Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Many have reported that PDK apps that were originally written for the older versions of webOS that run on the phones were no longer working when installed on the TouchPad. A bug was found that improperly configured a key file. The bug was attributed to the way the last app catalog version handles installs. HP indicated they were working on the problem.

Well, I woke up to a new version of the app catalog this morning and installed it. I then removed and reinstalled the game N.O.V.A., and lo and behold it now works properly again. Good job webOS team for such a fast implementation fix and good job webOS community for identifying the root cause!
    UPDATE: OK, I discovered that the app catalog update was for 5.0.1600. That update actually came out a while ago. So my new TouchPads did not automatically get that update even though I had updated to webOS to 3.0.2. The software manager did not notify me of an update until this morning, 4 days after I activated my newly arrived TouchPad. So my timeline was off, but the root cause and fix are still applicable.
    Last edited by rlopin; 08/27/2011 at 08:51 AM.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers