Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    When your new TP arrives check it !!!

It will be some great surprices like this man on youtube .....

- HP Veer --
    Mine has it too... Funny that I never noticed it until now...
    My guess is that its standard, not sure why though...
    I'd like to see if anyone can get it working... Time for a teardown? :-)
  3. 27
    All touchpads have that.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    All touchpads have that.
    oh yes ????

then all touchpad can use a Data Sim to navigate ? I know that wifi version it was ONLY WIFI
    - HP Veer --
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    yeah, the all have... but as far as i know unless u have a TP with gsm radio, its useless...
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    oh yes ????

then all touchpad can use a Data Sim to navigate ? I know that wifi version it was ONLY WIFI
    You're getting way ahead of yourself. All Touchpads have that slot. Its whether they are active is what matters WiFi versions don't use it since there is no 3g/4g radio.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ijip View Post
    yeah, the all have... but as far as i know unless u have a TP with gsm radio, its useless...
    hmmm , but if you go on the info tab (more info) on your TP you see the network options available....

Who can make a try with your AT&T sim card ? ...if you have a data plan sure
    - HP Veer --
    So I haven't notice if it's there on my TouchPad or not since I'm overseas without it. However, can someone confirm if it has 3G/4G radio? It would be awesome if it does.
    Last edited by aziatiklover; 08/27/2011 at 06:29 AM.
    NO, it does not have a 3G/4G radio. The chip inside the Touchpad does not even have the logic for that.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    NO, it does not have a 3G/4G radio. The chip inside the Touchpad does not even have the logic for that.
    i hope someone with a teardown can tell us YES , and with Internals Team....hack it !
    - HP Veer --
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I saw someone on ebay selling a touchpad he'd converted to use a 3g modem... (no idea if it actually works).
    A tear down from iFix everyone? I'm guessing not yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post
    i hope someone with a teardown can tell us YES , and with Internals Team....hack it !
    pretty unlikely -- none of the support hardware is there.

I haven't seen a SIM card in years, so I'm not really sure what those look like, but the slot does seem to be pretty perfectly sized for a SD card. Would be interesting if there would be the possibility of connecting a SD card reader through whatever might be wired around near that spot. However, I am not going to be the guy that attempts to take apart this wonderful device and ends up with junk.
    11B1P likes this.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I saw someone on ebay selling a touchpad he'd converted to use a 3g modem... (no idea if it actually works).
    wow !!!!!!

Go ROD !!!!!...
    - HP Veer --
  15.    #15  
    - HP Veer --
    Backbraker25 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by aziatiklover View Post
    ... since I'm overseas without it....
    You left it at home????

What are you?

dadueler and TravisAntonio like this.
    These are the TouchPad guides on iFixit

HP TouchPad Repair Manual - iFixit

No teardown yet.
    I've read its just a place holder, an empty slot.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    It's an empty slot. There is no SIM connector on the PC board. The WiFi TP uses the version of the Snapdragon that has no radios. HP uses the plastic insert as a place to put the serial number label.
    11B1P likes this.
    Judging by the pictures from the link above it is definitely a sim card slot. It has the actual slot with contacts installed but does not appear to be wired to anything.

see the following pictures(37,38,39):

Cracking Open the HP TouchPad: SIM card slot | 39 of 74

To even slide a sim card in, I think the black piece has to be completely removed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast