Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been trying to stream episodes on CBS.com but they are stating, "The video you have requested is either unavailable or is being blocked by an ad blocker installed in your browser."

I do not have ad blocker or max blocker installed. Is there anything I can do to make it work. I'm a new owner of the touchpad and I have updated and installed preware and patches. It's running faster but I want to watch cbs.com
    the video flood HD app works for CBS. It's well worth the price
    Quote Originally Posted by peteism View Post
    I've been trying to stream episodes on CBS.com but they are stating, "The video you have requested is either unavailable or is being blocked by an ad blocker installed in your browser."

I do not have ad blocker or max blocker installed. Is there anything I can do to make it work. I'm a new owner of the touchpad and I have updated and installed preware and patches. It's running faster but I want to watch cbs.com
    Make -sure- you dont have adblock or max blocker installed.

Delete cache and cookies in the browser.

Reboot

CBS.com should now work .
    Hi, I have tried everything - no ad blockers installed, reboots, cache/cookies cleared and still get that message from cbs.com. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
    I had the same problem, but figured out how to get rid of the problem.
    May I assume you had Max Blocker installed before deleting it again?
    If so, this will may help you:

1.) Clear your entire browser history... at least thrice!
    2.) Open Preware
    3.) Select "Installed Packages"
    4.) Select "Unknown"
    5.) Delete "This is a webOS application" (it will return, so don't worry)
    6.) Shut off your Wireless LAN connection
    7.) Turn off your TouchPad completely
    8.) Wait for a couple of minutes, then start it again
    9.) Get connected again and enjoy CBS's videos

I don't know why, but this made the error go away...
    Hulu patch should fix it.

It fixed ESPN3 for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demotic View Post
    Hulu patch should fix it.

It fixed ESPN3 for me.
    I'm using stock webOS and don't use preware or any patches...and videos on espn3.com show up fine. Granted there are times I get the spinning circle waiting for the video to play but most of the time it works. Used it recently to watch a college football game.
    Thanks for all the feedback. I followed the procedure exactly and still get the same message. Maddening :-(
    I tried the Hulupatch also...thanks but no go...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tealthy1 View Post
    I tried the Hulupatch also...thanks but no go...
    Do you have link on where to get hulu patch and how to apply it?
    This should point you in the right direction: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-hulu-fix.html
    OK...Figured it out! It seems the uninstall of ad blocker failed to remove all of the entries it put into the hosts file. Once I restored the original hosts file, cbs.com works!
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    OK...Figured it out! It seems the uninstall of ad blocker failed to remove all of the entries it put into the hosts file. Once I restored the original hosts file, cbs.com works!
    How do you restore the original hosts file?
    In the WebOS quick install tool, under the tools drop down choose Linux Commandline to get a terminal server connection to your touchpad (needless to say your PC and touchpad must be connected via USB). Then just navigate to the etc directory and you will see you host files. In my case I moved the webos hosts.orig to hosts...
    In the WebOS quick install tool, under the tools drop down choose Linux Commandline to get a terminal server connection to your touchpad (needless to say your PC and touchpad must be connected via USB). Then just navigate to the etc directory and you will see you host files. In my case I moved the webos hosts.orig to hosts...
    Can we do this from internalz pro?

Thanks.
    Doesn't look like it...No rename/move option, just copy....
    Doesn't look like it...No rename/move option, just copy....
    I think you can rename a file. Look up the "info" on the file and you can retype the new name at the top.
    Wonder if this will fix tvland.com. I get the error message "Sorry, this video is unavailable from your location." I'm in the US, so it should work.
    Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    Can you give a little more detail on how to do this? I'm not as IT savvy as you guys.
    0.) Connect TouchPad with PC
    1.) Open webOS Quickinstall (the program on your PC which you used to install Preware)
    2.) Under "Tools", choose "Linux Commandline")
    3.) Type in "cd /etc" (without quotation marks, of course)
    4.) Type in "ls" to see the contents of the directory
    5.) Now delete the HOST files (every file that begins with the word HOST
    "rm FILENAME.EXTENSION (not all HOST files have EXTENSIONS!)
    6.) Type in "exit" when done deleting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast