Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Both the 16 and 32gb Touch pads, the WIFI turns off and on all the time while browsing.......... very annoying why is this ?
    My 32gb lost wifi all the time out of the box. Once i updated the os to 3.0.2 it has yet to drop it. It took a very long time of me clicking on the update box. but, im at 2 days now with no wifi drop when i used to be once an hour. I
    used to have to restart the device because i was unable to reconnect to my wifi via top right slot wifi reset. I hope it works for you since that was my only downside to this, till the update fixed it.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mechslave View Post
    My 32gb lost wifi all the time out of the box. Once i updated the os to 3.0.2 it has yet to drop it. It took a very long time of me clicking on the update box. but, im at 2 days now with no wifi drop when i used to be once an hour. I
    used to have to restart the device because i was unable to reconnect to my wifi via top right slot wifi reset. I hope it works for you since that was my only downside to this, till the update fixed it.
    Both are 3.0.2 updated the 16gb 2 days ago and the 32 tonight

at this moment I have lost internet 6 times like power saving it turning it off ?
    Is it shutting off when the screen is on or off?
    I got a 16GB one from BB on Sunday and the wifi has been solid and haven't had one drop before or after the update.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    I'm in the middle of reading something on the web and all of a sudden the WiFi shuts off and I get a white screen "You must be connected to a Network to use this application"
    then the WiFi comes back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by drfp View Post
    I'm in the middle of reading something on the web and all of a sudden the WiFi shuts off and I get a white screen "You must be connected to a Network to use this application"
    then the WiFi comes back on.
    Is it showing a strong signal on your screen?
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    All bars the Router is behind my head

54g with cable internet pretty fast and good bandwidth
    Have you tried connecting to a different network?
    You have a crappy router. I had that problem while using my friend's wifi, using my own wifi was stable.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Yeah I have a piece of crap Cisco ( useless security I cannot connect to it with an Iphone or my HP wireless printer) Linksys
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jameskelsey View Post
    Have you tried connecting to a different network?
    Not yet I can go to the McDonalds down the street and try
    I have a problem where I'm still connected to my wifi network, but I don't get internet until I turn it off, and on again. Now, my router has some issues ( I need to unplug it every 24-72 hours), but my other devices (3 laptops, current nexus s + previous pre- that is no longer with us, RIP) don't do that. They simply stay connected, and work.
    I have this too yet it works fine all day long at work on my unsecured work network so I am certain it's my home router settings. I saw a thread elsewhere about this that recommends some home router setting changes to try....do a search here on precentral.
    It could be your router as well or like someone say try to update it to the latest firmware version!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Don't use TKIP cipher if you can help it. That's what fixed it for me.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Thanks all
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    goodness i just got my 32 gb.. im having all sort of issues trying to update this thing.. the internet seems to work fine with the browser.. but when it comes to the update it keeps disconnecting... i have to keep clicking it.. very annoying