Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bevcraw
  1.    #1  
    I had completely drained the Touchpad's battery today while watching a video, so I plugged it into an outlet. But three hours later, I still can't turn it on. The screen is completely blank, and the Home button flashes back and forth (like the car in Knight Rider), but that's it. When I unplug the cable, for a brief second, I see an image of a plug & battery, and then the screen goes blank. I've tried holding down the power + home button for 20 seconds or so, but nothing happens. I then tried to plug it directly into a powered USB port on my computer, but same problems. The home button flashing only occurs when the Touchpad is plugged into my computer or the outlet.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
    comp charging sucks for the phones....prob worse for the TP...bad outlet? Maybe just a loose screw? I've had this ******* prob
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I got my touchpad about a day again and when I was using it the battery drained then it turned off. Now no matter how long I charge it I can't get it to turn back on. Thanks for any help or ideas!
    Let me run through several questions:

Are you using the HP-supplied charger and cable?

Have you checked the two-piece plug to make sure that the two parts are securely fastened to each other (base and plug for region)?

Are you charging from a wall outlet?

Have you tried to substitute a different microUSB cable?

Also you may want to try a hard reset -- press power and home (center) button at same time and hold for 15 seconds.
    Fubaz likes this.
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Let me run through several questions:

Are you using the HP-supplied charger and cable?

Have you checked the two-piece plug to make sure that the two parts are securely fastened to each other (base and plug for region)?

Are you charging from a wall outlet?

Have you tried to substitute a different microUSB cable?

Also you may want to try a hard reset -- press power and home (center) button at same time and hold for 15 seconds.
    Also it takes a good 3 to 5 minutes for the pad to wake up at first, at least that is what has happened to both mine
    Quote Originally Posted by accelerate View Post
    I had completely drained the Touchpad's battery today while watching a video, so I plugged it into an outlet. But three hours later, I still can't turn it on. The screen is completely blank, and the Home button flashes back and forth (like the car in Knight Rider), but that's it. When I unplug the cable, for a brief second, I see an image of a plug & battery, and then the screen goes blank. I've tried holding down the power + home button for 20 seconds or so, but nothing happens. I then tried to plug it directly into a powered USB port on my computer, but same problems. The home button flashing only occurs when the Touchpad is plugged into my computer or the outlet.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
    I have exactly the same issue as I write this... What's going on?
    Merged 2 threads about charging issues. Let's us know what you've tried and whether it worked.
    I just chatted with HP. They say it maybe an adapter issue and they are sending me another adapter which will take 5 days or so. I will keep you informed.
    My identical problem. I did get a Return Authorization Number to return to Store by mail. Ive tried it all like you have. Dud.
    the hard reset trick worked for me
    having charging issues - my charger was working just fine - then starting getting 'touchy' and now when I plug it in I see the lightning bolt for a second and then the plug. It is not charging. HELP. I have tried another charger - which is just loose and not working well. argh.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    My TP is starting to get picky about where I plug it in to charge it.

I've been charging it on my room's wall chargers and now for some reason, when ever I plug it to one of those, it gives me a message that the interface doesn't have enough juice to charge the TP.

I'm nos charging it @ my kitchen, but it's a weird situation.

I of course now notice what the charging/sync port in my TP feels a bit flimsy.

Maybe that's it?
    I have the same issue. I have tried 2 other Micro USB cables (android phone good cables) with the same result. I have tried the manual reset (power button and home button held together for 15 to 30 seconds) two dozen times with no result. I have tried tapping the power and home button together 20 times in succession no result. I have tried holding the power on and volume up button together for 15 seconds with no result.

I think there's a flaw somewhere if the battery gets so critically low it can't awake enough to charge. I've had it plugged in for over 3 hours and it just cycles over and over the battery image for 30 seconds, then the plug image for 5 seconds, then black screen for 5 seconds, and repeat from the beginning. The HP charger charges my cell phone just fine and the Touchpad sees my phone charger because it displays a message on the screen saying that it is preferred to use the charger that came with the device, then back to the cycling.

Going through Palm support they are going to repair my device for free. I wasn't sure that was an option so I am ecstatic! Good luck to all!