Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    It's strange. Sometimes, after presssing the lock button on my Touchpad which turns off the screen, the screen will flicker back on to show the lockscreen 5-10 seconds later. I've been able to catch it occur several times but don't understand why it happens. Anyone else experience this?
    Try restarting the TP to see if that clears it up.
    My daughter had played Angry Birds for a short time early in the night. I had later used the TP for about 1/2 hour and had shut the angry birds app down. Then I left the TP on the table switched off (i.e. blank screen) and after about 15 mins the Angry Birds music started blasting out.

There really are plenty of odd bugs left in this thing.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I think I have been able to pinpoint my cause. Usually before pressing the lock button, i turn on airplane mode to conserve battery. I usually lock my screen immediately afterwards.

I assume that the screen flicks on after I lock the screen because that's when airplane mode is completely in effect, and the display lights up again to indicate that airplane mode is starting. If I wait a minute after putting in airplane mode and then lock screen, i don't get random screen turning on
    Last edited by nexus14; 08/27/2011 at 03:24 PM.
    i was having this same issue with my new touchpad. i wasn't sure if it was happening before i started installing preware items (so i didn't really want to go about troubleshooting by uninstalling patches 1 at a time), but every time the tp went to sleep it would pop back on around 5-10 seconds later and show the locked screen then eventually shut back off. the problem went away after changing my settings from:

Turn Off After: 2 Min
    Lock After: 2 Min

to

Lock After: 3 Min

i'm not sure if this is an actual fix or if turning off and locking at the same time was the issue, but like i said it went from happening 100% of the time to none of the time that i have noticed. hope this can help someone.

EDIT: i just tested having it lock after the screen turned off and that also worked fine.
    Last edited by eatyourgreens; 08/27/2011 at 09:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    2,672 Global Posts
    Do you have Bluetooth on? Mine started doing it when I got the Bluetooth keyboard for it. I'd turn it off, then it would turn on 5 seconds later.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eatyourgreens View Post
    i was having this same issue with my new touchpad. i wasn't sure if it was happening before i started installing preware items (so i didn't really want to go about troubleshooting by uninstalling patches 1 at a time), but every time the tp went to sleep it would pop back on around 5-10 seconds later and show the locked screen then eventually shut back off. the problem went away after changing my settings from:

Lock After: 2 Min

to

Lock After: 3 Min

i'm not sure if this is an actual fix or if turning off and locking at the same time was the issue, but like i said it went from happening 100% of the time to none of the time that i have noticed. hope this can help someone.

EDIT: i just tested having it lock after the screen turned off and that also worked fine.
    Thanks for your suggestion. Question though: where do you see the "LOCK AFTER" option? I am looking under Screen and Lock and I see "Turn off after" but not the "LOCK AFTER" option.

TIA
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Do you have Bluetooth on? Mine started doing it when I got the Bluetooth keyboard for it. I'd turn it off, then it would turn on 5 seconds later.

Nope, no Bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by nexus14 View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion. Question though: where do you see the "LOCK AFTER" option? I am looking under Screen and Lock and I see "Turn off after" but not the "LOCK AFTER" option.

TIA
    it's just a little further down in the "Screen & Lock" settings screen under the "SECURE UNLOCK" section. about 4 inches below the "Turn off After" setting.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eatyourgreens View Post
    it's just a little further down in the "Screen & Lock" settings screen under the "SECURE UNLOCK" section. about 4 inches below the "Turn off After" setting.

Would you believe me if I told you I don't see such an option?

see attached

under "SECURE UNLOCK", i only have one option
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Yes, I believe it. Options for secure unlock don't show up until you actually turn secure onlock ON.
    check to see if you have your messaging app (skype) as offline. I changed mine to offline and the screen doesnt turn back on after locking it.
    IGNORE: I had done a search with the forum's search function and didn't find anything but I just did a GOOGLE search and found the follow which is exactly my issue:

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ng-screen.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I tried searching but can't find if anyone else is experiencing this....

When I press the power button once to turn off screen after I am done using my touchpad...about 1 minute later, all by itself, the screen turns on again for a few seconds and then turns off.

I haven't seen any other touchpad do this so I suspect I did something to mine, some patch or app, that makes it do this...

Same thing happens if I put it on the touchstone and press the power button once to turn off exhibition.... After about a minute the screen just turns on all by itself!

Any ideas before I doctor it and try again adding each patch and app one at time?
    Last edited by Atif; 09/05/2011 at 02:04 AM.
    <<threads merged>>
    bump

same problems on my hp touchpad. has anyone come up with a solution? i really dont want to send this back to HP
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    You can try to remove ALL notifications, including notifications about new searches for visited websites. My TouchPad used to turn on about after 10-15 seconds after turning off. After I removed all notifications, it doesn't happen anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by smatofu View Post
    You can try to remove ALL notifications, including notifications about new searches for visited websites. My TouchPad used to turn on about after 10-15 seconds after turning off. After I removed all notifications, it doesn't happen anymore.
    how do you turn off all notifications? thanks!

richard
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ooitsrich View Post
    how do you turn off all notifications? thanks!

richard

Notifications are displayed to the left of the top WiFI icon. If this part of the top bar is empty - good. Otherwise, drag each notification to the right to delete.
    Mine just did this today for like the 3rd time! Except once mine stays on it doesn't turn back off! I had 50% battery life when I went to sleep and 8 hours later it was down to 2% with the screen on when I woke up. Normally the battery would only drop 5-7% or so if I left it alone overnight. HP needs to come out with a fix for this whatever is causing it. I have a feeling it may be Skype as well as I had a pending invite from some stupid bot this morning...
    just changed my lock after 10 min. to 3 min. and it seems like it fixed it. it's weird, i never had this problem with my other touchpad

edit: nevermind, screen just turned on after turning off the screen. what the f!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast