Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By beardedspoooon
  1.    #1  
    Is it possible to change the default landscape orientation when viewing something in fullscreen?

I have the official HP case for the TP and usually orient with the speakers facing away from me so the cover does not get in my way. Once I go into video in fullscreen mode, it will go to the default landscape mode causing the video to be upside down. Very annoying.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Fold the cover flap beneath the device. It should not be in the way.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
    Fold the cover flap beneath the device. It should not be in the way.
    Well yeah. But not very convinient when you're laying in bed and holding it above you. And it would be a pain to have to use the Velcro each time for that.
    Global Posts
    2,155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonylokrn View Post
    Well yeah. But not very convinient when you're laying in bed and holding it above you. And it would be a pain to have to use the Velcro each time for that.
    The Velcro is what makes the case so awesome! Prop the TP up on your lap and no need to hold it. I would think your arms would get tired at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonylokrn View Post
    Is it possible to change the default landscape orientation when viewing something in fullscreen?
    I would say no. The TP is designed for the speakers to be on the bottom, which puts the volume rocker on top for easy access. This in turn causes the videos to only display in one orientation.
    Last edited by wbdillworth; 08/28/2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by wbdillworth
    The TP is designed for the speakers to be on the bottom, which puts the volume rocker on top for easy access. This in turn causes the videos to only display in one orientation.
    Anyone else think this is annoying? When its sitting in my lap I want the speakers up otherwise my clothes are absorbing a good portion of the sounds waves making me to have to unnecessarily turn the volume up. Also the springboard wheee! Easter egg sound in card view when launching a card away doesn't play except when in the speakers are pointing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Incindium View Post
    Anyone else think this is annoying? When its sitting in my lap I want the speakers up otherwise my clothes are absorbing a good portion of the sounds waves making me to have to unnecessarily turn the volume up. Also the springboard wheee! Easter egg sound in card view when launching a card away doesn't play except when in the speakers are pointing up.
    I think it's annoying, especially when the homescreen and browser are not locked to a particular orientation. The other thing too is that if you're holding it upside down and start a video, it pops up briefly in the orientation you want, than it flips over.

All they have to do is reverse the channels outputing to speakers when you're holding it "upside down." And I don't care particularly care whether the channels are reversed or not, I just want to do what I want in whatever orientation I want.
    TPwebOS820 likes this.