1.    #1  
    So I've had a Pre (now a Pre 2) and Touchstone since the beginning, and have been using 2.x for a long time on that. I've never had any issues with leaving Exhibition mode running on 2.x at all.

However, on my Touchpad, I've been using the Accuweather Exhibition mode most often recently. And my Touchpad is on the Touchstone for longer portions of the day than my phone is. So just now I swiped out of Exhibition mode, and my town name was temporarily burnt into the screen (especially visible on dark backgrounds). It's faded in the few minutes since I exited Exhibition, but it's still pretty concerning. My brightness is down most of the way, so it's not that causing it either.

Looks like I'll be setting Exhibition to something with more motion like the Facebook app or Photos. Not nearly as useful as seeing the weather at a glance, but considering this is most likely the last webOS device I'll ever own (not by choice), I'd rather play it safe.
    Having just bought a couple more Touchstones, that's helpful information. I was kind of wondering about the clocks actually for nighttime. Too bad they don't shift every once in awhile. Sounds like a job for a dev I know
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Having just bought a couple more Touchstones, that's helpful information. I was kind of wondering about the clocks actually for nighttime. Too bad they don't shift every once in awhile. Sounds like a job for a dev I know
    Yeah, if it shifted every now and then it'd be great. Something like Windows Media Center does when playing music is perfect. It alternates between the album art on the left / track information on the right, and info on the left / art on the right.
    Is it possible to have Accuweather Exhibition Mode on display for longer than a few minutes? On my TP it always reverts to the clock after a few minutes. I would much rather have Accuweather displaying all the time. Can anyone point me to settings that allow this? Thanks.
    I think it would be really neat if someone wrote a Exhibition app that would run different exhibition apps, and change them out. Like a screen-saver-changer. Not sure if that can be done.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: