Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jace985 View Post
    wheres the doctor file located? restarted my TP and it isn't bricked I still get into usb mode but whats the path for java -jar < ? >
    You don't have to do this, you can open the doctor (.jar) just like an .exe
    My post above about the command line was confusing, sorry.
    Whoops that post was actually directed at you, I'm not thinking today..
    Last edited by johnnygewitter; 08/27/2011 at 06:51 AM. Reason: my bad
    You don't have to....but in the event that it stalls out, you won't be able to find out why. That's why it's recommended to use the command line, because you can find out where the error occurred, in the event that one does occur.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    Try step-by-step.

1. Disconnect TP
    2. Turn off TP
    3. Download the Doctor
    4. Open the Doctor, follow instructions/click next until it wants you to connect the device.
    5. Press volume up button while turning the TP on until you see the USB logo.
    6. Connect TP.

What does it say? / What happens?
    1-easy
    2- difficult. device will not turn off. Only way out of recovery mode or boot cycle is power, down volume, center
    3 - web doctor I get thru account has jnlp extension downloading yours now

The jar is much larger, 219mb compared to 831b - jnlp must run off net or something

no luck - ran doctor from command line - every second says

INFO: got controller
    INFO: got devices 0
    Got to go to work, back in 8-10 hrs
    Last edited by rbourne3; 08/27/2011 at 06:39 AM. Reason: avoid double post
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    @jace the path is the actual location of the doctor on YOUR PC. so say it's on the desktop it would probably look something like this:

java-jar <C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi.jar>

to find the location, right click the file, wherever you see the icon, go to properties, and you will see the path there.
    ok figured that part out.. but I'm in the same boat as the OP the webos I had was a .jnlp file not .jar so it wasent working now I'm downloading the .jar from the wiki.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    the jar file is 219mbs vs the 1kb jnlp doctor file i downloaded from the hp site weird
    *ALWAYS* run the doctor on the command line. Otherwise you're flying blind and no-one can assist you.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    the jar file is 219mbs vs the 1kb jnlp doctor file i downloaded from the hp site weird
    That's cause the first is the doctor and the second is just a downloader shim.

Always get the direct doctor link from the webos internals wiki.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    Yea sorry I'm just use to DFU> itunes> then bam fresh firmware and ready to go!
    recovery mode > webOS doctor > then bam fresh firmware and ready to go!

Don't confuse unfamiliarity with complexity.

-- Rod
    viper151 likes this.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Aug 27, 2011 7:33:37 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> LVM configuration changed

Aug 27, 2011 7:33:37 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Adjusting LVM logical volumes

rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Reduce volume 'media' filesystem from 13690208256 to 13
    572767744 bytes

rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> About to call: resizefat /dev/mapper/store-media 135727
    67744B

rint
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "resizefat /dev/mapper/store-media 13572767744B
    "

That's where mine is getting stuck at any tips?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Not to jack the thread, but I have a big problem - I cannot get the TP to boot at all - thus rendering the doctor unable to connect. I have charged all night, done all combinations of power, volume, center buttons. I have no signs of life from the TP. When I try to run the doctor from the cmd line I get "get device 0" - it is unable to connect to the TP at all. Anybody have any ideas? Maybe a hardware failure?
  11. k1l
    INFO: Trenchcoat: <INFO> Running "resizefat /dev/mapper/store-media 13572767744B
    "

That's where mine is getting stuck at any tips?
    how long you have been waiting? resizing ~14GB takes some time
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Such certain statements from such new users of webOS devices.

Hmm.

-- Rod
    Its because they just get the device, and then they want to change it because its sucks, or so they think ( Not an Ipad how could it be good?) and then they do things wrong because they only know how to trouble shoot IOS not WebOS

I too am new to WebOs but I only did some patches so far and put some home brew on nothing like what the OP did

I think I may but only after reading a lot in the future and TAKING MY TIME!
    Last edited by drfp; 08/27/2011 at 08:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    .......I too am new to IOS but I .....
    must be....you're still calling it iOS
    Soorma likes this.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewpydog View Post
    Not to jack the thread, but I have a big problem - I cannot get the TP to boot at all - thus rendering the doctor unable to connect. I have charged all night, done all combinations of power, volume, center buttons. I have no signs of life from the TP. When I try to run the doctor from the cmd line I get "get device 0" - it is unable to connect to the TP at all. Anybody have any ideas? Maybe a hardware failure?
    It was like that for me too, the instructions are missing an important note

the volume hold the device so the camera is at the "Top" home button "Bottom"
    then the volume when turning on push the volume button "UP" not down
    this would turn the volume up

you must do both buttons at the same time

power plus volume up

then you will see the USB symbol its different than USB mode

this puts it into an IOS DFU mode sort of then the Doctor will see it
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    must be....you're still calling it iOS
    Oops fixed thanks
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k1l View Post
    how long you have been waiting? resizing ~14GB takes some time
    waited about 20 mins then disconnected.. the first time i waited about 40 mins
    IOS DFU mode sort of
    Just BTW, DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) is not iOS specific, but part of the USB Standard.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    It was like that for me too, the instructions are missing an important note

the volume hold the device so the camera is at the "Top" home button "Bottom"
    then the volume when turning on push the volume button "UP" not down
    this would turn the volume up

you must do both buttons at the same time

power plus volume up

then you will see the USB symbol its different than USB mode

this puts it into an IOS DFU mode sort of then the Doctor will see it
    Did this too, I still have no signs of life. I am beginning to think this is a hardware failure. I got it on launch day and it has been fine up until yesterday.
  19.    #39  
    OP here. I quoted the op since there were too many jacks.

I returned home about 4 hrs ago and found the TP battery was dead. It has been in charge since then. I rebooted the xp laptop to reload novacomd and clear out any other junk. I ran the doctor from the cli just to get a log. I posted the results, but the post needed approval? and never showed up. I killed the process and ran quick install to reinstall

My TP is in a continuous reboot loop. I can hold down the volume up key alone and it will reboot itself and the large USB symbol appears in the middle of the screen. The only way I can exit this screen or shut down the TP is 3 buttons, power, center, and volume down. It then takes power and center to restart.

At no time is the tablet recognized by the xp laptop. In the continuous boot cycle, the laptop beeps like a usb device is plugged in, and beeps again like it is removed. An edrive shows for a few seconds in My Computer, but it says insert disk when clicked

When plugged in in usb mode it shows up in remove hardware as Palm novacom (bootie) and beeps every few seconds. It does not shoe in My Computer

The doctor log is at the bottom. I've made 2 posts including the doctor info, but they come up saying need moderator approval. I'll try putting it in the next post

Quote Originally Posted by rbourne3 View Post
    I guess I've done the impossible. I've bricked my touchpad. Actually it is not bricked, it is stuck in a never ending boot loop.

I've had it for all of 3 days, installed preware, uberkernel, xecutah, internalz, kalemsoft media player, etc. I've applied all the patches recommended in the get started guide, and patched libflashplayer.so to work with hulu. Everything went fine until I read this post.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...rk-shares.html

I got the shares working from the command line, and decided to figure out why it didn't work in fstab. My mistake. I should have been happy like it was. My only excuse is it was way too late last night and I wasn't thinking clearly.

I EDITED MOUNTALLFS.SH IN /ETC/INIT.D

I paged through the file until I came to the part where the comment was something about mounting the non volatile? file systems. The command executed was

mount -a -t vfat,ext3,xxxxx

I added ,cifs saved and rebooted.

It has been stuck in a boot loop ever since. Neither the doctor nor quickinstall recognize it. I can semi put it in usb mode by holding the up volume switch while it reboots. When I plug it into my XP laptop, it beeps like a usb device is plugged in or unplugged, every 10 seconds or so. It is not accessable as a usb drive. My linux desktop has no reaction when it is plugged in.

I can force a faster reboot by holding center and power for 15 seconds. The only way to get it out of semi usb mode is hold center, power, and down volume for 15 seconds. That combo is the only way to shut it off.

Anyone have any ideas?
  20.    #40  
    doctor log

>java -jar webosdoctorp302hstnhwifi.jar
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:02 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.ConfigFileMgr loadC
    onfiguration
    INFO: baseBuild webOS.tar
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:02 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.ConfigFileMgr loadC
    onfiguration
    INFO: customizationBuild hp.tar
    onfiguration
    INFO: prevBaseBuild null
    onfiguration
    INFO: prevCustomizationBuild null
    onfiguration
    INFO: DeviceType: topaz
    onfiguration
    INFO: WcpSubmssion: 26
    onfiguration
    INFO: ForceModemUpdate: true
    onfiguration
    INFO: RomBuildNumber: 68
    onfiguration
    INFO: BaseBuild: webOS.tar
    onfiguration
    INFO: RecoveryToolBuildNumber: 71
    onfiguration
    INFO: AppSubmssion: 84
    onfiguration
    INFO: RecoveryToolBuildTime: 07/30/11 06:44
    onfiguration
    INFO: VersionStr: HP webOS 3.0.2
    onfiguration
    INFO: ApprovalMikeHash: H4sIAFeoM04AA+3Ouw6CQBSE4a19Cl5A3BsSaxtsaKQ3JJwQElkSwMvj
    i5TGxgJs/q+Zk8kpJt61XSXXS54V8fgc1RL0ZO/9O02a6Cmt81bP/cw4ZUzivHZJap3S022NivQiaz7c
    hrHso0j1cm/kUZXSduHbn4S6CSJ9E+o1Zq0lOxd5tj3Zw3Hz7ykAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgB+8AENoqsIA
    KAAA
    onfiguration
    INFO: CustomizationBuild: hp.tar
    onfiguration
    INFO: ApprovalBuildName: H4sIAFaoM04AA+3OvQrCMBSG4cxeRUZdSpImFVdxKzjo5Bj0IIX+0Vp
    7+2onBdfq8j7LB4czvG2ftLGsxj45N5Wah3nKvH+tXQfzXJd6Z6b7JDhlbWb92nnrMmVscN4pbWbq+TD
    0t9hprTq5FzJeolRN/e1P6mtRi3RFff1F1q8cpJTYi94ORXnR+1iJtkmaOL087vJNGvLDaZP6EFaLf5c
    CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN49AN6MWu0AKAAA
    onfiguration
    INFO: LibCoreSubmssion: 149
    onfiguration
    INFO: ApprovalCharlieHash: H4sIAFeoM04AA+3OOw7CMBBFUdeswisI49gOW6CiokcWjCIXGMmEz
    /IJUEKFIDT3NE8aTXGb+TbVmrVuVst1M1wH830y6kK4r1tEGbf1oZXH/ckZ56IP4jvx3oiLXRBj5QctL
    07HIVVrTdVz1ssu6f5Q3v1p6XNRrbn0U2RNZfbvAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADAR26BWuGuACgAAA==
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:03 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController <ini
    t>
    INFO: +++++CardController
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:03 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController <ini
    t>
    INFO: getLocale is : en_US
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr checkAndI
    nstallDrivers
    INFO: Java Os Name: WINDOWS XP
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr checkAndI
    nstallDrivers
    INFO: Java Os Arch: X86
    nstallDrivers
    INFO: Java Os version: 5.1
    nstallDrivers
    INFO: java version: 1.6.0_25
    nstallDrivers
    INFO: java home: C:\Program Files\Java\jre6
    nstallDrivers
    INFO: java tmp dir: C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESR~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\
    nstallDrivers
    INFO: java vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
    nstallDrivers
    INFO: java vm version: 20.0-b11
    nstallDrivers
    INFO: java vm vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
    nstallDrivers
    INFO: user lang: null
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr is64bitWi
    ndows
    WARNING: Couldn't find Novacom so Installing it
    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "systeminfo.exe": CreateProcess error=2,
    The system cannot find the file specified
    at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Unknown Source)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr.is64bitWindows(Desktop
    DriversMgr.java:135)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr.checkAndInstallDrivers
    (DesktopDriversMgr.java:426)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.SystemCheckRunner$SystemC
    heckThread.run(SystemCheckRunner.java:26)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find th
    e file specified
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
    ... 7 more
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr is64bitWi
    ndows
    INFO: -----is64bitWindows
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr$Offloaded
    StreamReader run
    INFO: Here is Std Error Stream output of the command:

Aug 27, 2011 8:13:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr$Offloaded
    StreamReader run
    INFO: Here is Std Input Stream output of the command:

StreamReader run
    INFO:
    StreamReader run
    INFO: ! REG.EXE VERSION 3.0
    StreamReader run
    INFO:
    StreamReader run
    INFO: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{BA
    9A297F-0198-4EE8-90CB-F5036C180E1D}
    StreamReader run
    INFO: AuthorizedCDFPrefix REG_SZ
    StreamReader run
    INFO: Comments REG_SZ
    StreamReader run
    INFO: Contact REG_SZ
    StreamReader run
    INFO: DisplayVersion REG_SZ 1.0.0.73
    StreamReader run
    INFO: HelpLink REG_SZ
    StreamReader run
    INFO: HelpTelephone REG_SZ
    StreamReader run
    INFO: InstallDate REG_SZ 20110827
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr doesWindo
    wsDriverNeedUpdating
    INFO: reg.exe query exited with: 0
    StreamReader run
    INFO: InstallLocation REG_SZ
    StreamReader run
    INFO: InstallSource REG_SZ C:\DOCUME~1\JAMESR~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\
    StreamReader run
    INFO: ModifyPath REG_EXPAND_SZ MsiExec.exe /I{BA9A297F-0198-4EE8-90CB-F
    5036C180E1D}
    StreamReader run
    INFO: Publisher REG_SZ Palm, Inc.
    StreamReader run
    INFO: Readme REG_SZ
    StreamReader run
    INFO: Size REG_SZ
    StreamReader run
    INFO: EstimatedSize REG_DWORD 0x1535
    StreamReader run
    INFO: UninstallString REG_EXPAND_SZ MsiExec.exe /I{BA9A297F-0198-4EE
    8-90CB-F5036C180E1D}
    StreamReader run
    INFO: URLInfoAbout REG_SZ
    StreamReader run
    INFO: URLUpdateInfo REG_SZ
    StreamReader run
    INFO: VersionMajor REG_DWORD 0x1
    StreamReader run
    INFO: VersionMinor REG_DWORD 0x0
    StreamReader run
    INFO: WindowsInstaller REG_DWORD 0x1
    StreamReader run
    INFO: Version REG_DWORD 0x1000000
    StreamReader run
    INFO: Language REG_DWORD 0x409
    StreamReader run
    INFO: DisplayName REG_SZ Novacomd
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr doesWindo
    wsDriverNeedUpdating
    INFO: -----doesWindowsDriverNeedUpdating
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr installWi
    ndowsDrivers
    INFO: Windows drivers already up to date
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:16 PM com.palm.nova.installer.core.DesktopDriversMgr installWi
    ndowsDrivers
    INFO: -----installWindowsDrivers
    nstallDrivers
    INFO: -----checkAndInstallDrivers
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:19 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    eryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:19 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:20 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:20 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:21 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:21 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:22 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:22 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:23 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:23 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:25 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:25 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:26 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:26 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:27 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:27 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:28 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    Aug 27, 2011 8:13:28 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast