1.    #1  
    Well I just opened my brand new Touchpad and looks like the screen is defective right out of the box. Does anyone know *** is going on? Is this fixable? It's hard to explain what is happening so I posted a youtube clip of what it looks like:

Please let me know what to do aaaarg!
    I have not seen that problem before. It may be defective. HP's warranty is in full effect.

Before you give up on it. Try a hard reset. Press the power button and the home button at the same time and hold them for about 15 seconds. Hopefully you will see an HP logo in center screen that you can read.
    That definitely looks like a hardware issue with the device and not a software issue. Contact HP directly and get them involved. Other members have reported being able to get devices swapped during this 'fire-sale'.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I have not seen that problem before. It may be defective. HP's warranty is in full effect.

Before you give up on it. Try a hard reset. Press the power button and the home button at the same time and hold them for about 15 seconds. Hopefully you will see an HP logo in center screen that you can read.
    Tried your suggestion... made it worst lol. Now the Touchpad only shows very faint verticle white lines and nothing else . I can turn up/down the volume and hear that the OS is working in the background though. I think my screen is fried. Sigh.

Contacting support now. I hope I can get it swapped out at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by plnguyen View Post
    Tried your suggestion... made it worst lol. Now the Touchpad only shows very faint verticle white lines and nothing else . I can turn up/down the volume and hear that the OS is working in the background though. I think my screen is fried. Sigh.

Contacting support now. I hope I can get it swapped out at least.
    Sorry about that. Some members have reported that they are being sent replacement units for other reasons.
  6. k1l
    That looks like a Hardware failure. Either smth like the Panel or the cables are broken. Maybe some Transport Issue.
    just wanted to know what happened to your touchpad... i have almost the same problem and was told they can do an exchange but i will be getting a refurbished unit.. feel kinda cheated because regardless if it was on sale or not, i should get a brand new one.. but kinda sucks they wont be releasing any of the brand new ones anytime soon.. any thoughts?