1.    #1  
    So, I was one of the lucky ones to recieve a discounted touchpad for the amazing price of $99. I've had it since the 20th, and I love it. However, today I was looking at the speakers for some reason, and noticed a crack on the bottom speaker. Not only was it a crack, but it stuck out too.
    I freaked out for a good 5 minutes. Wondered if I could have possibly dropped it (never have, i baby this thing) then looked on the forums and found it to be a common problem.
    I called HP and they said they would send me a refurbished one in 3 business days. Do you think I should have just sent it to repair? Whats done is done, but i'd like some feed back!
    Don't worry... I have the EXACT same issue. It's an issue with using plastic as the body. Since there is no replacements available, the fix is easy. Just get some modeling glue or superglue (small tipped tube like they use when making model planes and stuff) and you can carefully dab a bit on the spot and glue them together.

I also picked up a TouchPad case and love it. The HP case feels great and protects the edges really well - and they are cheap now.
  3.    #3  
    A little too late for that! My refurb is coming soon. Lol I just hope the refurb isn't messed up. I also got a case from amazon, i just haven't gotten it yet. Thanks for your fast response!
    Same thing will have to the refurb, and the one after, and the one after.
  5.    #5  
    I'm starting to think that.. i should have just stuck with it and glued it or something!
    That's a though one! What if the refurb is no good! I would return it and try getting another at firesale price, but what if I can't get one again!
    http://forums.webosnation.com/members/stargate-albums-my-pre-picture960-moving-pre.gif
    Then Ducktape and superglue. It's only $99 bucks
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    I'm starting to think that.. i should have just stuck with it and glued it or something!
    Most of the time Refurbished products are just like new.................unless they're from HP or Palm. I've read tons of stories where refurbished ones they've got are pretty scratched or banged up.

I myself sent my pre-plus to them and it came back with scratches on the screen.

Inspect refurbished product and if it's not like new, return the refurbished back to them and just fix your "new" one. Atleast it's still new. For $99......you won't lose money if it came time to sell, even with glue on crack.
    I got a crack on the corner of my tp. And neither myself or my wife dropped it..... But my 32gb from palm will be here tomorrow and this 16gb will be hers o no worries. And we have 2 cases now as well.
    SCK Manager
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    Most of the time Refurbished products are just like new.................unless they're from HP or Palm. I've read tons of stories where refurbished ones they've got are pretty scratched or banged up.

I myself sent my pre-plus to them and it came back with scratches on the screen.

Inspect refurbished product and if it's not like new, return the refurbished back to them and just fix your "new" one. Atleast it's still new. For $99......you won't lose money if it came time to sell, even with glue on crack.
    hmm..I'm able to do that? They won't charge me full retail price if I send there unit back if I don't like it?
    If you don't like the device, you can always sell it in the Marketplace forum here on P|C (even with a crack). People will snap it up in a second.