Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    Seriously. All of the sudden, everyone I know has a Touchpad. Frankly, this is the best thing I could imagine for this platform. I was with WebOS from the start and nobody ever listened to me about how great the OS is, and now all my friends get to see it for themselves on their shiny new Touchpads!

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums
    jetsetter883 likes this.
    plus increased traffic for pre central.......just what was needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    plus increased traffic for pre central.......just what was needed.
    And webOS in hand of the future. Meaning that there's an owner out there that can change this tablet around and help expand it.
    Yeah, the fire sale was a disaster for HP, but it might save webOS.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
    laoh likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aston Martin View Post
    It has it's downsides "OMG lets get Android on this *****!!!"
    Well you can't help the techie side of these owners have the best of both worlds. I'm curious though, is it possible to have this dual boot?
  6.    #6  
    Even better than dual boot, I think it will be running in a card. My friend said the same thing 'well, at least I can put Android on it' and I ripped him a new one. 'Why the hell would you ruin a perfectly good operating system' I asked.

Quote Originally Posted by untitled View Post
    Yeah, the fire sale was a disaster for HP, but it might save webOS.
    That's how I see it. It went from maybe Thousands of users to Hundreds of thousands of users overnight (touchpad). Hell, me might see Millions of users soon.

That's GOOD for webOS, mass exposure is good for any OS, just getting ready for licensing it out .
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Gotta say I wasn't big into webOS, huge android fan. But firesale got me hooked, now I'm just ready for some dev support w/ this insurgence of touchpad owners / webos users Haven't even picked up my Xoom in the last couple days...
    netwrkr9 likes this.
    if HP does the right thing (for once) they will work out all the bugs and get as many big names on the platform fast, so all these new users love it. I'm a day one supporter.
    I was a proud supporter of Palm, HP
    WebOS running on the Palm Pre, Pixi, and now the TouchPad.

Amazon =
    joen05 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by liv4rc51 View Post
    if HP does the right thing (for once) they will work out all the bugs and get as many big names on the platform fast, so all these new users love it. I'm a day one supporter.
    I would love to see this. And a Samsung or HTC webOS phone
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    Seriously. All of the sudden, everyone I know has a Touchpad. Frankly, this is the best thing I could imagine for this platform. I was with WebOS from the start and nobody ever listened to me about how great the OS is, and now all my friends get to see it for themselves on their shiny new Touchpads!

Its not the best thing since webOS is dying with no licensing in future, people dont want webOS tablet, they want a cheap tablet
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Bagbug likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Its not the best thing since webOS is dying with no licensing in future, people dont want webOS tablet, they want a cheap tablet
    Anything that increases knowledge of webOS could pave the way if any webOS devices pop up down the road. Motorola and Verizon spent crazy money to get the "Droid" brand established. HP just unintentionally did the same for webOS. The question is, is there a hardware maker interested in taking advantage of the ground laid by HP?

People won't have any loyalty to webOS, that much is true, but they won't recoil at the thought of something from outside the Apple/Google/Microsoft complex like they did before. So if someone can create a compelling product and market it properly, it should sell.

And since Google and Microsoft have recently given HTC, Samsung and LG incentive to look elsewhere ... well, I wouldn't bet on it happening, but I hope all three are at least considering webOS internally.
    User of Android, Blackberry OS, WebOS and Windows Mobile (not necessarily in that order).
  13. IK
    I think it's fantastic! Absolutely everyone is getting a TouchPad now. Do we have figures for how many people have iPads compared to TouchPads? (Based on sales) - Would be interesting to know!
    HP TouchPad 32GB
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    then why haven't the cheap $99 android tablets sold nearly as well as the touchpad? They want a cheap and good tablet and touchpad is good with webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    then why haven't the cheap $99 android tablets sold nearly as well as the touchpad? They want a cheap and good tablet and touchpad is good with webos.
    There really hasn't been any $99 android tablets and nothing close to the hardware level that the TouchPad has.
    kkhanmd likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spare View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by azentropy View Post
    There really hasn't been any $99 android tablets and nothing close to the hardware level that the TouchPad has.
    that's why there is so much chatter about converting TP to android.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWLandfair View Post
    Even better than dual boot, I think it will be running in a card. My friend said the same thing 'well, at least I can put Android on it' and I ripped him a new one. 'Why the hell would you ruin a perfectly good operating system' I asked.

I feel the same... why replace webos with android which I feel is an inferior operating system? But rationally, it's b/c of 1) apps, 2) b/c they can. And this might be a good opportunity for ppl who could've cared less about webOS, much less even know what it is, to actually come to like webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffrlp View Post
    Gotta say I wasn't big into webOS, huge android fan. But firesale got me hooked, now I'm just ready for some dev support w/ this insurgence of touchpad owners / webos users Haven't even picked up my Xoom in the last couple days...
    Just imagine having webOS on a phone instead!!!
    I'd rather stick with webOS as it matures than put freakin' Gingerbread on my TouchPad. Maybe I'll take a peek when Ice Cream Sandwich comes out, but more as a curiosity than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagbug View Post
    downside ? You do realize that this tablet could fly with Android instead of the crappy WebOS ?
    Speaking as an OS enthusiast with several flavours of Linux, and Windows running on PC's and servers, as well as MacOS, BSD, Sun etc running in virtualization, not to mention BlackBerry and iPhone (all these just in my home), I have to say that WebOS is far from crappy. Perhaps in need of some polish, but it is easily one of the better and user-friendly OS's out there. Android frankly pales in terms of usability and coherence. I like Android, but WebOS is better (for me) and feels more mature.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast