1.    #1  
    So I just got my TouchPad from HP.COM and was so excited to start using it... except it is STUCK at the WiFi setup screen because it can't detect ANY WiFi networks. Anyone know what the issue is and how I can fix it? I can't get a replacement because HP doesn't have any in stock at this time.
    Did you try a full power cycle? Hold power to turn off (I assume), wait a few seconds, power on, try again?
  3.    #3  
    yup tried every combination possible, i am surrounded by wifi networks and not one will show up. I temporarily did see my network and tried to connect, but it would not.
    Can you temporarily open up your network just for the initial login? Remove passwords, MAC filters, that sort of thing?
    similar issue and I ended up not only reseting the touchpad but also reset my wifi router and that fixed it. Good luck
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    I saw my wifi initially, but then it (and all the others) disappeared. While I was staring in disbelief, thinking that I'd have to start one of these threads, they appeared again. It took maybe 30 seconds until they reappeared.

Sorry if that isn't much help.
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryCrest View Post
    I saw my wifi initially, but then it (and all the others) disappeared. While I was staring in disbelief, thinking that I'd have to start one of these threads, they appeared again. It took maybe 30 seconds until they reappeared.

Sorry if that isn't much help.
    Maybe perform a full restore? Hopefully it's a small software glitch...and also check if you ahve the updates too.
  8.    #8  
    I guess I'll try a full restore. Can it be done through a Mac?
  9.    #9  
    I just updated to 3.0.2 it and wifi will not pick up any networks around me. Also tried hard reset on both the TP and linksys wrt54g router. Any suggestions? I'm stuck at the wifi setup page.
    Last edited by xpolarbearx; 08/27/2011 at 07:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    I suggest playing with the router settings. My experimentation seems to point to AES encryption to be the best as the Touchpad has hardware support for this.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  11.    #11  
    I did play with the router settings and nothing changed. Already had it at WPA2 and AES. But after two days of waiting for it to find any signal all of a sudden the TP was able to see all the networks around me as well as my own. So if anyone is having a similar issue, DON'T GIVE UP! I have no idea why it took so long for it to pick up a wifi signal but it eventually did and everything is running perfectly. Thanks for everyones help! Btw, I'm a mac guy and wanted an iPad, I'm so glad I jumped on this deal because the TP really is a great tablet and so much more useful than an iPad!
    @groovdafied: I probably should have mentioned that as soon as it popped up again, I was able to access it. I haven't had a problem since.