Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post
    inductive charging is nice, but the tp is heavy and does not feel like 400 dollars. Especially after fiddling with galaxy tab, transformer, and iPad. Best thing is utilizing the bezel for gestures, but then they cut themselves off at the knees by limiting them to "swipe up from.." gestures.

I keep reading these posts "Does not feel like its worth it"" It feels cheap"

Tell me a touch pad that is responsive, is fast and works "Feels cheap" compared to another tablet that "feels expensive " but crashes a lot and is not responsive and has a very poor processor and memory? WOW

Using these standards then the Iphone is JUNK! the 8gb has a poly back and the Iphone 4 has glass on the back........Hmm its cheap huh
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    I need to stop here I do not want to argue about a good tablet, it was the first version,

I have paid for Palm and Apple to develop products for years

remember Iphone 1? Its a piece of crap now compared to Iphone 4 just a few years later.

It costs money and time to develop a good tablet, samsung had a horrible tablet at first and tried to sell it, at least the HP touchpad gen 1 was at least 80% there compared to Ipad.

Unless HP hired the same people that designed Ipad 2 why would you expect the "Same tablet"
    and last I read Apple has thousands of patents so many that it may be difficult for others to come up with new tech because apple keeps patenting IDEAS and never use it but they have a patent for it, this is squashing American ingenuity.

So I must stop because I can think of many ways to prove Apple is not good for America as many believe. Its scary really
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k1l View Post
    either alot user who got one only got it because its 99bugs cheap and they dont know to handle it, or they got one because its cheap and now try to play the uber_dev but have no clue at all fiddeling at things they shouldnt.
    So...if we knew what we were doing, this thing wouldn't suddenly reboot even with one app loaded? Think not.

Either a software or hardware issue dude...stop blaming the user for not knowing how to use it. No random reboots on my wife's IPad 2...this thing is pretty sad.

Most likely a RAM issue...maybe it could be corrected via an update but not sure yet. After I adjusted the logging, things improved but still get reboots.
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    I need to stop here I do not want to argue about a good tablet, it was the first version,

I have paid for Palm and Apple to develop products for years

remember Iphone 1? Its a piece of crap now compared to Iphone 4 just a few years later.

It costs money and time to develop a good tablet, samsung had a horrible tablet at first and tried to sell it, at least the HP touchpad gen 1 was at least 80% there compared to Ipad.

Unless HP hired the same people that designed Ipad 2 why would you expect the "Same tablet"
    and last I read Apple has thousands of patents so many that it may be difficult for others to come up with new tech because apple keeps patenting IDEAS and never use it but they have a patent for it, this is squashing American ingenuity.

So I must stop because I can think of many ways to prove Apple is not good for America as many believe. Its scary really
    We weren't talking about the tab 7.

We were talking about eariler this year samsung showed off the Samsung Galaxy tab 10. Right after the Ipad 2 was shown off the next month at CES they showed off the a completely redesigned Tab 10 that was was lighter and had a better screen. Sure there were some sacrifices (they took out an 8mp back camera for a 3mp.)

So a Bigger comapny like HP couldn't do the same after seeing the ipad 2 and the competition they could have went to the envy line and redesigned quick.
    This was touched on but I will make my claim in my terms.

1. The user base just increased better than 10 fold. [?20?]

2. most of these have never used webos before.

3. because of 1 and 2, you are seeing more problems talked about.

It's not more problems per unit, on a percentage scale, we are seeing fewer problems per unit IMO.

EVERY electronic device has a certain failure rate. even 'out of the box.'
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    I keep reading these posts "Does not feel like its worth it"" It feels cheap"

Tell me a touch pad that is responsive, is fast and works "Feels cheap" compared to another tablet that "feels expensive " but crashes a lot and is not responsive and has a very poor processor and memory? WOW

Using these standards then the Iphone is JUNK! the 8gb has a poly back and the Iphone 4 has glass on the back........Hmm its cheap huh
    Good lord, no need for hyperbole.

It is awesome for 99 bucks. It would even be awesome for 250, maybe 299. It is not awesome for the price they originally asked for. That's the point.

Fire sale or not, most of us are playing with a device that some people thought was worth 399-499. I'm not insulting anyone's mom by saying the device does not feel like it's worth $400.
    Drifted off topic again. This is a TouchPad forum. Remember?
    Cantaffordit likes this.
    It is awesome for 99 bucks. It would even be awesome for 250, maybe 299. It is not awesome for the price they originally asked for. That's the point.
    Completely agree. The fact that they are selling like crazy on Ebay right now for 250-300 proves this. Personally, I never got the whole "feels cheap" thing, however. Go pick up a Toshiba Thrive and then come back and tell me the Touchpad feels cheap. It's night and day. For some reason - the Thrive got a pass, probably because it was a lot cheaper and had a ton of other features (USB host mode!) that made up for the cheap feel. I just think its funny that no one even picked up the touchpad before now (or any other webOS phone) and now its like "where did this come from?!". People are in love with it all of the sudden. After hammering webOS to my in-laws they call me one day last week after picking up a touchpad at Sams - "Matthew, we had no idea webOS was this great!". Ugh. Proof that people will purchase what the sales people push them to purchase. Being a webOS fan is extremely frustrating.

Overheard someone at Best Buy asking if this was an older version of Android. I could have screamed.
    Personally I love my TouchPad and haven't had any problems at all. There's really no point comparing it to other tablets. Yes they do essentially the same thing, but with different operating systems, they are just different animals. It really comes down to user preference in the end.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beardedspoooon View Post

Fire sale or not, most of us are playing with a device that some people thought was worth 399-499. I'm not insulting anyone's mom by saying the device does not feel like it's worth $400.
    I take offense to the Touchpad being "Cheap" I have used other devices like this that are cheap the screens are so bad no matter how much tap no response. I judge the Touchpad independently of any other and how useful and responsive it is

Its pretty good

could it be better yes, its a good start.

But as we know this incarnation is it.

I hope that another manufacture will take what was done right ( about 80% IMHO) and take it to the next level.

And yes I think its worth 300, 250 at the moment not 400 to 500 as before.

So......... I still do not get the off topic? If we discuss the touchpad how are we off topic? Hmm............confused here?
    My GF yesterday she told me when she was playing angry birds on my TP that the screen looked so soft and her finger was rolling so gently and easy.

The irony is that she owns an iPhone !!!!
    Me and a friend just got these, did the updates and they are running perfectly...
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    the ipad isn't the end all tablet out there. there are plenty of awesome android ones.
    No but check what he said in the past. He's pretty fixated on that thing.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    the ipad isn't the end all tablet out there. there are plenty of awesome android ones.
    Yup. And I've used both a touchpad and iPad. I'll a touchpad. Look forward to mine getting here, even sold my iPad. iPads no angel system. Apps crash on it quite often, you have to use iTunes to put stuff on it, multitasking sucks, notifications suck but it does have more apps.

However I like webOS and will gladly take it at these prices or near them. For the things I use on my iPad most aside from Netflix, the touchpad will work well. It will not be my last tablet.

Android tablets with honeycomb are also good. iPad isn't a bad tablet, I just think too many people buy it for the logo and don't look at the options

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    This thread has strayed off topic too many times.

<<thread closed>>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12