2, and what you think of it, it would also be great 2 hear what webOS newcomers think of the touchpad/webos..........
    have you overclocked your touchpad and what patches are you using
    I feel ya....can't wait until I close up the shop and get back to tinkerin'
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Web browsing
    News
    Weather
    Sports(Can't wait for football season to REALLY start)
    PRE|CENTRAL
    Games

My laptop is collecting dust.
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Quote Originally Posted by pirarre View Post
    Where is these patches at? I just got me a Tp as well. I was going to sell it. But I'm highly thinking against it, the more I play with it.
    It's under the prethemer feeds in preware and webos qi, for some reason I couldn't get it to install from QI. The only one is the black one right now. Last time, Garrett in all his awesomeness made a blue one. Make sure you use the one that says "touchpad" the other ones are for phones.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ect-suite.html

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-launcher.html

This is what the blue looked like on the phone:
    http://forums.precentral.net/2741180-post39.html

I also did the patch so that it says "Make It So" instead of "just type". When calendar opens it's to the month view. I unhid the dev mode icon. Did the advance rest options so I get an option to reset and not just shut down. Removed the clear bookmark button. I haven't lost any book marks but I've read enough to know it's trouble. Did the reduce minimum brightness since I want to use this to read. I did the muffle system logging and remove dropped packet logging that is supposed to speed it up. And I had set the logs to minimal earlier. I'm going to see what forms of books I can download from my local libray next since I have preader and it scales full screen on touchpad.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.