Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    Lots of people are reporting all kinds of problems with their new firesale tp. I'm just wondering whether those who bought the tp prior to any discount or firesale were having problems. In other words is it just non-tech noobies who dont know what they are doing having the issues or is it the fact that now that there is a much larger user base because of the firesale that problems with the device and hp quality control or lack thereof are starting to show up? Any ideas?
    How about you wait until your get your TouchPad, use it for yourself and see if you get those issues, so you can answer your own question?

You're more than welcome to return it afterwards and spend your $99 on more accessories for your beloved iPad 2.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I've played with touchpad before and after firesale. No problems. Honestly most of the time people will post if they have issues, but won't if there are none. I bet most people have no issues.
  4. k1l
    either alot user who got one only got it because its 99bugs cheap and they dont know to handle it, or they got one because its cheap and now try to play the uber_dev but have no clue at all fiddeling at things they shouldnt.
    rexalbel likes this.
    A whole lot of inventory got dumped at one time. Between user errors and actual problems with the machines, you're going to see them all coming out at once.

Also, people go find forums for help when they're having trouble. Most people who buy one and have no trouble getting their e-mail, web and Angry Birds aren't going to seek out forums to say "Everything's great!" Do you buy a new TV or dishwasher and then seek out forums to let everyone know that you're NOT having any problems with it?

Forums aren't a good indicator of what you're asking because it's a skewed sample.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nychotxxx View Post
    Lots of people are reporting all kinds of problems with their new firesale tp. I'm just wondering whether those who bought the tp prior to any discount or firesale were having problems. In other words is it just non-tech noobies who dont know what they are doing having the issues or is it the fact that now that there is a much larger user base because of the firesale that problems with the device and hp quality control or lack thereof are starting to show up? Any ideas?
    I think its a valid question but we must take a deep breath here

Most of these "Non Noob Techies" are not true Techies.

Some of us have programed in the past and understand fixing things and tweaking.

The popular belief is if you own an Apple product and young you are a techie

LOL uh yeah

I programmed DOS and had a i086 and even a Timex Sinclair back in the DAY

I worked on anything from a Commadore 64 to an Artari PC and a TR(A)S(H) 80 (Radio shack)

I had a 286 and a 386 and a 486 then the Pentiums

Palm devices Palm OS's

Iphones first to Iphone 4 (May be my last Apple product)

as much as I know these guys around here know more about WebOs

its new to me

I think the problem is people do not want to take time to learn the new system and think it will and should work like IOS, thats pretty arrogant I think and people need to chill and read and learn

there's nothing wrong with different

HP was not prepared for all these TP online SINCE AS IN THE ARTICLE ( read it? ) that the stupid CEO already closed the whole division for TouchPad

Yes all the nice people who were developing this wonderful device were sacked

so HP sucks

Pre central Rocks! HP should refer people here!
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post

You're more than welcome to return it afterwards and spend your $99 on more accessories for your beloved iPad 2.
    the ipad isn't the end all tablet out there. there are plenty of awesome android ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    the ipad isn't the end all tablet out there. there are plenty of awesome android ones.
    Which cost the same as iPad. Sorry but as a webOS fan with an Android phone and no programming experience, I would go for the iPad any day. I do not have a Honeycomb tablet but I have played around with some and personally for me it's either iPad or webOS. If it was about a phone this would change but except from Transformer and the Iconia I can't see any reason you would want Xoom or SG 10.1

And as for the OP, I don't face any problems with my TP and that's because I didn't try to change it. I only updated it to 3.0.2 and installed preware. None of these two can harm the TP .

People start complaining because they do not know how to fix their TP and they didn't take the time to learn some basic things before trying to O/C and tweaking it.
    I have an opinion, but since you didn't ask for an opinion, I will keep it to myself.

Now, please stop trolling by asking leading negative questions.

PS: I decided to give you my opinion anyway: Operator error whether geek wanna be or tech master can occur because of the level of user access to the operating system and the specific steps that have to be followed. Palm/webOS products are not plug & play black boxes. Users can tweak them at a very basic operating system level. Many of the issues I have seen recently are fixable, but the new user doesn't have the skills or desire to research the issue and apply the solution. I attribute the reason my first TP broke to a newly discovered hardware issue on of one my computers three USB ports. It's connectivity to the computer appears to be intermittent, like the solder joint is partially broken to the computer circuit board. Bad things can happen when accessing a USB drive and the connection is interrupted.
    ap3604 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by viper151 View Post
    Which cost the same as iPad. Sorry but as a webOS fan with an Android phone and no programming experience, I would go for the iPad any day. I do not have a Honeycomb tablet but I have played around with some and personally for me it's either iPad or webOS. If it was about a phone this would change but except from Transformer and the Iconia I can't see any reason you would want Xoom or SG 10.1

And as for the OP, I don't face any problems with my TP and that's because I didn't try to change it. I only updated it to 3.0.2 and installed preware. None of these two can harm the TP .

People start complaining because they do not know how to fix their TP and they didn't take the time to learn some basic things before trying to O/C and tweaking it.
    You want a Great UI with Google services and want the app support an ipad has. By your logic than for me its only Honeycomb and the ipad (if were figuring usability)
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    You want a Great UI with Google services and want the app support an ipad has. By your logic than for me its only Honeycomb and the ipad (if were figuring usability)
    [offtopic]
    Usability is Honeycomb? Ok sure.. Since you do not like my opinion obviously read this article from Kincaid First Impressions Using Android Honeycomb, Google's iPad Rival | TechCrunch who's no iOS fan.

If Google decides to integrate their cloud services NATIVELY to Honeycomb I'm in for it. But at the moment I see no picasa integration and iCloud is knocking the door.
    [/offtopic]
    [offtopic]
    Usability is Honeycomb? Ok sure.. Since you do not like my opinion obviously read this article from Kincaid First Impressions Using Android Honeycomb, Google's iPad Rival | TechCrunch who's no iOS fan.

If Google decides to integrate their cloud services NATIVELY to Honeycomb I'm in for it. But at the moment I see no picasa integration and iCloud is knocking the door.
    [/offtopic]
    The Google + app is native and works through Picassa. I only use Google + for the picture hosting Cloud storage. As faras usability goes tommorow i could go buy an ipad or honeycomb tablet and they would fit my needs.

Edit Documents (its coming to the playbook...but when)
    Evernote for school notes
    Read Magazines through Zinio
    Play MMO's through star legends, pocket legends, or order and chaos
    Read Comics through comixology
    Go and use Maps for GPS
    Pulse News
    Photoshop express for light editing when not at home

Also I happen to use icloud and google music so getting my music on either of those two would be a one step login process.
    Quote Originally Posted by shingi_70 View Post
    The Google + app is native and works through Picassa. I only use Google + for the picture hosting Cloud storage. As faras usability goes tommorow i could go buy an ipad or honeycomb tablet and they would fit my needs.

Edit Documents (its coming to the playbook...but when)
    Evernote for school notes
    Read Magazines through Zinio
    Play MMO's through star legends, pocket legends, or order and chaos
    Read Comics through comixology
    Go and use Maps for GPS
    Pulse News
    Photoshop express for light editing when not at home

Also I happen to use icloud and google music so getting my music on either of those two would be a one step login process.
    Natively means embedded into the Android. I have to send my picture to my email in order to get them while my gf in less than a month will have to do nothing to get them on her pc. She will just have to take pictures and they will automatically appear to her pc/ipad/iphone
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    Android fails so far.........

The hardware is still catching up to the HP Touchpad and Ipad

Honestly I tried a few android and was not impressed with them

I hope the hardware manufactures can catch up before Christmas and get Android out there more, I do not want the market IPAD only
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    [offtopic]

[/offtopic]
    I don't think its off topic, ANdroid port to the HP Touch PAD would not only make it better but I hope another Manufacture picks up on HP's design, its pretty good hardware that deserves more of a life.

I would of expected touchPad 2 by next year, lighter more storage (64 and 128gb) rear camera, maybe a normal USB port? HDMI?
    Let's get back on topic. This thread is about TouchPads and it is in a TouchPad forum. If you wish to discuss tablets on other platforms, please visit the Other Platforms forum or visit one of our sister sites. Thanks.
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    I don't think its off topic, ANdroid port to the HP Touch PAD would not only make it better but I hope another Manufacture picks up on HP's design, its pretty good hardware that deserves more of a life.

I would of expected touchPad 2 by next year, lighter more storage (64 and 128gb) rear camera, maybe a normal USB port? HDMI?
    inductive charging is nice, but the tp is heavy and does not feel like 400 dollars. Especially after fiddling with galaxy tab, transformer, and iPad. Best thing is utilizing the bezel for gestures, but then they cut themselves off at the knees by limiting them to "swipe up from.." gestures.
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    inductive charging is nice, but the tp is heavy and does not feel like 400 dollars. Especially after fiddling with galaxy tab, transformer, and iPad. Best thing is utilizing the bezel for gestures, but then they cut themselves off at the knees by limiting them to "swipe up from.." gestures.
    I'm still shocked that HP didn't Redesign the touchpad when they saw the ipad 2 and in a month Samsung comes out with a new design for the Galaxy Tab.

I thought the shape in size worked well as it was supposed to be simlar to the stone shaped pre phones and have a cool association.
    I can confirm (from my end anyways) that there are not so much issues, as much as there are a few minor 'bugs'(ie: Things that need some polishing at the edges), but that is it. And once you get the Touchpad humming along, you will have a hard time living without the multi-tasking, quick shortcuts, and simply great OS that WebOS is! And that's before tweaking it with patches, the uber kernel, apps, which is where things are really flying!

And it keeps getting better from there with the continued development and patches/ ect...
    Tablet PC: HP 2730p [all the goodies: 2 slice batteries, slim dock, Intel X18-m 160GB, 8GB ram, ect...] | Toshiba Tecra M4 [Crucial M4 64GB SSD, 2GB ram, ect...]
    entertainment tablet: HP touchpad 32GB -sold it, it just doesn't cut the mustard-
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Most problems I have seen in this forum are related to people not updating to the newest WebOS update, hardware failure, or just not reading any of the stickies.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast