Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mlkmade
  • 1 Post By loopytee
  1.    #1  
    Used this guide for Pres on my new touchpad and worked perfectly..

Replace the flashing logo boot animation (homebrew) | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net

The only issue is that there is still an HP logo on boot before the animation kicks in. I've been using internals trying to find it, but no success.

Maybe the HP logo is hard coded?

Anyway, after the HP logo (non animated) shows for a few secs, my logo appears and starts to glow looks clean
    sledge007 likes this.
    If I remember correctly the other one would have to be changed in the doctor or something even more complicated.
    I think I found the file ,boot logo, its in /boot/boot-images.tar.gz I extracted the file and found the hp boot-logo.tga file in there also. I don't know enough about unpacking then repacking a .tar.gz file but it looks complicated and I read if done wrong you can have some issues
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    I was inspired by your boot logo change and changed mine too! I used a 400x400 silver blue palm image and a 200x200 webos zombie palm image, renamed them and now after the initial hp logo it switches to the large palm logo morphing into a zombie penguin!!! Ha ha I love webos

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    mlkmade likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    I was inspired by your boot logo change and changed mine too! I used a 400x400 silver blue palm image and a 200x200 webos zombie palm image, renamed them and now after the initial hp logo it switches to the large palm logo morphing into a zombie penguin!!! Ha ha I love webos
    could you post your image files sounds cool.
    thank you
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by loopytee View Post
    I wanted to go bigger initially too, but after a few tests I settled with 240x240..at least for my logo.

I started off at 400x400 and worked my way down until I was happy.

I just used my company logo and added a glow too it, worked out perfect with the TP morphing.
    I need to fire up my laptop 'cuz attachments don't seem to be an option I can click on with my touchpad
    I have a fix for that and will probably post this elsewhere, or it won't get found. Go to Preware and download PixelPipe Uploaded, which runs in Pre emulation. Link it to Photobucket. Upload your pictures to Photobucket. Get [IMG] code from Photobucket and copy/paste here like so

This post from my TouchPad
    Here are the files I used. I found these searching google images so please give all props to the original creators of these. And if you created it and want me to remove them just let me know and I certainly will.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    I have a fix for that and will probably post this elsewhere, or it won't get found. Go to Preware and download PixelPipe Uploaded, which runs in Pre emulation. Link it to Photobucket. Upload your pictures to Photobucket. Get [IMG] code from Photobucket and copy/paste here like so

This post from my TouchPad

Nicely Done!!!! Thanks for that work around

Think I need to see if I can get my laptop stable again. Need to see what's in that tarball.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities