Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By BayAreaTreo
  • 1 Post By kjb86
  • 1 Post By BayAreaTreo
  1.    #1  
    As you can tell by my bio, long time Palm fan but lost faith and went 100% Apple to include iPod touch, iPhone, iPad etc.

I have used the Webos HP Touchpad for the past 3 hours and I am impressed. I honestly think if HP didn't pull the plug and put some real money into R and D, marketing and developer advocacy that HP could have given Apple a strong run for their money.

For $99 the Touchpad is the steal of the century. Now I can see why the hunt for the elusive TP is on.

Enjoy and thank you old timers for keeping Treo / Palm / Webos alive.
    barryb20, kjb86, rot and 1 others like this.
    welcome back, or should i say welcome to webOS.

It has had it's tough times, no doubt. And there is still a lot of potential. I am glad we are seeing some new users to the community (ok you're not necessarily 'new' just returned) joining webOS and helping out.

It's a long road ahead, but i'm sure we'll get there.

For a product that was developed and the entire software re-done within 12 months, I still say kudos to HP for delivering what they have. Does it have a few flaws? absolutely, but what product does not?
    BayAreaTreo likes this.
    I'm a first time webOS user since I got my fire sale TP and I'm definitely impressed! I actually bought two with the intention of putting Android on one of them. Shy not have the best of both worlds at this price?
    if there was an option to dual boot both I probably would do it just out of curiosity but with webos overclocked at 1.7 and a few awesome patches the touchpad runs awesome as it is ;-)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by kjb86 View Post
    welcome back, or should i say welcome to webOS.

It has had it's tough times, no doubt. And there is still a lot of potential. I am glad we are seeing some new users to the community (ok you're not necessarily 'new' just returned) joining webOS and helping out.

It's a long road ahead, but i'm sure we'll get there.

For a product that was developed and the entire software re-done within 12 months, I still say kudos to HP for delivering what they have. Does it have a few flaws? absolutely, but what product does not?
    Kjb,

I believe HP got it more correct then wrong. IOS could learn a thing or two from WebOS and I am an Apple Advocate.
    kjb86 likes this.