1.    #1  
    Hi - finally scored a TP this morning.

I'm just getting through the initial setup. I'm at a point where I create a user profile. I already have a Palm Profile so chose the option to restore that but at about 90% mark, I get "Error Restoring Data". Does anyone know what's causing this? I have an active Pre-.

Also, do I or should I restore data from my existing profile or should I just create a new profile? Does it matter? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I just got mine last night, and I restored data from my profile. I did not have the same issue as you, I am sorry to learn you are having problems.

The upside to using your existing profile is apps you bought for/installed on your Pre will restore to your Touchpad. So you can go either way I suppose.

Though I did not have the same issue as you, when my restoration was complete, I had a dozen or more apps that failed to download, I had to download them individually.

Hope you get things working soon.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    I have not heard of that error.

I am using the same profile on both my Pre 2 and my TouchPad because it initially gave me access to a lot of the apps from the Pre 2 on the TouchPad. (Of course, most of the older apps are mojo and not optimized for the TouchPad.) If you don't need access to those older apps, you could try a new profile to see if that fixes your error.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks you two. I decided I want to keep the devices linked to one profile so kept trying. I signed into my Palm Profile account online and saw TP was already listed even though the restore failed. So I signed into TP using the existing profile but skipped the restoration process (it's ok, I'm not gonna miss anything from Pre). Was able to login fine. Now all the patching begins...

Edit - even though I skipped the restoration process (but still linked to my existing Palm profile), I noticed b/c of my previous restoration attempt, the apps I had in my Pre showed up on the Touchpad.
    Last edited by laoh; 08/27/2011 at 10:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by laoh View Post
    Thanks you two. I decided I want to keep the devices linked to one profile so kept trying. I signed into my Palm Profile account online and saw TP was already listed even though the restore failed. So I signed into TP using the existing profile but skipped the restoration process (it's ok, I'm not gonna miss anything from Pre). Was able to login fine. Now all the patching begins...

Edit - even though I skipped the restoration process (but still linked to my existing Palm profile), I noticed b/c of my previous restoration attempt, the apps I had in my Pre showed up on the Touchpad.

For anyone wanting more info on this, particularly if your TP appears to be hanging on "Restoring Data", but isn't giving you an error, or there's no other logical way to "end" the restore process, please also see the exchange between Laoh and me at http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ring-data.html.

-tobeaman