Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    Oops fixed thanks
  2.    #42  
    His may be fixed, but I'm getting nowhere. I've followed post 16 a dozen times and nothing happens. This is the only windows computer I have at home and the novacom driver worked on it when I installed preware. I've also tried 3 different cables
  3.    #43  
    Any more suggestions other than try another computer?
    If you get a response from bootie, then your bootloader is intact and you can use the webOS Doctor to recover the device.

Any problems with that are on your computer, not the device.

-- Rod
  5.    #45  
    Could anything allow quick install to work and cause webos doctor to fail?
    Try running ubuntu and running the doctor off that (hell, you can probably do this off a liveCD or a virtualbox installation if you wanted to).

Just suggesting trying a different OS setup if you're not getting results and can't get your hands on another computer right this very second.

Also, make sure you disable power saving on all your USB ports so they don't power down mid-doctor.
    Watch the command line output as the doctor runs. If the DeviceDiscoveryThread is looking for your device but cannot find it, unplug and replug your device at that point.

Make sure you are using a good direct USB port, not a hub.

-- Rod
    I get a response from Buttie, except that after it loads the memimage and reboots in goes over and over and eventually the web doctor disconnects. Tried to multiple PC's (Win7/64 and Mac OSX 10.6.8) and multiple cables. Novaterm sees fine my other TP so the setup is fine, it is just the rebooting T(oilet)P(aper) that seems to have an issue.

It always fails at 4% with the webdoctor 300 or 302. I will run zee herr doktor in text mode to see what it sees when the toilet paper reboots.
    Last edited by konrads; 09/13/2011 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you get a response from bootie, then your bootloader is intact and you can use the webOS Doctor to recover the device.

Any problems with that are on your computer, not the device.

-- Rod
    I get a response from Buttie, except that after it loads the memimage and reboots it goes over and over and eventually the web doctor disconnects. Tried to multiple PC's (Win7/64 and Mac OSX 10.6.8) and multiple cables. Novaterm sees fine my other TP so the setup is fine, it is just the rebooting T(oilet)P(aper) that seems to have an issue.

It always fails at 4% with the webdoctor 300 or 302. I will run zee herr doktor in text mode to see what it sees when the toilet paper reboots.
    Last edited by konrads; 09/13/2011 at 12:40 PM.
    Running zee doktor in text mode I see that at the 4% it says "waiting for device to come bacK" and does not see it. The TP keeps rebooting.

Unplugging and plugging back the USB cable does not help.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123